I Love My Newest Modification

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2007 | 08:27 AM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

Drives Slowly
I Love My Newest Modification

......screw the HREs, the front and rear lip spoilers and all the other eye candy that you put on your AMGs. This mod will set you apart. I've already received mad props from the high school's slammed Honda crowd.

Brand New Mercedes Benz Side skirt LED light
For all Mercedes with side skirt
10 LED light, 5 on each side ( see pic below)
Expert installation needed, all wires included.
Top Quality

Old 04-08-2007 | 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Wasn't the 1st last week?
Old 04-08-2007 | 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by Rock
......screw the HREs, the front and rear lip spoilers and all the other eye candy that you put on your AMGs. This mod will set you apart. I've already received mad props from the high school's slammed Honda crowd.

Top Quality

Why Why WHY!!!!!!!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 04-08-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-08-2007 | 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by Rock

Top Quality

Gosh, Rock, you forgot to take your meds again
Old 04-08-2007 | 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Actually there is a guy in the Off topic section that bought a car for his wife and put lights somewhat like these on there...he's taking a beating over it right now.But I think Rock could pull it off ok.
Old 04-08-2007 | 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Actually there is a guy in the Off topic section that bought a car for his wife and put lights somewhat like these on there...he's taking a beating over it right now.But I think Rock could pull it off ok.
I actually have a set of 8 Brabus LED puddle lights sitting in my desk drawer at work. I never actually get to pull together enough courage to install those.....
Old 04-08-2007 | 02:42 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
I actually have a set of 8 Brabus LED puddle lights sitting in my desk drawer at work. I never actually get to pull together enough courage to install those.....
Dont do it Kev.
Old 04-08-2007 | 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55

As they say,to each his own.I'm not a big fan of the underside lights or any other extra activity lighting.
Old 04-08-2007 | 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by 2K6E55
Dont do it Kev.
As they say,to each his own.I'm not a big fan of the underside lights or any other extra activity lighting.
At this point, there's a 99% chance that I wouldn't do it coz it just looks odd with the stealthy look that I'm going for. However, I'm going tint my tail lights and 3rd brake lights though.

Also, the installation of the Brabus lights are very labor intensive because it doesn't come with all the wirings so you have to do your own wiring and tap into the power source that lights up the headlights when you unlock your car.

Last edited by Kev04C320; 04-08-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2007 | 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
At this point, there's a 99% chance that I wouldn't do it coz it just looks odd with the stealthy look that I'm going for. However, I'm going tint my tail lights and 3rd brake lights though.

Also, the installation of the Brabus lights are very labor intensive because it doesn't come with all the wirings so you have to do your own wiring and tap into the power source that lights up the headlights when you unlock your car.

WE are apples and oranges here toady.Im not a fanof the blacked out tail lights and such.Not that Im against it,I like the brighter cars like the latest one SDsilverM3(Ling) just put up.2K6E55's has his lights and such blacked out and it looks good,there are some pics of his car somewhere in here.

Im going to take all the tint off my windows here very soon,its getting boring looking..
Old 04-08-2007 | 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
WE are apples and oranges here toady.Im not a fanof the blacked out tail lights and such.Not that Im against it,I like the brighter cars like the latest one SDsilverM3(Ling) just put up.2K6E55's has his lights and such blacked out and it looks good,there are some pics of his car somewhere in here.

Im going to take all the tint off my windows here very soon,its getting boring looking..
Well, different strokes for different folks, or else we would all be driving some GM montrosity

Most people here chose to get the Eisenmann exhaust as well, but I had decided to go with Carlsson just because I don't like it too loud and I like the rounded tips that Carlsson offers. Since my car is black and have black CF accents in the front and back, the extra red on the car makes it look kinda odd, so I'm going to tint red portions in the tails and 3rd brake lights to make the lines of my car flow better. I'll keep the clear portion untinted just because there're still chrome accents on the car that would complement the clear portion of the taillights. I also had one surprise that has just been put in action and will not likely be unveiled for another couple months that would go well with the blacked out look. Jangy knows what I'm talking about.

As for tints, I have very light tint on my car (35% Huper Optik, which is the lowest you can go legally in MA) but not the front windshield. It's not reflective so it's not very noticeable with my light colored interior and dark exterior color. However, the tint does keep my a tad bit cooler if I park facing away from the sun. On a lighter color car, I would either go for a very very dark 20% tint (but it would look like just about every other car out there), or with no tint. After all, we're driving an 80-90K car so it would be nice for others to see us driving it, LOL
Old 04-08-2007 | 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Well, different strokes for different folks, or else we would all be driving some GM montrosity

Most people here chose to get the Eisenmann exhaust as well, but I had decided to go with Carlsson just because I don't like it too loud and I like the rounded tips that Carlsson offers. Since my car is black and have black CF accents in the front and back, the extra red on the car makes it look kinda odd, so I'm going to tint red portions in the tails and 3rd brake lights to make the lines of my car flow better. I'll keep the clear portion untinted just because there're still chrome accents on the car that would complement the clear portion of the taillights. I also had one surprise that has just been put in action and will not likely be unveiled for another couple months that would go well with the blacked out look. Jangy knows what I'm talking about.

As for tints, I have very light tint on my car (35% Huper Optik, which is the lowest you can go legally in MA) but not the front windshield. It's not reflective so it's not very noticeable with my light colored interior and dark exterior color. However, the tint does keep my a tad bit cooler if I park facing away from the sun. On a lighter color car, I would either go for a very very dark 20% tint (but it would look like just about every other car out there), or with no tint. After all, we're driving an 80-90K car so it would be nice for others to see us driving it, LOL
I have my windshield tinted,not sure how dark the % is but its very light.Just enough to keep the Ca harmful rays out..lol I have had so many cars with tinted windows that I think Im over it.Put up some pics when you get things done..

BTW,nobody likes a secret keeper Kev!!!!!
Old 04-08-2007 | 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Looks like the Brabus ones..
Old 04-08-2007 | 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
I have my windshield tinted,not sure how dark the % is but its very light.Just enough to keep the Ca harmful rays out..lol I have had so many cars with tinted windows that I think Im over it.Put up some pics when you get things done..

BTW,nobody likes a secret keeper Kev!!!!!
I thought about a windshield tint, but then my astimagtism would be aggravated by the reflections, so I decided against it.

Here's a side view of the tint in bright Boston sunlight in July '06

The tint is very light and barely noticeable.

It's something that we've discussed numerous times on the board. I just finally had the time to put together this little venture. Since I don't want to disappoint any one, I'm paying for all the R&D at this point and want to make sure that every thing fits and looks right before we showcase it on the board to the brothers
Old 04-08-2007 | 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by wolverine0723
Looks like the Brabus ones..
actually, it does not look like the Brabus ones. These are supposed to be installed outside of the sideskirts. The angle of the light is adjustable and the casing are waterproof.

The Brabus one are supposed to be installed in the side skirts and the angle of the light is not adjustable. However, it's considerably brighter than the replicas because each light has 5 LEDs.
Old 04-08-2007 | 05:39 PM

Interlagos Blue 06 M5
Rice
Old 04-09-2007 | 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Id still go with the HREs
Old 04-09-2007 | 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
Get some spinners on 22" rims. You'll have to lift the car of course until it looks ridiculous to make them fit. Oh, and the spinners should be so gummed up with crud that they don't spin anymore. Then you'll really be ballin'.
Old 04-10-2007 | 08:25 AM

2007 E63 AMG, 2005.5 Audi S4
"I wanna be a Tuner Tool"

You should have to pass some kind of certification test to own an E55/E63 and if you fail then you should automatically be enrolled in the "I wanna be a Tuner Tool" Program. That is truly where a "mod" like this belongs.

Hey, just my opinion too, and I know it isn't worth too much
Old 04-10-2007 | 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

W221
To each his own but I think its okay...for when yer parked and stuff only
Old 04-11-2007 | 06:14 PM

Anyone for some ricer undercar NEON that flash triggers off of your bass? you can have it change colors too-ooh!