Sponsored by:

Z06 vs E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Welcome Cosmic. Double wide. What happen to the single wide

I actually think the Z06 is quite refined. But like most things, it is always relatively speaking. I also think comparing the Z06 to the E63 is really like comparing apples to oranges. They are both amazing cars in their own rights.

On a more humorous note , don't be fool by Jangy's statement in this tread. His other side could be quite blunt. However, he does state things as he sees it and take life on his own terms.

Sadly, I do agree that the behavior and conducts of a gentleman has become something of a rarity and is almost non-existence in the web.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w210 E55
Originally Posted by Cosmic Benz
Old people. The phrase seems a bit pejorative doesn't it. You envision a bunch of old geezers sitting around in rockers mumbling and drooling on their blankets--a situation which is a reality for many of our older citizens.

It takes imagination and application to see them in their 20s--young and vigorous, marching off to Europe to die in legions on the beaches of France or among the bombed out ruins of Berlin.

Now they are in the way; they block our acceleration and fumble for change in the supermarket while we posture and sigh wanting them to hurry up. So what if these 10th generation Americans fought in WW II, or Korea, or Viet Nam or Iraq; as some have inferred, they are just the cannon fodder that has contributed to building a nation where some can come and disrespect them.

The man who looks too old to drive, who is blocking your way on the expressway may have been one of the first on the beach at Normandy. Now he needs protection, support, and empathy from those who are young and robust.

The measure of a man (IMHO) can be found in his treatment of those who are weaker than himself, those who need consideration and even his protection. For some, "old people" are easy targets--punching bags as we saw on TV recently when a mugger punched a 101 year old woman in the face to get her $32.

I am not trying to be critical or argumentative, but I think when referring to fellow members of the forum (I am sure there are many over 50) it might be thoughtful to refer to them with some sensitivity to how the words might make them feel.

I do not need sympathy myself; I will soon be 64, but I weigh 175 (6 ft tall), can still bench 200 lb., just finished publishing a book, have written several articles for learned journals and monographs, and have developed 3 subdivision in the last 2 years. I'm not bragging, I'm just pointing out that "old people" often have more going on than the "young people," whose only claim to ascendancy is the age of their muscle tissue.

Trolls. They are everywhere. Either they have something better/faster or they know someone else that does. Enjoy your new ride. My AMG has lasted me since it was new 6 years ago. You will love it. Especially the puzzled look on peoples faces when they try to mess with you on the road.

Stay on this side of the tracks (W211 E55 Forum) and you'll be fine.Well, except you will have jangy on this side.....but that's okay.....he's not a troll.

Enjoy your E63.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
I love Corvettes , but I would still choose the E63 over the Vette