Sponsored by:

PROcede engine control computer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63,,,not any more,,,BMW X5 50i
PROcede engine control computer

Just received my copy of R&D and on page 23 was an article about a company in Danville CA. call Vishnu. They have developed, I think a clever device that plugs into the cars factory ECU harness, receives the signal from the main computer and adjusts the parameters for increased power. You don't need to reflash the ECU or anything like that. Too bad they only have them for certain BMW's, Subes, and Mitsu! I wonder if some of you Calif. guys might go out and see this guy( if he is close by) and see if he could do somehthing for our vehicles (especially the '63's).

Hey, I know nothing about the system, or the company, but from what I have read, it sounds really cool, and something totally different...!!

Maybe Vadim might have some pull with the guy, or might even know him...........!!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt
Just received my copy of R&D and on page 23 was an article about a company in Danville CA. call Vishnu. They have developed, I think a clever device that plugs into the cars factory ECU harness, receives the signal from the main computer and adjusts the parameters for increased power. You don't need to reflash the ECU or anything like that. Too bad they only have them for certain BMW's, Subes, and Mitsu! I wonder if some of you Calif. guys might go out and see this guy( if he is close by) and see if he could do somehthing for our vehicles (especially the '63's).

Hey, I know nothing about the system, or the company, but from what I have read, it sounds really cool, and something totally different...!!

Maybe Vadim might have some pull with the guy, or might even know him...........!!
Vishnu did not develop the procede or Xede piggyback they just used a product developed by someone else and through his skill tuned it for different FI cars.

The Xede was developed and made in Australia by a company called chip-torque, while the Procede started live as a Haltech Interceptor developed and made by Haltech also in Australia.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by rflow306
Vishnu did not develop the procede or Xede piggyback they just used a product developed by someone else and through his skill tuned it for different FI cars.

The Xede was developed and made in Australia by a company called chip-torque, while the Procede started live as a Haltech Interceptor developed and made by Haltech also in Australia.

Very true.

Vishnu might or might not be a good tuner,but his arrogance is annoying.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jrocket
Very true.

Vishnu might or might not be a good tuner,but his arrogance is annoying.

Obviously you guys know the tuner.............
Old 09-02-2007, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Obviously you guys know the tuner.............

Not personally,but he is a known tuner in certain groups.He's gaining ground with the BMW guys now cause of the 3 series turbo motors.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jrocket
Not personally,but he is a known tuner in certain groups.He's gaining ground with the BMW guys now cause of the 3 series turbo motors.
OK, got it......just looking at what he has done for the BMW engine, maybe that same "magic" could be applied to our vehicles. I guess what got me so interested is that he does it with a separate unit instead of reflashing the current ECU. I see more potential with that type of system instead of reflashing the current ECU. You can take it out and still have your original ECU if the other one need to be updated or repaired. Maybe I don't understand everything about it, and there is more to it than that. Seems like you have a handle on this tuner and know his capabilities.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
OK, got it......just looking at what he has done for the BMW engine, maybe that same "magic" could be applied to our vehicles. I guess what got me so interested is that he does it with a separate unit instead of reflashing the current ECU. I see more potential with that type of system instead of reflashing the current ECU. You can take it out and still have your original ECU if the other one need to be updated or repaired. Maybe I don't understand everything about it, and there is more to it than that. Seems like you have a handle on this tuner and know his capabilities.
piggyback systems have been used for years, long before vishnu got into the game. there are advantages, as you've mentioned, but there are also disadvantages. typically the amount of adjustability is no where near as comprehensive as reflashing the ecu.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by chiromikey
piggyback systems have been used for years, long before vishnu got into the game. there are advantages, as you've mentioned, but there are also disadvantages. typically the amount of adjustability is no where near as comprehensive as reflashing the ecu.
Mikey:....Thanks....just learned something because I thought that the adjustments that were made by the piggyback system varried accoding to the inputs that the ECU gave it...so to me that mean limitles possibilities......thanks for explaining!!
Old 09-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Yes, I do. I met him at SEMA, a number of years ago.

I have followed his development of 335i, although interesting, I do not like piggy backs. There are many reasons, when I have time I will go over them.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rflow306

Wait but Shiv requested they make a few interface and firmware changes for him. Isn't that the same as designing and manufacturing the unit yourself?

I wish Haltech would hurry up with the firmware and interface programming so we could see some independent V2 dynos.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:31 PM

Saab 9000 Aero
Geez, Terry, is this U? I just can't believe my eyes, LOL.

How have U been, buddy? Workin on a JB for MB? And not bashing Vishnu? I just cant believe my eyes

But what a pleasant change!

Anyway, just FYI - Vishnu as a tuning company is well known among the Subaru and Mitsu Evo comunity. After releasing the BMW 335i they aproached also to bimmer communities first with Xede, than with Procede (recently also Porsche and Lambo). It is really based on Haltech Interceptor with Vishnu's own firmware and software/maps on it. It has shown fantastic gains on the 335i's I6 biturbo, the expected gains for the recently being released Procede V2 are cca 80WHP/100lbf (to be confirmed within a few days). Anyway, based on their experiences with cars with N/A engines (like the lambo) the gains are not so radical there.

The other part of the topic - piggyback vs. reflash - both of them have their advantages and disadvantages. The most important thing to realise is that both of them are capable to reach their goal, so IMO it's useless to flame one or the other. Both of them work, so what's the point?

Cheers to U, Mercedes guys
Old 09-11-2007, 08:41 PM
SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by judec
Geez, Terry, is this U? I just can't believe my eyes, LOL.

How have U been, buddy? Workin on a JB for MB? And not bashing Vishnu? I just cant believe my eyes

But what a pleasant change!
Just hanging out, I'd love to come out with a JB for the MB.

No issues with Vishnu, it's a neat product and I'm excited to see someone pushing the boundaries of the N54 like he is with his V2.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
this thread is at the bimmer forums too..

I'm still thinking of down grading to a 335 coupe, since it will be lower payment (lease) vs buying my E55 and tons of potential. Down grade is only in terms of M or AMG status.. but the car is one of the best looking coupes, only trails the S5 in interior and exterior detail.

I'm waiting a few more months to see how the peformance numbers look on the Procede v2 with some DP's an mild exhaust tunes vs the stock E90 M3.

or I'll wait to lease a C63. This car is detuned by AMG to 450hp, should be no problem getting it back to 500+ hp.