W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel leak!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 63,E55 (gone) E46 ///M ,B5 stage 3 S4 ,E36 ///M , 03 EVO (800 WHP)
Fuel leak!

Ok well, i been smelling fuel for the past 2 days and seeing my tank dropping quicker than normal. So i stepped out of the car tonight when i parked it and smelled it again so i look by the back tire and see fuel on the floor, at this point i am so mad because today is fri and i cant get the car into the shop until mon. mind you this is the 2nd time this has happend to me and i had a feeling it was coming. Last time it was the same signs the check engin light is on then my fuel light flashs and a red display shows up saying gas cap something.
Has anyone else came across any of the same problems?
Old 07-21-2007, 10:27 AM

'03 E55
Originally Posted by eurowerx
Ok well, i been smelling fuel for the past 2 days and seeing my tank dropping quicker than normal. So i stepped out of the car tonight when i parked it and smelled it again so i look by the back tire and see fuel on the floor, at this point i am so mad because today is fri and i cant get the car into the shop until mon. mind you this is the 2nd time this has happend to me and i had a feeling it was coming. Last time it was the same signs the check engin light is on then my fuel light flashs and a red display shows up saying gas cap something.
Has anyone else came across any of the same problems?
If its wet or smells the strongest by the left rear wheel, then it's probably your fuel pump leaking at the fuel fitting. Has happened to me and several others with E55 and will have to be replaced.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:14 AM

E 63,E55 (gone) E46 ///M ,B5 stage 3 S4 ,E36 ///M , 03 EVO (800 WHP)
exactly what the prob is. a trong odor and leak by my rear pass tire and it had been replaced one before.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:55 AM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by eurowerx
exactly what the prob is. a trong odor and leak by my rear pass tire and it had been replaced one before.
That really sucks. Make sure you rip the appropriate person a new one for not doing a decent job the first time...

I can accept that some things break. I'm not as willing to accept things being poorly repaired.