Panoramic roof is available on the new E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 01:05 AM
mnh
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panoramic roof is available on the new E55

MB New Zealand has finally confirmed that the panoramic roof is available with the new E55. It took a copy of the German price list to get them to check again and confirm.

I was originally not going to get it but on reflection I have changed my opinion and mind. It is still complicated, but I am told it does not add very much weight and there are no structural issues. With the E55 you cannot have the rear folding seats, which itself may have something to do with rigidity. The solar panels for stationary cooling are also an attraction.

Stephen, if you still have time to change your spec, go for it.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:42 AM

Ya the dual sunroof is available... I saw it yesterday at the Mercerdes E Motion Drive for the W211 E class. Was soo much fun to beat on a car thats not yours.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
mnh
Thanks for the update. I will chase this up tomorrow because Panoramic roof was the first on my option wish list!
Old 10-08-2002, 12:18 PM

C-Class
today i got my hands on the new (100pages strong) AMG brochure.

AMG now offers 13 models, and the E55 with the panoramic roof which was shown on some photos!
Old 10-09-2002, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
The E55 will be available from the factory with the Panarama roof. If not available in Australia or another country that would be because some higher up decision maker in Mercedes Australia Front Office or your country decided not to import them with that option into your particular country.

All Options are available from Mercedes in Germany, however, many 'importers' specify certain options, models colors, etc. So when stephens first reported that the E55 did not have that option that information was probably 'only' specific to Australian models and not the rest of the world.

Originally posted by stephens
I got a call today from my dealer, I have ordered E55 with Panoramic roof. Bad news, due to "structural integrity issues", the E55 is not available with this option.
There was probably never a problem with the panarama roof on a E55! No Panarama option in Australia because some 'dingo' in MBZ Aussie Headquarters did not order any. If Mercedes has no problem with a Panarama top in the SL55 which has to fold into the trunk/boot I doubt that a stationary glass roof had a problem?

Sometimes I think that fellow member stephens thinks that the rest of the world revolves around Australia!

Last edited by E55 KEV; 10-09-2002 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:16 PM
mnh
Almost a Member!

To be fair this was also the answer in New Zealand. The problem stems I believe from a mistake in the options specification received from Australia (probably), which stated that the Panorama Roof could only be ordered in conjunction with the fold down rear seats.

My guess is that somebody then saw that the fold down rear seats were not available on the E55 and in a blinding act of deduction concluded that therefore the Panoramic Roof was not available either.

That's my take on the confusion anyway.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I called delaership this monring. They are going to talk to headoffice to check. It took a bit of arguing and quoting from the members here as they are still convinced it is not available. Will let you know the outcome.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:31 AM
mnh
Almost a Member!

Print out the german price list from www.jes-mercedes.de under E-Klasse, circle in red ink the panoramic roof option for the E55 and make your dealer send it to head office. These head office wallahs often only respond in the face of irrefutable evidence.

Of course you would think it was their job to know what the options were in the first place.
Old 10-10-2002, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the tip. I got a phone call about an hour ago telling me that this had been escalated the the district sales manager with no success. Advised to go head office direct and make my case.