W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone DYNOED their BEAST with VRP WRAP KIT ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Has anyone DYNOED their BEAST with VRP WRAP KIT ???

Anyone

Does it MAKE or LOOSE any POWER ???

I installed everything with TB, so I cant judge much...

I want to be 100% sure that it does NOT loose any POWER...

Dyno Machine where I dynoed my car before is actually broken...so I cant test my self but very curious...

It been a long time since more then 20 people bought that kit and not many reviews or dynotests...

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 08-25-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 SL55
Mine is installed. My seat-of-the-pants sense is that its running stronger but that can be misleading, of course. I went to the track immediately afterwards but the intercooler pump failed on me and my 1/4 mile time went from 12.59 seconds to 13.29 and trap speed fell from 111 MPH to something around 100 MPH. The pump has since been replaced but my availability and the weather have been at odds. If the current weather forecast holds up I should be able to get in a run next Friday, 31-Aug.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Yeah...but did you have ASP pullies also installed at the same time ???

Someone please dyno your car with this kit
Old 08-26-2007, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
i'm new to this site, but it's unfortunately becoming apparent that dyno numbers are difficult to come by. The old butt-o-meter seems to be the favored method .
Old 08-26-2007, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Bay Area User
i'm new to this site, but it's unfortunately becoming apparent that dyno numbers are difficult to come by. The old butt-o-meter seems to be the favored method .
Even dyno runs are all over the place,it would be nice to see more runs done on the dynojets,instead of all these others machines out there.

East coast,West coast numners...then you have drag time slips.Those are even more scattered.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:28 PM

04 E55
I dyno'd mine, but had other issues, so the results are not very useful. What I CAN tell you all is that before the belt wrap kit, I was making 13-14psi with a slight drop to 12psi around the last 1000rpm. After the belt wrap kit, the boost holds steady at 13-14psi all the way to the shift.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
You have ASP pullies ???

Vadim said there constant 15ibs boost with ASP...
Old 08-26-2007, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Can someone with a perfect running car with the Belt wrap tell us what his or her car dynoed please?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by GTA23109a
I dyno'd mine, but had other issues, so the results are not very useful. What I CAN tell you all is that before the belt wrap kit, I was making 13-14psi with a slight drop to 12psi around the last 1000rpm. After the belt wrap kit, the boost holds steady at 13-14psi all the way to the shift.
Well guys, I got my car dyno'd last night, but the results aren't exactly what everyone has been looking and waiting for. For some reason, I LOST about 30rwhp with only the VRP belt wrap kit. My A/F ratios went even farther off the rich side of the scale than they were before.

At this point, it appears that my car has some other, pre-existing issues that are causing this condition, so there's no way that these results can be taken as a true representation of the parts I've installed. We are still running the Renntech tuning that was designed for headers and pulley, even though we have FAR eclipsed those mods. We're going to start from scratch and troubleshoot the car starting with the basics like a leakdown test, basic tuneup and sensor checks. At the same time, I'm desperately trying to find a source to write a custom tune for the car to see if we can cure some of these issues.

I'm sorry I couldn't report some great success, but it appears my car is determined not to cooperate. I'm sure once I get my issues sorted out, I'll be able to report back with much better news. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Did you redyno your car and gain hp or did you lose 30hp, but your boost held steady at 13-14psi all the way to the shift. I am confused. If you did redyno your car, what happened?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Common guys some must DYNO their car with just extreme wrap kit added
Old 08-27-2007, 09:19 PM

E 211
Wink

They are working on it.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:15 PM

04 E55
Guys, if you read what I've posted regarding the VRP belt wrap kit, you'll see all the info you need. My car ended up losing HP, but it's nothing to do with the belt wrap kit. My car is suffering from an extremely rich fuel curve condition that we are struggling to cure. The reason my car makes "only" 13-14psi with the ASP pulley is due to the plethora of other airflow mods that my car has done to it, including port-matched blower inlet and outlets and intake manifold, SLR camshafts as well as a few other items. I posted the before and after boost numbers for my car as reference for those wondering if the kit "works" or not. Based on my boost numbers, I would have to conclude that YES, the VRP belt wrap kit works as designed.

For those of you who seem frustrated that no one with a "perfectly running car" can seem to get off their lazy **** and get you all some free data, I'd like to extend an open offer for any of YOU to step up to the plate with the magic mystery solution to my tuning problems or just go buy the parts and do your own damn R&D instead of criticising those of us out here actually taking new and inventive steps with these cars. If it's so damn easy, then just handle it yourself instead of waisting any more of your valuable time on us losers who can't seem to get you what you need in a timely manner. My sincerest apologies for not being able to produce cookie-cutter, OEM-like data at the drop of a hat.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Guys, if you read what I've posted regarding the VRP belt wrap kit, you'll see all the info you need. My car ended up losing HP, but it's nothing to do with the belt wrap kit. My car is suffering from an extremely rich fuel curve condition that we are struggling to cure. The reason my car makes "only" 13-14psi with the ASP pulley is due to the plethora of other airflow mods that my car has done to it, including port-matched blower inlet and outlets and intake manifold, SLR camshafts as well as a few other items. I posted the before and after boost numbers for my car as reference for those wondering if the kit "works" or not. Based on my boost numbers, I would have to conclude that YES, the VRP belt wrap kit works as designed.

For those of you who seem frustrated that no one with a "perfectly running car" can seem to get off their lazy **** and get you all some free data, I'd like to extend an open offer for any of YOU to step up to the plate with the magic mystery solution to my tuning problems or just go buy the parts and do your own damn R&D instead of criticising those of us out here actually taking new and inventive steps with these cars. If it's so damn easy, then just handle it yourself instead of waisting any more of your valuable time on us losers who can't seem to get you what you need in a timely manner. My sincerest apologies for not being able to produce cookie-cutter, OEM-like data at the drop of a hat.
no disrespect intended, but i've followed all of your posts and i still don't have all the info i need. i bought the kit because i was hoping it would cure the rich situation in the upper rpms but you're data seems to suggest otherwise which leaves me with even MORE questions than i had before. i would NEVER consider people asking for data as criticizing victor's product or the people that bought it. knowledge is invaluable and i applaud everyone here that is asking for more information. it's just unfortunate that at this time it's too early and the information simply isn't available.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K

Sorry to hear about your problems...You definately frustrated with your car seekness...May you need to put everything back to stock or at least port-matched blower injets, outjets, intakes etc... and this will cure you PROBLEMS