Sponsored by:

Bug Guts and Black Paint--An Ongoing Saga

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Bug Guts and Black Paint--An Ongoing Saga

I have 400 miles on my black E63. Here in Georgia, especially in the dairy county where I live, there are hordes of little creatures that commit suicide on the front of the car.

I have a clear bra, but I am wondering how often I need to wash the bugs off of the car. Every time I drive for 10 miles out here I harvest a new crop of critters, so it would be absurd to wash it every time I drove it.

And please, a mediated response if you will; I know there are detail freaks on this forum who wash their car every day and wax it every week.

Since there is a strong experience base with black E55s and E63s (black being a favored color), there should be enough experiential information to determine a reasonable length of time that bug bowels can be left on the car and removed without permanently screwing up the paint.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by Cosmic Benz
I have 400 miles on my black E63. Here in Georgia, especially in the dairy county where I live, there are hordes of little creatures that commit suicide on the front of the car.

I have a clear bra, but I am wondering how often I need to wash the bugs off of the car. Every time I drive for 10 miles out here I harvest a new crop of critters, so it would be absurd to wash it every time I drove it.

And please, a mediated response if you will; I know there are detail freaks on this forum who wash their car every day and wax it every week.

Since there is a strong experience base with black E55s and E63s (black being a favored color), there should be enough experiential information to determine a reasonable length of time that bug bowels can be left on the car and removed without permanently screwing up the paint.
I had a clear bra on my black SL55 and the bug guts stained the material an it was impossible to remove. I would get rid of the little devils remains as quickly as you can or you will end up with a polka dotted bug bra.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:01 AM

CLS55
get on the www.zainobros.com now. makes bugs come off easy.