Sponsored by:

Any Canucks import a US E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock 2002 C32AMG
Any Canucks import a US E55?

Just wondering if any fellow Canucks out there have imported an E55 (or any E-class) into Canada and what if any issues they had?

There are two issues I'm concerned about:

1) The speedometer which reads only in MPH, whereas a Canadian car must have Kilometers on the Speedo. I'm not sure if the digital readout can display in km/h and if that would suffice. Replacing the instrument cluster with the metric version could be a prohibitively expensive proposition.

2) Can I get the warranty honored in Canada?....not sure on this one.

With the current exchange rates I can pick up a 2005 US E55 for about $15 - $20k less than the going rate up here so I could have the pleasure of driving it for a few years and sell it for close to what I paid...not bad.

If anyone has gone through this pain, I'd love to hear about it!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLK63 Cab
Its a headache and not cheap when it comes to Benz's. On any vehicle that is not made in North America add 6.1%duty. Benz charges $750 just to find out what it will take to make it Canadian certified then it will be atleast another 3-5k to make it certified. There is also some brokerage chargers, if you don't do it yourself and some other little fees.

Look up Riv.ca to find out what vehicles are easier to bring in. BMW and Porsche are a good to do.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock 2002 C32AMG
Wow, thanks for the Great info John. I had been to the Riv.ca site but wasn't quite sure what to make of the special notes for Mercedes. I see now that special notes = $$$. BMW was also in the running for my importing adventure and it looks like your helpful info has make that an easier decision!

Wow, nice ride you have there. That is a beast!