STAR diagnose in the SF/Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63 2001 996 GT3 1999 355 F1 Spider
STAR diagnose in the SF/Bay Area?

Hi folks,

I just got an E63 a few weeks ago. Got it through an MB dealer as a CPO. Had only 1,700 miles on it. Silver/black with pano. Looks great. I'll post pictures as I progress through the below projects:

A couple of things I'm looking to do in the near term:
  • Power fold-in mirrors
  • Replace the E63 front bumper with a euro bumper to remove the sidemarkers
  • Lower the ride height (after riding really low cars, like the GT3, I feel like I'm in a boat with the E63)
  • Flat-badge (don't want the kids ripping off the star emblem and gouging the hood)

If I'm not mistaken, all of the above requires the STAR diagnose program (enable the auto-folding mirrors, turn off the sidemarker bulbs and lower the ride height).

Does anyone know of any dealer/person in the SF/Bay Area who can connect up the STAR diagnose system to the car to help with the above? Hopefully someone who's not going to try to void my warranty.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by kyopo
Hi folks,

I just got an E63 a few weeks ago. Got it through an MB dealer as a CPO. Had only 1,700 miles on it. Silver/black with pano. Looks great. I'll post pictures as I progress through the below projects:

A couple of things I'm looking to do in the near term:
  • Power fold-in mirrors
  • Replace the E63 front bumper with a euro bumper to remove the sidemarkers
  • Lower the ride height (after riding really low cars, like the GT3, I feel like I'm in a boat with the E63)
  • Flat-badge (don't want the kids ripping off the star emblem and gouging the hood)

If I'm not mistaken, all of the above requires the STAR diagnose program (enable the auto-folding mirrors, turn off the sidemarker bulbs and lower the ride height).

Does anyone know of any dealer/person in the SF/Bay Area who can connect up the STAR diagnose system to the car to help with the above? Hopefully someone who's not going to try to void my warranty.

Any help would be appreciated.
Please give me a call on Monday.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:15 AM

05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
I can hook you you in San francisco.... PM me....
Old 10-15-2007, 06:32 PM

2007 cls 63 030
Too bad you missed Sunil, he was here about two weeks ago on vacation and got me side folding mirrors and reprogrammed some goodies on my instrument panel with his star diagnose. He said he would be coming back some time soon so keep an eye out if he posts saying he will be in the Bay Area. Otherwise, I am sure Adam can find someone to take car of you in the mean time.