Sponsored by:

Is your car FUN??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
That's a pain in the *** and one of the reasons my P-car is no more.

However, the E55 is very subtle and classy so shouldn't draw neagativity like many flashier (albeit most likely slower) cars.

BTW, if you go for a Vishnu tuned BM, will the C32 make way or the 55?
C32 is gone for a family cross over (08 highlander) until the new Sequoia hits the market next year.

E55 will be replaced by (335i coupe or 535i) until I can afford a used E63 or new C63.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Sorry more to the point of the question posed ... "is your E55 FUN ...? "

Hell yeah !!!

I think we all get this sheepish grin when we plant the right foot from a dig or a roll ... and shortly after have a little giggle at the acceleration... and shake our heads in disbelief when the Gallardo next to you is now in your rearview mirror.

If you drive the car often I suppose you do get accustomed to the acceleration - but driving it on weekends only I dont get a chance to get accustomed to it and am always pleasantly surprised with the cars power.

Giggles all the way ...
Old 06-08-2007, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some nice cars ;)
to make it simple, i have both, the evo9 and the e55. Two different cars but the e55 is a BETTER daily driver than the evo.
When it comes to the "fun" factor, its a very multi dimensional thing for me... i mean the amg is FUN with all the torque and raw power u feel once the foot is planted and the esp is off on a slippery road..
the evo is like a precision tool... accurate, rewarding and downright makes u want to be a better driver...

get both if u can... u will never look anywhere else.

but if its only ONE u can get, get the AMG first.

-K
Old 06-08-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML500
Originally Posted by KamzAmg
to make it simple, i have both, the evo9 and the e55. Two different cars but the e55 is a BETTER daily driver than the evo.
When it comes to the "fun" factor, its a very multi dimensional thing for me... i mean the amg is FUN with all the torque and raw power u feel once the foot is planted and the esp is off on a slippery road..
the evo is like a precision tool... accurate, rewarding and downright makes u want to be a better driver...

get both if u can... u will never look anywhere else.

but if its only ONE u can get, get the AMG first.

-K
KamzAmg--thanks, just the input I was looking for. Upon further thought, an Evo X probably would get tiring as a DD, whereas the E would provide luxury after a long day. OK--I'm convinced!!