W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!!!!!!battery service warning light!!!!!!!!!!??

Old 09-28-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
2105 S63 Full Carbon - 2018 GTR
!!!!!!battery service warning light!!!!!!!!!!??

need some advice guys- left the lights on over night and the battery went completely dead! I jumped it with another car and it turned on right away. it gave me to malfunction codes. ESP and a red Battery signal. That night after work, I put the trickle charger on it over night and the reading on the charger was at 100% in the a.m. the ESP warning went away but the damn red battery message is still on- message says "visit workshop". The stealer says to bring it by as it may need a new battery or something is wrong with the charging system. I have had no problems so far and just want the warning dummy light gone. is there any code that will accomplish this?? am I underestimating this warning lamp? TIA for the input

Last edited by BigApe; 09-29-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:33 PM

any input guys?
Old 09-29-2007, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of them!
Go to Sears and buy you a battery charger like this one if you don't already posess such an item. Open the trunk and lift up the carpet, pop the well cover out and expose your battery. Connect the charger and hang the power cord out. Plug the charger in and charge for twelve hours.
Whenb you start the car, turm the steering whell a couple times from lock to lock.
Hopefully all will be fine in your world then.
Rich
Old 09-30-2007, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by BigApe
need some advice guys- left the lights on over night and the battery went completely dead! I jumped it with another car and it turned on right away. it gave me to malfunction codes. ESP and a red Battery signal. That night after work, I put the trickle charger on it over night and the reading on the charger was at 100% in the a.m. the ESP warning went away but the damn red battery message is still on- message says "visit workshop". The stealer says to bring it by as it may need a new battery or something is wrong with the charging system. I have had no problems so far and just want the warning dummy light gone. is there any code that will accomplish this?? am I underestimating this warning lamp? TIA for the input
Ape, almost all electrical problems are related to low voltage and subsequent over heating of electrical components. Once a battery has gone dead they never really come back to their full potential. I would replace the battery and have the dealer check that the charge circuit software is current (3 updates on 03s).
BTW check the SBC little battery too.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Ape, almost all electrical problems are related to low voltage and subsequent over heating of electrical components. Once a battery has gone dead they never really come back to their full potential. I would replace the battery and have the dealer check that the charge circuit software is current (3 updates on 03s).
BTW check the SBC little battery too.
Thanks YM! good advice as always
Old 10-01-2007, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Are you positively sure you left the lights on,and thats why the battery was dead? These cars have been know to have the SAM's stick on and drain the batteries as well.

There was a battery recall for some of the 55's not sure if yours is one of them or if Im completely right on this or not.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jrocket
Are you positively sure you left the lights on,and thats why the battery was dead? These cars have been know to have the SAM's stick on and drain the batteries as well.

There was a battery recall for some of the 55's not sure if yours is one of them or if Im completely right on this or not.

yeah- opened the door and noticed right away that the headlamp switch was turned all the way to the right. BTW- what is the SAM?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by BigApe
yeah- opened the door and noticed right away that the headlamp switch was turned all the way to the right. BTW- what is the SAM?
Signal Acquisition Modules They have been know to short out or stick and drain the battery.