Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a SC belt slippage solution?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:42 AM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
03 E55 AMG
What nonsense are you referring to and by who?

Originally Posted by bleek
The belt slips on SLR's and it's not a big deal, Kleemann has a few cars that make over 700+hp and they don't have a problem, but when people don't actually understand what is going on and start talking alot of non-sense it causes much confusion over nothing, and these same people have nothing to show for with there own cars. There's only a few like Vadim that understand, make sure all pullies are clean use a new belt and if your really **** i learned this one from Stuggart Tech (too bad he ain't around no more) use some damn belt dressing done deal!

Anyways my car comes back next week and i got a video of my car with the new race exhaust. You all seen the pics of the headers right?
Old 09-09-2007, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Originally Posted by Vadim@GMGRacing
Since the pulleys are not lined up along a common centerline, the belt will never return to the to the same spot.

The belt slips on all 55s. It is part of the design.
Sorry, but which is it. They will not line up again because of a common center line or because of the normal belt slip.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Vadim@GMGRacing
Since the pulleys are not lined up along a common centerline, the belt will never return to the to the same spot.

The belt slips on all 55s. It is part of the design.
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Then one looks at the situation and tries to determine the facts.
Is what we understand of the belt slip issue true or false, is it a misunderstanding or a mis-interpretation of how we see numbers represented.
Are certain models/build dates effected by it more/less?
Could there be a reason to it, or a cause for it?

ahh what it is to be human and think (be curious)
I applaud people for thinking and trying, because speaking /participating and tying is better then not knowing and been silent.

but one can say 'am better off not knowing '

peace out and share the info!

Last edited by Zod; 09-09-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:33 AM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
03 E55 AMG
Belt slip is not unique to MB.

See link: http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=301574

Belt slip becomes more noticeable as after-market pulley diameter increases.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Finny
Belt slip is not unique to MB.

See link: http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=301574

Belt slip becomes more noticeable as after-market pulley diameter increases.
Cheers finny I also assumed this, but thank you for confirming it to me.

So in your opinion what pullies available now, gives good gains and not much slip/ heat problems ?

To the person that posted the topic, do you have an upgraded pulley?
Old 09-09-2007, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Finny nothing against you, i've always been happy to see your projects, just refering to someone that has no clue what there talking about but acts like an expert. If this so called expert had a clue he'd understand with different sized pullies your bound to have the belt slip even by just turning the motor over by hand!

No one said the belt slipage is only unique to MB, any serpentine belt driven supercharger will slip some, but does it become such a major concern? i commend you Finny for trying to come up with some kind of solution, but my problem is with people that have never turned a wrench acting like an expert and being afraid to come race and show off there expertise and tuning ability.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
bleek...it's *******g getting old buddy.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:30 PM

2004 E55
chiromikey, it's funny when ever i speak some truth about what's up you all get all bent. Cool how about this, we can settle this once and for all!

Let's get this expert to step up and show his expertise and we can race! I'll rent the track out, and i'll put up $20K cash to him if he wins! I'm sure people wanna see a race, especially with such a so called tuning expert. But the problem is he'll have a zillion excuses why he won't race. Heck were both from Toronto we can settle the score and put on a show, no need to talk about it after that. chiromikey i'll even fly you up to watch the race. Heck it's a win win for this performance tuner, he gets to show off his talent, show case his tuning products for everyone to see, plus all his admired customers can see his flag ship and see what things are about.

Here you go:

- $20k to him if he beats me, but if i win i get $10k
- Run whatever you want in the 55 (run your 5.8L, or nitrous or whatever)
- Run a slick and i'll run a drag radial
- Car must have all body panels attached (you can gut the car too if you like)

No more talk now chiromikey i'll let the cars do the talking, let's hear the excuses!
Old 09-09-2007, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
chiromikey, it's funny when ever i speak some truth about what's up you all get all bent. Cool how about this, we can settle this once and for all!

Let's get this expert to step up and show his expertise and we can race! I'll rent the track out, and i'll put up $20K cash to him if he wins! I'm sure people wanna see a race, especially with such a so called tuning expert. But the problem is he'll have a zillion excuses why he won't race. Heck were both from Toronto we can settle the score and put on a show, no need to talk about it after that. chiromikey i'll even fly you up to watch the race. Heck it's a win win for this performance tuner, he gets to show off his talent, show case his tuning products for everyone to see, plus all his admired customers can see his flag ship and see what things are about.

Here you go:

- $20k to him if he beats me, but if i win i get $10k
- Run whatever you want in the 55 (run your 5.8L, or nitrous or whatever)
- Run a slick and i'll run a drag radial
- Car must have all body panels attached (you can gut the car too if you like)

No more talk now chiromikey i'll let the cars do the talking, let's hear the excuses!
Bleek,

We all like to read about your car and its mods,but we dont car what your problem is with vrus! Actually alot of us are tired of reading all the talk you do constantly about it.We dont are if you have a problem with him!!!! He isnt here dropping hints in EVERY single post he makes,so why do you need to? Again,we dont care what your problem with him is.....take it up with him personally if you feel the need.

I give you credit for showing some parts that you so call have for you car.Nice job,we all look forward to seeing mods to these cars.But when you start throwing these challenges around with outstanding money amounts and this and that,you start to look foolish.One way to lose any crediblity you have here.Again,we dont car about your problem with Vrus,did I get that across to you yet? lol

Im still waiting to see all of these cars running 9' in Colorado?
Old 09-09-2007, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

bleek,

jrocket summed it up pretty well. we like to see innovation from as many as possible but we don't need the bs. whatever the problem is I've never seen vrus carry on about and you're as guilty as anyone about posting incorrect information so lets just move on and stick to making these cars faster.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:20 PM

2004 E55
JRocket, it's not about being foolish just trying to clear the air, see i don't claim this or that about what i know but when some one pretends, but never tests noting on his own car, well..... Also i throw the big money out just so he has no reason to back out, creditability, well i'll let what i know speak for me, my delivery with facts ain't always cool because it exposes certain things, but believe what you like, i know what i know and i can back it. JRocket you've always been cool and real thanks.

chiromikey, lol i'm guilty am i, perhaps the odd thing, but i do not pretend to be a performance tuner and constantly air out stuff i have no clue what i'm talking about. The problem with talking alot of info that's incorrect is costing people alot of money, so do you like wasting money because you heard something from a so called expert? But whatever bud, people run and kiss *** because they get something cheap or whatever, you've never met the guy in person, you have no clue what your talking about, but learn the hard way homie. Cool as you requested i'm done with this, let me know if he wants to race. Case closed!
Old 09-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Received 521 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
I have a stone chip on my window and I'm not sure what I should do?
Old 09-09-2007, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Rock
I have a stone chip on my window and I'm not sure what I should do?
4 parts vodka,1 part red bull.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:46 PM

E 211
JRocket, it's not about being foolish just trying to clear the air, see i don't claim this or that about what i know but when some one pretends, but never tests noting on his own car, well..... Also i throw the big money out just so he has no reason to back out, creditability, well i'll let what i know speak for me, my delivery with facts ain't always cool because it exposes certain things, but believe what you like, i know what i know and i can back it. JRocket you've always been cool and real thanks.

chiromikey, lol i'm guilty am i, perhaps the odd thing, but i do not pretend to be a performance tuner and constantly air out stuff i have no clue what i'm talking about. The problem with talking alot of info that's incorrect is costing people alot of money, so do you like wasting money because you heard something from a so called expert? But whatever bud, people run and kiss *** because they get something cheap or whatever, you've never met the guy in person, you have no clue what your talking about, but learn the hard way homie. Cool as you requested i'm done with this, let me know if he wants to race. Case closed!
Old 09-09-2007, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

look, i appreciate the work you've done and i'm glad you're going to have a fast e55. however, it gets old when you keep disguising posts as informative when in reality your main reason to be here has become to insult someone that has offered more to this community than you ever will. you can claim i'm kissing his *** all you want, it doesn't hide the fact that everything i've said is absolutely true. and you're right, i've never met him in person...but he's gone so far out of his way to make things happen for me (and others too for that matter) that i'm vouching for the guy regardless.

bottom line is i'd LOVE to see informative posts from you on how to make these cars faster or hear more about your car (the details...not you bragging) and see videos/stats of your 1/4mile runs but we all can do without the not so subtle passive-aggressive attempts to insult other members.

take care...
Old 09-10-2007, 02:29 AM

2004 E55
chiromikey, whatever you say bud, sometimes stating facts can upset some, it's kinda like telling your kid the tooth fairy ain't coming, i guess i shouldn't have exposed the tooth fairy. Man i do not brag, sometimes people get jealous and assume i'm bragging, but i just try to show how hard it is to actually make HP, here's the thing, don't need to brag i'll let my car do the talking, that's why i wanted to race. Anyways all the best and good job on your big heatexchanger can't wait to see what your hot rod lays down. Man that really sucked that Earnhardt Jr blew up. Hey how about them cowboys!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol, i'm not jealous, i don't know anything about earnhardt blowing up, how the cowboys are doing, or what point you're trying to make. i think that canadian beer is getting to you.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:41 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
keep it on topic guys and dont slip up on the SLIP topic!
thanks
Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by chiromikey
look, i appreciate the work you've done and i'm glad you're going to have a fast e55. however, it gets old when you keep disguising posts as informative when in reality your main reason to be here has become to insult someone that has offered more to this community than you ever will. you can claim i'm kissing his *** all you want, it doesn't hide the fact that everything i've said is absolutely true. and you're right, i've never met him in person...but he's gone so far out of his way to make things happen for me (and others too for that matter) that i'm vouching for the guy regardless.

bottom line is i'd LOVE to see informative posts from you on how to make these cars faster or hear more about your car (the details...not you bragging) and see videos/stats of your 1/4mile runs but we all can do without the not so subtle passive-aggressive attempts to insult other members.

take care...
I agree.

Personal disputes should be handled face to face and not over the Internet.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:49 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking Chris' installed cooling mod - now ready for his pulley!!! (:

Originally Posted by chiromikey
i don't know the specs on vrus' but i do know there is another lighter billet pulley in the works...probably in several flavors like 170 and 175mm.
Mikey: Chris installed his I/C cooling kit and I really like it! The car seems stronger than before after multiple runs period! I asked him about his new pulley that he's coming out with and he said it's on the back burner. We need some guys to push him to get it machined and tested (The diagrams and NC work is done from what I understand) Any chance you and I could hook up in the next couple of weeks to check out my IATs with your S/W??
Old 09-12-2007, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by deaguero
Mikey: Chris installed his I/C cooling kit and I really like it! The car seems stronger than before after multiple runs period! I asked him about his new pulley that he's coming out with and he said it's on the back burner. We need some guys to push him to get it machined and tested (The diagrams and NC work is done from what I understand) Any chance you and I could hook up in the next couple of weeks to check out my IATs with your S/W??
no problem. pm me and we'll work it out...or i can send it to you and you can send it back when you're done.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by deaguero
is this the IC kit with the ice box? nice should do wonders for you at the track if it is.