Rear window panel + tint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 Audi S4,'04 E55 AMG,'05 Audi A4
Rear window panel + tint

My car had been tinted by the previous owner, and before it ended up at the dealership - the tint was removed, however it appears that they tinted all the way back into the "nook" of the little quarter panel window in the rears. Of course, when they ripped the tint off, they didn't get all of this out - so it looks like crap. I just took the car to get tinted, and they couldn't get it out with any of their tools, but told me it should be pretty easy to get off the glass by having those quarter panel windows popped out by an auto-glass company. Has anyone ever DIY'd this? I have tried pulling some of the door panel off, but can not get behind where this tint is stuck.

What type of cost should be associated with popping those two pieces of glass long enough for me to scrape off the tint on the corner of the glass? Do i need to order any pieces for this to be done?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by zapco98; 08-29-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Hmmm, I know the tint guys can easily slip the new tint back there, but didn't think of removal. I'd try to get it out with some tool, rather than taking it apart. Last resort, take it apart.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 Audi S4,'04 E55 AMG,'05 Audi A4
Well, I figure taking the window panel out for a window shop would be pretty trivial. The other option I guess is to find some black vinyl, and cut it out to cover that corner up and put it on the outside of the window. Kind of ghettoish, but it would get rid of that grey plastic look...

Originally Posted by jangy
Hmmm, I know the tint guys can easily slip the new tint back there, but didn't think of removal. I'd try to get it out with some tool, rather than taking it apart. Last resort, take it apart.