Sponsored by:

Fuel Smell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 E55 AMG
Unhappy Fuel Smell

I have an '03 E55 AMG with 48000 miles. Off late I am getting some fuel smells from the car. Initially I used to get it outside of the car after the car stopped. For the last 2 days I am getting this smell inside of the car when getting in the car or the car has been parked for a long time. If I keep the windows open and the smell goes off and does not come back.

I went to the mechanic and hoisted the car and got everything checked even keeping the engine running while doing the checks. They didn't see to find anything.

Any ideas on what can this be?

Regards,
Walter
Old 08-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen E55's come in with the same complaint. I can almost assure you its the seals around the pumps. Under the back seat, that could be the cause of the fuel odor in the car. I just replaced seals in an E320 yesterday, with a similar complaint. When I got the seat out, the cap for the pump was only hand tight. This could also be the cause of your problem, if someone else has been in there. If not, you could just rule that possibilty out. Let us know how it turns out.