Datalogger?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Datalogger?

I'm wanting to move ahead with tricking the E out, but I want to be able to gather the data to justify my stupid ideas.

Does anyone have a clean setup for a system to capture the vital info? I don't need one that captures ALL of it at all times. There are already so many sensors on tha car that i was curious if anyone had any ideas on how to tap into them?
Simple things, like temp and stuff are easy by simply adding thermocouples, but i want to be able to read teh individual corner readings that ESP is fed off of, get engine speed, etc.

I was turned onto Race Technology's Dataloggers today by a racing engineer (bright kid). I like it, but I don't know that anyone knows how to use the car's current sensors instead of buying and adding external ones.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
The issue that I've run into in my brief research was one of resolution.

The commercially available hardware/software only captures data at a certain refresh rate, something on the order of 1-4 per second. I would like something more like 10-100 per second, depending on the sensor.

If you find something else, please post it up.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
The issue that I've run into in my brief research was one of resolution.

The commercially available hardware/software only captures data at a certain refresh rate, something on the order of 1-4 per second. I would like something more like 10-100 per second, depending on the sensor.

If you find something else, please post it up.
Keep in mind that i am not afer a system that will help me monitor 0 - 60 times OR 1/4 mile runs. I want to know where I get wheel spin and what type of input I gave to get it. I will use it as a tool to improve my driving skills along with find the best bang for the buck way to mod the car.

a silly example (I say silly because we already know this) is using one to determine value of an LSD. If I had data to show how body lean, steering angle, speeds, etc. fed into the individual rear wheel spin and even ESP kick in I could make the leap that an LSD is in MY best interest. The exact same a nalysis could be done by the straigh line racers to see if it indeed adds value.

Monitoring Temperatures and air pressures along the intake and exhausts system is also a plan. That is the ony true way to know what will help and what will hurt with out guessing or being fully educted.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...highlight=data

Just some stuff to read.

I use the Palmer Performance stuff.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Can you hook me up with using it? I'll read up on what you gave me.

Thanks, bro!! p.s., it was nice to finally put a face to that mouth!
Old 04-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
It is on!! So, you mind giving me some details? What all do i order, where does it plug in, what is the interface (module or my laptop?, etc etc. i wan to collect more than just engine data, so i was hoping for one that an tap into the computer that runs the esp, etc. Any word?