W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To much lag what's wrong with my baby?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy To much lag what's wrong with my baby?

Hi every body,
I am experiencing severe lag when I try to accelerate hard, even when I've just started the car.Why?What is wrong? please help me!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:36 AM

E55
Originally Posted by wicked55
Hi every body,
I am experiencing severe lag when I try to accelerate hard, even when I've just started the car.Why?What is wrong? please help me!
When you said lag, it is because of some lack of power or because of adaptive learning so it takes a while for it to go WOT, down shift, and down shift to the lowest gears.

One of the main "problem" for our car is that it is too smart and will adapt to the way you drive. So if you have been driving normal and slowly for a while, the car will shift and drive less aggressively. I used to do burst of WOT before I go all out so I can "wake" the car up to reduce the lag. Also, a lot of people like to do the "sneaky reset" to erase the adaptive learning. Finally while you are in S mode (or M) you can down-shift to the lowest gear and start that way, it should reduce the lag. If there is stilll a lag or a lack of power then you may need to address that separately.

Another thing that can help is the Sprintbooster. This will eliminate the mild lag that you feel in the day to day driving. But I also experience that it doesn't quite downshift to the lowest gear at the first WOT run if I have been driving really slowly.

Last edited by tigerlam92; 09-19-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 PM

No I know what you mean it's not that its deferent, it's like the car is sick. lag takes too long as if it is waiting for something) maybe there's something wrong with the fuel pump, I should just have it checked out, but thanks for the reply!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:22 AM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
I just did the sneaky reset this morning and boy was the car much better!
I can finally cut around cars during morning traffic!