W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only one seeing issues with the vendors / tuners in this industry?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by 03c4s
Bro, I believe it's time to kick it up to legal actions.

You know it bro. We have too much going on for me to have this open ****. I jsut don't have the time to chase Creative around anymore.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
That is what kind of blind sided me. I was so genuine in my loyalty to both Creative and RennTech. It ends up being a shame for everyone involved, including myself.
Thank goodness MB/AMG USA helped you out. Did MB USA document your case Jangy?
Old 07-30-2007, 12:14 AM

W211 E55AMG
funny that creative autowerks is not anymore even listing anykind of mechanical mods. only suspension, brakes etc

Good luck J
Old 07-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Thank goodness MB/AMG USA helped you out. Did MB USA document your case Jangy?
They didn't help me out and I'm not sure exactly what they did. I left the car at Creative and I know some warranty work was done, but I do not know of all the details. I stay out of that side. The case is well documented.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:14 AM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
Originally Posted by Finnish C32
funny that creative autowerks is not anymore even listing anykind of mechanical mods. only suspension, brakes etc

Good luck J

Take a look at their showing on MTV's Trick it out, "It is what it is" which is not much.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
R, I'm so glad you didn't listen to me and start RennTech mods at Creative. Way to let that road get paved. Unfortunately, I did drag a few other friends into this mess and I am sorry for that.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Approaching 500 reads. Hopefully someone else can learn from my impulses.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
R, I'm so glad you didn't listen to me and start RennTech mods at Creative. Way to let that road get paved. Unfortunately, I did drag a few other friends into this mess and I am sorry for that.
Jangy,

The only positive from this debacle is that you and your other friends are safe. And that's what it matters and really, the installation of the product and the quality of the product are out of your control.

Last edited by AdamG@NorCal; 07-30-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Jangy,

The only positive from this debacle is that you and your other friends are safe. And that's what it matters and really, the installation of the product and the quality of the product are out of your control.

Considering what could have happenned, I am glad to not have had a projectile come flying from my hood. That is why i was so calm when it happenned. I knew just how bad it could have been.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Considering what could have happenned, I am glad to not have had a projectile come flying from my hood. That is why i was so calm when it happenned. I knew just how bad it could have been.
Yeah, could have been disastrous.

Anyways, I wish you the best on your legal proceedings.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:09 AM

SL65 AMG
Thanks for the moral support. I think I just expected that extra attention you give your clients and was surprised when it never came. I don't see any resolution in the near future, but I guess near becomes a relevent term after a year.
I think most tuners are the same when something goes wrong. They all seem as if they will be there but in the end they cut and run. Good luck with this Jangy and keep me posted.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Holy cow, I forgot all about this post. Here's what I'm getting from my little poll here. I don't see that many people that have gotten the shaft. I expected many horror stories that would make my dilema seem to be the norm, but it isn't. I've had people contact me regarding all three big tuners and although crap does happen, in the end they were all taken care of.

Anyhoo, I do have an update. I finally got fed up and contacted BOTH Creative and RennTech. As I had said before, all of my contact had been with Creative only and I assumed RennTech was getting updated (or not). It turns out that they knew what was up. RennTech replied saying that they thought we (Creative and I) had a good faith agreement, which we do. My frustration had not been in the agreement, but in the lag in action. So, I was going to call BS and went to Creative, rather than sending another email. As it turns out, there is a brand new pulley there with my name on it and a refund check that was dated back in May. I asked why I wasn't told and James pulled up an old email from about a week after we had initially made the agreement that simply said get your baseline dyno done. By that, I guess he meant that we were set to go. I took it to mean nothing, since I expected to see a check and a pulley. All in all, I have to take a little (maybe more) responsibility for not following up. I guess I was thinking that we were still fighting and so I did not go in to get a baseline, since I thought we had issues. Creative thought it was over and had started focussing on the MTV shoot and everyday clients.

So, now the ball is back in my court. I am to get a baseline done and we will begin the modification of the BEAST!! I want to end up with the fastest road course E55 out there, so I have lots of modding to do. Getting this stage one done is the start.

I plan to document the story of the beast being built, including dynos on power mods and datalogging on other stuff. This should be a fun project for everyone to give input on. I'm not going as nuts as my Aussie buddy, Finny; but I do wanna try it out.

I am going to let this thread die. I'll answer questions, etc here. on the situation. But, I want to start a new thread on the project itself. For me, the most interesting will be the suspension components. The power will be easy; I'll go stage 5 and probably no Nitrous. The suspension and any weight savings I can get will be the deal breakers.

Plan on some Willow days so we can start the comparisons. I'd love to see some of the E63s (especially modded ones) come out so we can do some real life comparisons.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 PM

06 E55 SOLD, 89 300 SE 375,000 miles
Holy cow, I forgot all about this post. Here's what I'm getting from my little poll here. I don't see that many people that have gotten the shaft. I expected many horror stories that would make my dilema seem to be the norm, but it isn't. I've had people contact me regarding all three big tuners and although crap does happen, in the end they were all taken care of.

Anyhoo, I do have an update. I finally got fed up and contacted BOTH Creative and RennTech. As I had said before, all of my contact had been with Creative only and I assumed RennTech was getting updated (or not). It turns out that they knew what was up. RennTech replied saying that they thought we (Creative and I) had a good faith agreement, which we do. My frustration had not been in the agreement, but in the lag in action. So, I was going to call BS and went to Creative, rather than sending another email. As it turns out, there is a brand new pulley there with my name on it and a refund check that was dated back in May. I asked why I wasn't told and James pulled up an old email from about a week after we had initially made the agreement that simply said get your baseline dyno done. By that, I guess he meant that we were set to go. I took it to mean nothing, since I expected to see a check and a pulley. All in all, I have to take a little (maybe more) responsibility for not following up. I guess I was thinking that we were still fighting and so I did not go in to get a baseline, since I thought we had issues. Creative thought it was over and had started focussing on the MTV shoot and everyday clients.

So, now the ball is back in my court. I am to get a baseline done and we will begin the modification of the BEAST!! I want to end up with the fastest road course E55 out there, so I have lots of modding to do. Getting this stage one done is the start.

I plan to document the story of the beast being built, including dynos on power mods and datalogging on other stuff. This should be a fun project for everyone to give input on. I'm not going as nuts as my Aussie buddy, Finny; but I do wanna try it out.

I am going to let this thread die. I'll answer questions, etc here. on the situation. But, I want to start a new thread on the project itself. For me, the most interesting will be the suspension components. The power will be easy; I'll go stage 5 and probably no Nitrous. The suspension and any weight savings I can get will be the deal breakers.

Plan on some Willow days so we can start the comparisons. I'd love to see some of the E63s (especially modded ones) come out so we can do some real life comparisons.
Hey Bro,

I am so happy for you. I know at times we do get wrapped up in the moment. so a bit of miscommunication is really all it was. Glad its over.

LET THE MODDING BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:29 PM

SL65 AMG
Glad to hear you tuner stepped up Jangy and good luck!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
heh heh

tsk tsk Jangy!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by mbamg06e55
Hey Bro,

I am so happy for you. I know at times we do get wrapped up in the moment. so a bit of miscommunication is really all it was. Glad its over.

LET THE MODDING BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and I are similar and yes, I do get pretty intense with things. I gotta learn to mellow out a bit and quick making assumptions.

Yup, mod on!! I'm pretty happy just to not have the issue hanging over me. getting to move on and trick the car out is a much needed bonus!!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
Glad to hear, LET THE MODDING BEGIN !!! GO JANGY !!!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Thanks to everyone for all of the moral support and thanks to Creative and RennTech for the patience and help. I'm sure my car will become a mutt of sorts, since I will be mixing and matching certain parts. I basically want EVERYTHING replaced. Definitely should make for a fun project.

I will start a new thread in a few days when I have the baseline dyno and maybe post-pulley dyno done. From there, we will go through all the stages and see where the best bang for the buck is. Who knows, I may be the first '06 E55 (built in '06) to actually show gains from an ECU tune??
Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Who knows, I may be the first '06 E55 (built in '06) to actually show gains from an ECU tune??
probably not the first, I have an 06 built in 06
Old 08-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by psk145
probably not the first, I have an 06 built in 06

Have you been able to SHOW gains from the ECU mod? I have never seen a dyno of pre and post ECU tune alone. NOBODY has been able to show it to me yet. If you took dynos between the pulley and ecu and then after the ecu, please post them as I am curious as can be on what the gains are.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I guess nothing documented.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
You already have a base dyno done.Remember dyno day over in Santee?

Good too see you have things straightened out so far.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Jrocket
You already have a base dyno done.Remember dyno day over in Santee?

Good too see you have things straightened out so far.

Yeah, I suppose I could use that as a baseline. We were thinking of getting a more recent one, but actually that was a pretty clean run.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:04 PM

06 E55 SOLD, 89 300 SE 375,000 miles

Um Bro....you had better look in your mirror, because your going to see my beast coming up awfully fast. You "may want" the fastest E55 on a road course, but I do "HAVE" the fastest.

Let the competition begin
Old 08-02-2007, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
are you looking for 2006 before/after ecu mods? I had before/after ecu dynos done with my 2005 after the MB recall flash....

Have you been able to SHOW gains from the ECU mod? I have never seen a dyno of pre and post ECU tune alone. NOBODY has been able to show it to me yet. If you took dynos between the pulley and ecu and then after the ecu, please post them as I am curious as can be on what the gains are.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one seeing issues with the vendors / tuners in this industry?