W212 Delivery & E55, E63 Purchase ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not yet determined
W212 Delivery & E55, E63 Purchase ?

Hello all,

I am new here and haven't updated my profile or anything but I am going from a Range Rover Sport Supercharged Limited Edition to a non-SUV and I have a couple of questions.

I did a couple of searches and couldn't figure out difinitively when the E class will likley change body styles. It sounds like it will be the W212 and Wikipedia said 2010 model year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W212 I just don't want to make a purchase and then have the body style change 6 months later. Can someone confirm when the E class will likely change body styles as I read here it could be model year 2009?

I just started my research and have always loved the W211 body style. I am however considering other vehicles like the M5? Has anyone else done comparisons of the say the M5 vs the E55/63? Should I do my due diligence with any other vehicles? What made you go with the E class after the comparisons? What are the diffences between the E55 vs the E63 and should I buy one over the other? I had heard early on in the life of the E63 that some owners preferred the Supercharger vs normally aspirated. Lastly, I like owning limited production vehicles, does the E55 or E63 have limited production models, if so, what is the naming convention used to identify them?

Anyway thanks for the help and hopefully I will be seeing much more of this forum.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Originally Posted by RayRay'sBenz
Hello all,

I am new here and haven't updated my profile or anything but I am going from a Range Rover Sport Supercharged Limited Edition to a non-SUV and I have a couple of questions.

I did a couple of searches and couldn't figure out difinitively when the E class will likley change body styles. It sounds like it will be the W212 and Wikipedia said 2010 model year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W212 I just don't want to make a purchase and then have the body style change 6 months later. Can someone confirm when the E class will likely change body styles as I read here it could be model year 2009?

I just started my research and have always loved the W211 body style. I am however considering other vehicles like the M5? Has anyone else done comparisons of the say the M5 vs the E55/63? Should I do my due diligence with any other vehicles? What made you go with the E class after the comparisons? What are the diffences between the E55 vs the E63 and should I buy one over the other? I had heard early on in the life of the E63 that some owners preferred the Supercharger vs normally aspirated. Lastly, I like owning limited production vehicles, does the E55 or E63 have limited production models, if so, what is the naming convention used to identify them?

Anyway thanks for the help and hopefully I will be seeing much more of this forum.
The E class is scheduled to change some time in 2009 as a 2010 model. The AMG series (now all 63 models, except for SLK and SL) is limited production and in a MBZ enthusiasts dream. 55 owners who now own 63's have said you lose a little low end torque, but the 63 makes up for it on the top end. You'll also get the maximum amount of performance from a MB AMG model. Hope this helps a little.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 AM

Not yet determined
Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
The E class is scheduled to change some time in 2009 as a 2010 model. The AMG series (now all 63 models, except for SLK and SL) is limited production and in a MBZ enthusiasts dream. 55 owners who now own 63's have said you lose a little low end torque, but the 63 makes up for it on the top end. You'll also get the maximum amount of performance from a MB AMG model. Hope this helps a little.
Thanks I appreciate the info and yes it helps. I will likely post another thread on the E63 vs M5 Topic
Old 09-18-2007, 12:56 AM

AMG E Class
i'm not sure if this helps: http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...z-e63-amg.html
Old 09-18-2007, 01:34 AM

Not yet determined
Originally Posted by STmaven
Thanks. That helped a bunch.