W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

I have a new E63 with 199 miles and it Needs trans Replaced

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2007 | 08:03 PM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by CLK500man
24 years old here...
I leased the CLS 63 as a 24 b-day present for myself.
I'm in healthcare.
Congrats on the b day present. My 26th bday present was my 06 e55 and then I couldnt help myself and about 12wks before my 27th bday I bought the sl.
Old 06-27-2007 | 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
Originally Posted by CLK500man
24 years old here...
I leased the CLS 63 as a 24 b-day present for myself.
I'm in healthcare.

um so you sell drugs..?
Old 06-28-2007 | 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
how did you get an e63 with an smg transmission.

oops...did i say that out loud...sorry.
Old 06-28-2007 | 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 E55
The 722.9 trans has some issues but they're beginning to get a lot better. With this new trans installed with all the latest updates you should be good to go.

Don't be so quick on the lemon law thing just yet. If the repair is done right it'll be just as good as new....actually, BETTER.
Old 06-28-2007 | 11:27 AM

2007 E63
MB has been very nice so far re my E6 With Bad Trans

Mercedes has been very nice so far re: my 199 mile new E63 with the defective trans. They hope to have it here by Friday June 29th and install it Mon and or Tuesday. MB Encino promises to do a very good job on it and If I'm unhappy with it they will do what it takes to make me happy . This worst is the C230 loan car and being without my new toy for over 2 weeks.
Old 06-28-2007 | 12:59 PM

E63 amg 2007
Originally Posted by RJC
26 years old and you bought a brand new E63 (abeit with a bum tranny) for your wife to drive, not bad. May I ask what you do for a living? BTW, the 7 speed has has problems since day one and some are easily rectified by the local dealer and others truly require complete replacement.
im 26 too and my daddy didnt buy my car.
Old 06-28-2007 | 01:01 PM

E63 amg 2007
Originally Posted by RJC
Ok I figured out what happened, I got you confused with leonenglewood as he posted just a few down from you saying he hoped his car was going to be OK thinking it was yours/the one in service... and he was born in 1981. Good for you leon 26 with an E63!
I too wish I were 26 again, not to mention with a brand new E63
well i never liked school. and i jumped in to jewelry at 18 years old and bin doing well for my self ever since
Old 06-28-2007 | 03:07 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by leonenglewood
well i never liked school. and i jumped in to jewelry at 18 years old and bin doing well for my self ever since
Good for you leon...when I was 26 I was doing rather well myself and also without anyones help
Old 06-28-2007 | 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
I wouldn't worry much about it. My E55 and it's bulletproof 5 speed needed a new valve body after 5000 miles. Slap a new one on and good to go.
Old 06-30-2007 | 04:38 AM

2007 E63
Unhappy How long should it take for a transmission to get from Germany to the Dealer in Calif

My new transmission was promised to be here Friday June 29th, never made it " FedEx said it is tied up in Customs" was the excuse given to me by the dealer who is to replace it. Does anyone know if this type of thing occurs ? How long should it take for the transmission get to California from the Factory ? I am sure MB must pay it's Customs duty or whatever. I would like to return the car at this point and start over. When my rear window broke on my 2004 Phaeton on a Thursday morning in California, VW got a rear window flown in to the dealer from Germany and installed on Monday!

Last edited by srslusso; 06-30-2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: additional comments
Old 06-30-2007 | 04:57 AM

'12 E350 Coupe (3rd Benz)
I turned 23 last month and I am buy a new one, I thought I was hot **** (no, no daddy for me =[ thought I don't hate those that are fortunate) I don't have a wife and I can only afford this for me, and I thought I was hot ****, LOL. I work with computers, I am a black hat.
Old 06-30-2007 | 09:58 AM

W221
Originally Posted by srslusso
My new transmission was promised to be here Friday June 29th, never made it " FedEx said it is tied up in Customs" was the excuse given to me by the dealer who is to replace it. Does anyone know if this type of thing occurs ? How long should it take for the transmission get to California from the Factory ? I am sure MB must pay it's Customs duty or whatever. I would like to return the car at this point and start over. When my rear window broke on my 2004 Phaeton on a Thursday morning in California, VW got a rear window flown in to the dealer from Germany and installed on Monday!
Sorry to hear about your situation, I can relate to the feeling of that frustration growing. I had parts flown for my car from Germany twice. First time it took 3-4 days if I remember correctly and just last week it took 2 days. Hang on there, you'll get your car back
Old 07-04-2007 | 05:43 PM

2007 E63
Smile MB replaced my transmission & I'm Happy with my E63

I just leased June 13th a new E63 and after 5 days of mostly gentle driving at a total of 199.0 miles June 18th the check engine light went on.MB towed it to MB Encino where first they replaced the transmission valve body,they tested it on June 25th and said it needs a new transmission
which they will replace under warrenty but it will be probably July 2? when I get it back.
Has anyone had a similar experience ?
I got this as a dependable daily driver for my wife and I to share and didn't want something that would be in the shop very often. What kind of experiences have you had ?:
Do you think the car will be as good as new with the new transmission?
I just got my E63 back after 2 weeks at MB Encino,Ca and it seems to be perfect ! John their Shop Foreman watched over it very closely and went with me on a 30 minute test drive where I tried everything including a few brief bursts on there regular streets and Mullholland Drive. He drive an AMG 55 car himself.
The problem turned out to be a defective transmission which they replace a defective ? valve body in first and then the entire trans. The car never had a functional 1st gear in S mode and ??? was happening in M mode. I babied it so while I thought it was slow compared to other E63's I had driven at dealers, I assumed it was due to having only 35 miles on it when I got it. I think the car is as solid as new and wish to thank everyone on this site for their advice.
I do think MB USA could have taken better care of me re the loan car situation and told them so !
One question remains IS anyones E63 equipped with tire pressure sensors that read out the pressure in each individual tire rather then just showing when one of the 4 tires are low ? Also; What tire pressures are you running in the stock Continentals for regular street driving ?
Old 07-06-2007 | 01:51 PM

E63 wagon
I'm glad to hear your situation worked out well. As far as tire pressure goes, I'm simply running the recommended pressures as noted on the fuel door.
Old 07-14-2007 | 03:20 PM

E63
Glad to hear it worked out ok in the end. That starting out in 2nd is normal for the S mode so long as you have not gone over 2800 rpm. It will then start out in 1st in S mode until the engine is turned off then upon restart it will start out in 2nd in S mode again until going over 2800rpm. I know it sounds strange but I knoticed it in ny CLK63 and questioned my service advisor at the first service and found out this is normal. Have a good one.
Old 07-14-2007 | 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just got my E63 back after 2 weeks at MB Encino,Ca and it seems to be perfect ! John their Shop Foreman watched over it very closely and went with me on a 30 minute test drive where I tried everything including a few brief bursts on there regular streets and Mullholland Drive. He drive an AMG 55 car himself.
The problem turned out to be a defective transmission which they replace a defective ? valve body in first and then the entire trans. The car never had a functional 1st gear in S mode and ??? was happening in M mode. I babied it so while I thought it was slow compared to other E63's I had driven at dealers, I assumed it was due to having only 35 miles on it when I got it. I think the car is as solid as new and wish to thank everyone on this site for their advice.
I do think MB USA could have taken better care of me re the loan car situation and told them so !
One question remains IS anyones E63 equipped with tire pressure sensors that read out the pressure in each individual tire rather then just showing when one of the 4 tires are low ? Also; What tire pressures are you running in the stock Continentals for regular street driving ?
Glad to hear everything turned out OK. Stick to that Encino dealership or Keyes on Van Nuys. Whatever you do, DONT go to MB of Beverly Hills. *******s.