W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do you let the dealer wash your 55 during service appointments?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by W Cole
Werd, add me to the HELLLL NO club haha..

The dealer (fletcher jones) destroyed the paint on my old C Class - swirls and scratches everywhere. They would wash it regardless if I pleaded with them not to, nothing worked.

You guys are way too kind with the laminated placards. I wrote with blue tape all over my E with large 3 foot letters on everyside that say "no wash". Hopefully they get a little negative publicity out of it.

+1 RE Fletcher Jones

I Think That the Car Wash Personal Does NOT Understand English..as I had a Placard that was fitted to the instrument cluster that stated PLEASE do NOT wash...I Guess I Needed it Done in Spanish?

Last Visit to FJ yep they washed it....Oh and left the bra on it and that turned the paint a Sweet MILKY color....I NO Longer USE Fletcher ...Bigger is NOT Better
Old 03-16-2007, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by joemoney415
Would you guys recommend a good coat of wax on our cars or do you stay away from it. If the answer is yes, I would love to know what the best brand out there would be. I have a very young black car and am looking to keep it shining and clean with as little swirl as possible.
Re Black Swirl free finish I Use BlackFire and Zaino as all mjy cars are BLACK 040 Both Products give Great Results! BTW Buy a PC Buffer go to autopia.org for more info
Old 03-16-2007, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by sac73
Did my first annual DMV inspection and 1 year Service A today on my 06' E55(MB of Manhattan), the car went in spotless, the car came out a ton worse than going in.... water marks all over the windshield/windows, lube cream or something brown on the driver side door (2 straight lines, freaked me out at first as it looks like a scratch), water spots all over the body. Didn't see any actual body damage, so I drove home, did a quick detailing job, and called it the day.

So do you guys have better or worse experience at your dealer (can't imagine to be much worse than mine)? I have learned my lesson.... won't let them touch my car again with their fancy "hand wash"
Never let them do it. Instead of a detail they do a fine "scratchtail"
Old 03-16-2007, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
Originally Posted by sac73
Did my first annual DMV inspection and 1 year Service A today on my 06' E55(MB of Manhattan), the car went in spotless, the car came out a ton worse than going in.... water marks all over the windshield/windows, lube cream or something brown on the driver side door (2 straight lines, freaked me out at first as it looks like a scratch), water spots all over the body. Didn't see any actual body damage, so I drove home, did a quick detailing job, and called it the day.

So do you guys have better or worse experience at your dealer (can't imagine to be much worse than mine)? I have learned my lesson.... won't let them touch my car again with their fancy "hand wash"
sovereign here in brooklyn also doesnt dry the car and the rims still have brake dust all over them if i would have known that i wouldnt have let them
Old 03-16-2007, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
Originally Posted by JLP
I only let the dealer wash my car when I don't have a rock-filled wash cloth lying around!