Sponsored by:

Lumbar Support has a mind of its own?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 05:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55
Lumbar Support has a mind of its own?

I have the Dynamic seats. And I don't like the lumbar (lower or upper) to inflate, so I deflate them constantly. It seems they just re-inflate on their own. Even when I set the seat memory with them deflated. I can hear the passenger side doing that too I believe... not sure b/c I hadn't ridden there yet.

Anyway, is this normal? Are they independent of the memory seat setting? And if so, why do they inflate when I just deflated them the last time in the car.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
This could be wrong

Originally Posted by Scott in H-town
I have the Dynamic seats. And I don't like the lumbar (lower or upper) to inflate, so I deflate them constantly. It seems they just re-inflate on their own. Even when I set the seat memory with them deflated. I can hear the passenger side doing that too I believe... not sure b/c I hadn't ridden there yet.

Anyway, is this normal? Are they independent of the memory seat setting? And if so, why do they inflate when I just deflated them the last time in the car.
Hi Scott,
Glad to hear your A/C is working better. I am out of country now and don't have the manual. So this info could be wrong, but as I recall the settings information can be stored in the key (seats/bolster/lumbar, mirrors, radio, ect), or not stored in the key (default), but accessed by the seat memory controls in the door. One time I used my wifes key and was crushed like a white California seedless grape. I am sure you will find the secret. I remember a post re: that a reset to calibrate TPM may clear your seat settings too.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Hi Scott,
Glad to hear your A/C is working better. I am out of country now and don't have the manual. So this info could be wrong, but as I recall the settings information can be stored in the key (seats/bolster/lumbar, mirrors, radio, ect), or not stored in the key (default), but accessed by the seat memory controls in the door. One time I used my wifes key and was crushed like a white California seedless grape. I am sure you will find the secret. I remember a post re: that a reset to calibrate TPM may clear your seat settings too.
Thanks. I'll check that, but I don't think it's key related. I have set my settings to be key dependent, but this will happen mid-drive. lol
Maybe I should name my car Christine?