W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

I Hate to be a Noob but PLEASE help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007 | 01:07 PM

I Hate to be a Noob but PLEASE help!!

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums, in fact this is my first post. For the past few years I have been driving my 325i as a DD and my M3 vert as a weekend car.

I am now moving and will have less garage space and time to keep both of the cars clean and flawless the way I like. To make a long story short, I am searching for ONE car that can satisfy my need of a DD and will still be fast and fun to drive.

I have looked into the 997 Carerra S and BMW M5. I'm not too fond of the M6's styling. I recently found a 2005 E55 which fits the description of what I am looking for and I need your opinions.
Here's the huge link to see the car I am speaking of. I went to the dealership and have talked the price down to 62k.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ice=&cardist=8

Does this seem like a good deal? If so, what can I do that will make the car quicker/more responsive for a minimal amount of money? I would like to add simple mods like an exhaust, pulleys, ECU tune, etc. Keep in mind I have never owned a Mercedes Benz and I'm totally new to the tuners like Kleemann, Renntech, etc. I come from the world of Schnitzer and Vorsteiner

I would also drop it, add black HRE's, black grille, tinted windows/tails, etc.

What do you guys think? I need constructive criticizm!!

Thanks for reading this damn book I just wrote

TIA, John
Old 06-25-2007 | 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
The price is a bit to the high due to options (no keyless go, no parktronic, no vent seats, no rear sunshade) even though it's a CPO car.

FYI, I got 16K '05 designo ($6-7K options if I'm not mistaken) all options except distronic & rear sunshade almost 4 months ago for mid 50's. Not CPO, though.

As for mods, there will be mod junkies answering your questions. But AFAIK, pulley and ECU is the best bang for the buck. This car is prone to heat soak due to S/C... so I'd suggest you do cooling upgrades after pulley/ECU mod and before any other mods.

Good luck!
Old 06-25-2007 | 01:21 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
+1 on cooling mod! If nothing else do the cooling mod. In regards to Kleeman-vs-Renntech-vs-others......its all on personal preference and depth of pocket! Pulley, ECU, Headers and 80mmTB should do the trick with whomever U decide to go with. Good Luck & Welcome!
Old 06-25-2007 | 01:27 PM

2014 E63S
Love white E55's. The price is too high for the car though. It appears that the car is also missing the lighting package as well. Beautiful car but it is lightly optioned for the negotiated price.
Old 06-25-2007 | 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
+1 white is the way to go! i dont know about prices though. the only thing i know is when i like something and the price is worth it to me then i buy it. what other peoiple say a good price dosnt mean nuttin to me! if you like the car and are ok with the pricve then get it! good luck.
Old 06-25-2007 | 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
You gotta get one with the toys bro. You'll LOVE keyless go....parktronic a really really nice too!!

Lighting package is a MUST!! No idea why Benz would put non-Xenons in these cars.

I say keep looking. 55's are popping up all over the place now.
Old 06-25-2007 | 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Agree... E55 w/ the right options is hard to come by. So yes, if you like it and you personally feel the price is right, go ahead.

But just make sure you know what you get - e.g. this car is lightly optioned... Just to make sure you won't get disappointed after you've bought it.
Old 06-25-2007 | 04:04 PM

Thanks for all of your responses. As far as options goes, I don't mind having no rear sunshade since I would tint it dark, parktronic I can live without, and I've never had ventilated seats so I guess I wouldn't miss it much. Keyless go I have never had as well.

When you guys speak of the "lighting package", are you referring to xenon headlights? I couldn't imagine spending 60k+ on a car with no xenons....
Old 06-25-2007 | 04:06 PM

Also, if anyone knows of some good E55's for sale, point me in the right direction. The only thing that I really would be picky about is I want WHITE!!
Old 06-25-2007 | 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz
Thanks for all of your responses. As far as options goes, I don't mind having no rear sunshade since I would tint it dark, parktronic I can live without, and I've never had ventilated seats so I guess I wouldn't miss it much. Keyless go I have never had as well.

When you guys speak of the "lighting package", are you referring to xenon headlights? I couldn't imagine spending 60k+ on a car with no xenons....
Imagine it my friend... THese cars brand new are close to 90 and lighting package is still an option.... WHy dont you spend a little bit more and purchase Josh's car. Its totally kleemanized so modding and I think he is asking around what you are going to purchase your vehicle for....

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/198666-new-pics-share-k3.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/classifieds/197866-fs-2004-e55-k3-w-36k-mb-100k-warranty.html

Josh keeps his ride clean... its an amazing vehicle....

*EDIT* He's only asking 59k for it...so its cheaper than what your gonna pay.
Old 06-25-2007 | 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
Imagine it my friend... THese cars brand new are close to 90 and lighting package is still an option.... WHy dont you spend a little bit more and purchase Josh's car. Its totally kleemanized so modding and I think he is asking around what you are going to purchase your vehicle for....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198666
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=197866

Josh keeps his ride clean... its an amazing vehicle....

*EDIT* He's only asking 59k for it...so its cheaper than what your gonna pay.
I sent him a PM, thanks for pointing that out - I bet that thing's a monster!
Old 06-26-2007 | 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz
I sent him a PM, thanks for pointing that out - I bet that thing's a monster!
That things a SICk monster... And I know Josh put ALOT of love and care into the car.... I know him personally and he is a top notch guy to deal with... with no hidden surprises.... his car is pristine! For 59k that beast is a STEAL!