W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

stuttering in c mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007 | 08:45 AM

S211 AMG
stuttering in c mode

Hey there,

I'm having an issue which I hope someone here can help with. When taking off in 2nd (C mode) I get a stutter in the acceleration at around 1500 to 2000rpm. It doesn't happen if I accelerate hard and I don't notice it in S mode, but I think that has to with the rate of RPM change than anything else. I'm concerned that it may have to do with my 80mm t/b as I don't remember the problem before installation.

I have had it on the car for about 5 months now but right after installation I had similar problems except it was much more severe. It ended up throwing a CEL which resulted in the secondary air injection pump being replaced. I could run it back to the dealer but the problem is hard to replicate and if it is within the t/b or ECU then it'll not be covered under warranty.

I'll give Cory a call today to get some input as I have the K2 program runnng, but by all accounts there is little change in the K2 through K4 programs so I'm not sure how he can help.

this is getting me nuts...
Old 06-25-2007 | 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Fleebee
Hey there,

I'm having an issue which I hope someone here can help with. When taking off in 2nd (C mode) I get a stutter in the acceleration at around 1500 to 2000rpm. It doesn't happen if I accelerate hard and I don't notice it in S mode, but I think that has to with the rate of RPM change than anything else. I'm concerned that it may have to do with my 80mm t/b as I don't remember the problem before installation.

I have had it on the car for about 5 months now but right after installation I had similar problems except it was much more severe. It ended up throwing a CEL which resulted in the secondary air injection pump being replaced. I could run it back to the dealer but the problem is hard to replicate and if it is within the t/b or ECU then it'll not be covered under warranty.

I'll give Cory a call today to get some input as I have the K2 program runnng, but by all accounts there is little change in the K2 through K4 programs so I'm not sure how he can help.

this is getting me nuts...
don't get too worried about it... does it happen in s mode?

welcome to the world of tuning cars. No matter how good the tune or after market parts are, they is always a slight down side.

I have a simple pulley upgrade and I have more belt slippage than stock and the chirp is louder.