Sponsored by:

My E55: Incomparable!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
My E55: Incomparable!

Just thought I'd post a 'rejoice' message celebrating how incredibly, amazingly, incomparably superlative our E55's are. Yeah!

Normally, nobody seems interested in racing the E. Why? I'm guessing most people are uninformed, and think I'm driving just another benz sedan. But for some reason, everyone wanted to run on Friday's drive home.

First, a black Porche Turbo (black, convertible, a few years old). Crushed him several times from 40-90 blasts. After our third run, he politely gave me a thumbs up, shook his head (what the hell is in that thing?) and dropped back.

Later, I encountered what looked like a heavily modified truck. Fairly new looking, de-badged but seriously modded. Loud exhaust, shaved doors, huge rubber, lowered, some kind of germanic writing on the window that said something like "Hitter Motorwors - We Don't Play Nice". Fast truck, but again, absolutely blasted him once the road opened up from traffic. Another 50-100 type run, he was trying hard to keep up but lost by a solid 50 yards. Crushed a second time. Seemed enough beating to me, and we were coming up to traffic, so I slowed down. Ricer fly-by! Windows too tinted to see what was up with the driver, but very funny.

I exit the freeway and what fantastic luck! A few lights up, who should I line up with at a red light? One heavily modded truck. Ok, I did a bit of traffic weaving to get there once I saw that he had exited on my exit and was a mile or so up the main drag...

Crushed him from a dig, even worse than from the rolls on the freeway. He was making a TON of noise, but no go. Damn, sounded like open exhaust and some a serious cam, but it got quiet as I pulled farther and farther away Rather than suffer further abuse, he took an obscure turn rather than line up at the next red and run again. Hehe!

But things got even better. Picked up my girl @ San Francisco airport, had to drive her back to Oakland airport (long story). She noted how much more comfy my benz is than her's. Cush ride (late night, no traffic), all settings in comfort mode... As we exit the freeway, we happen to line up at a red light on Hegenberger (again, no traffic) with... a... purple Viper coupe! Oh my god, is this my day or what? Passenger begging me to not race him, as dude is revving his engine for the lane merge. I apologized, ("Honey, this is why we buy these cars") and punched it @ the green. With her yelling, I backed off at 50-60, a car lenght or two ahead of the Viper. Darn. Viper kept on it, past me as I backed off, but the message was sent.

Dropped her off @ her car, tons of luggage in the trunk, no problems, and cruised home.

All in all it was a very good day.

My only problem is the constant nagging sense that I'll never be able to replace this thing. A car that I can toss the keys to my mom with no fear of her crashing it or freaking out at its performance, then I can run it against crazy iron and win in almost every scenario. Fits five with luggage, runs all day with comfort and silence until the beast within is summoned... What else can do this at anywhere near this price? I guess it IS a bit low-key and doesn't draw the admiration that lesser cars I've owned have brought (red jag drop-top, etc). But I'm starting to like the stealth factor. Especially on days like this

Skeeter
Old 03-25-2007, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by Skeeter
Just thought I'd post a 'rejoice' message celebrating how incredibly, amazingly, incomparably superlative our E55's are. Yeah!

Normally, nobody seems interested in racing the E. Why? I'm guessing most people are uninformed, and think I'm driving just another benz sedan. But for some reason, everyone wanted to run on Friday's drive home.

First, a black Porche Turbo (black, convertible, a few years old). Crushed him several times from 40-90 blasts. After our third run, he politely gave me a thumbs up, shook his head (what the hell is in that thing?) and dropped back.

Later, I encountered what looked like a heavily modified truck. Fairly new looking, de-badged but seriously modded. Loud exhaust, shaved doors, huge rubber, lowered, some kind of germanic writing on the window that said something like "Hitter Motorwors - We Don't Play Nice". Fast truck, but again, absolutely blasted him once the road opened up from traffic. Another 50-100 type run, he was trying hard to keep up but lost by a solid 50 yards. Crushed a second time. Seemed enough beating to me, and we were coming up to traffic, so I slowed down. Ricer fly-by! Windows too tinted to see what was up with the driver, but very funny.

I exit the freeway and what fantastic luck! A few lights up, who should I line up with at a red light? One heavily modded truck. Ok, I did a bit of traffic weaving to get there once I saw that he had exited on my exit and was a mile or so up the main drag...

Crushed him from a dig, even worse than from the rolls on the freeway. He was making a TON of noise, but no go. Damn, sounded like open exhaust and some a serious cam, but it got quiet as I pulled farther and farther away Rather than suffer further abuse, he took an obscure turn rather than line up at the next red and run again. Hehe!

But things got even better. Picked up my girl @ San Francisco airport, had to drive her back to Oakland airport (long story). She noted how much more comfy my benz is than her's. Cush ride (late night, no traffic), all settings in comfort mode... As we exit the freeway, we happen to line up at a red light on Hegenberger (again, no traffic) with... a... purple Viper coupe! Oh my god, is this my day or what? Passenger begging me to not race him, as dude is revving his engine for the lane merge. I apologized, ("Honey, this is why we buy these cars") and punched it @ the green. With her yelling, I backed off at 50-60, a car lenght or two ahead of the Viper. Darn. Viper kept on it, past me as I backed off, but the message was sent.

Dropped her off @ her car, tons of luggage in the trunk, no problems, and cruised home.

My only problem is the constant nagging sense that I'll never be able to replace this thing. A car that I can toss the keys to my mom with no fear of her crashing it or freaking out at its performance, then I can run it against crazy iron and win in almost every scenario. Fits five with luggage, runs all day with comfort and silence until the beast within is summoned... What else can do this at anywhere near this price? I guess it IS a bit low-key and doesn't draw the admiration that lesser cars I've owned have brought (red jag drop-top, etc). But I'm starting to like the stealth factor. Especially on days like this

Skeeter
>>>"uninformed, and think I'm driving just another benz sedan"<<<
That is why I lift and let them do the ricer fly by, I try not to laugh.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:57 AM

Stock?

Hello Skeeter.

Is your E55 stock? ..Or was it an older Viper?

-b.

P.S. This is a nice video -- Z06 eats it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyhPEEfX6mI

..and camera 2 in the Z06, staring at E55 exhaust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUGTVCMh-GA

Last edited by carrisco; 03-27-2007 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Add a link...
Old 03-27-2007, 04:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Skeeter

Skeeter
Thats all that matters! Great story.