Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2007 | 06:29 AM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG Black/Black
Hi from downunder (a few questions)

Hi from Australia :]

Just bought the E55 03 model. (12000km)

Great car. Good news is all ECU tweaks, COMMAND secret menu's, DVD in-motion works easily.

A few general questions.

1. At idle, if you put your ear to the muffler, i can hear intermittent "crackling" sounds. Very soft crackling sounds. Do you guys have this? And what would it be?

2. Can you adjust the temperature so that the driver side control will create the same temperature on the passanger side too? Currently I have to set both controls to the same temperature?

Im sure i'll have more questions in the future.

Cheers
Old 06-03-2007 | 05:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Welcome!!!!!!!!
12000km is very low for an '03 - you did well.

The crackling is normal - I think its the metal expanding and contracting, in the exhaust.

The car has a dual system climate control and both sides and the rear operate independantly (sort of). If you want the temp the same on both sides you must set it that way. Pushing the 'auto' button lets the car decide where the airflow goes.

Post pictures.
Old 06-04-2007 | 10:51 AM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG Black/Black
Thanks for the reply!

Here's some pics. Nothing fancy, just a stock E55 :]

I've also noticed the breaks squeal a bit, not much just a little. The dealer said the car needs to be driven in a bit more as there might be an accumulation of dust on the pads whilst sitting in the showroom?

This is my first high performance car... is it safe to "thrash" it frequently when driving? When i'm trying to do a fast 0-100 take off, is it damaging to the car to hit the throttle fully down and not let up?

Last edited by reaxion; 06-04-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-04-2007 | 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Originally Posted by reaxion
Thanks for the reply!

Here's some pics. Nothing fancy, just a stock E55 :]

I've also noticed the breaks squeal a bit, not much just a little. The dealer said the car needs to be driven in a bit more as there might be an accumulation of dust on the pads whilst sitting in the showroom?

This is my first high performance car... is it safe to "thrash" it frequently when driving? When i'm trying to do a fast 0-100 take off, is it damaging to the car to hit the throttle fully down and not let up?
A few heavy braking sessions will take the 'varnish' off the discs.
The only risk to thrashing it is your license. This car is seriously fast!.......and the cost of new tyres if you smoke them with ESP off.