A fond farewell to an old friend

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
A fond farewell to an old friend

Today I sold my E55 which has been with me for 2 years; the longest period of time I have ever kept any vehicle. It was without a doubt the finest automobile I have ever have the priviledge of owning. When I got my other car I did not think I would ever get rid of the E55 and I told the salesman you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers. It looks like I was off a little on that statement. Not because the car did not live up to expectations, but becase my taste had shifted to something more sporty and involving to drive. Though I knew my taste had shifted not long after acquiring the SLK I held onto the E for 8 more months because I did not want to part with it. I felt bad letting it sit in the garage not being driven and finally decided it needed a new home. Today it has found a new home with a car enthusiast who I know will take care of it as well as I did. He has already asked about mods and I pointed him here to this forum. I told him bring a healthy budget because all you guys are nuts in here.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra/E55
Sad to see her go

I'm sure you will find another awesome vehicle in the near future, if you haven't already.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB, BMW
cool - so what are you getting next??
Old 10-18-2007, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
Today I sold my E55 which has been with me for 2 years; the longest period of time I have ever kept any vehicle. It was without a doubt the finest automobile I have ever have the priviledge of owning. When I got my other car I did not think I would ever get rid of the E55 and I told the salesman you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers. It looks like I was off a little on that statement. Not because the car did not live up to expectations, but becase my taste had shifted to something more sporty and involving to drive. Though I knew my taste had shifted not long after acquiring the SLK I held onto the E for 8 more months because I did not want to part with it. I felt bad letting it sit in the garage not being driven and finally decided it needed a new home. Today it has found a new home with a car enthusiast who I know will take care of it as well as I did. He has already asked about mods and I pointed him here to this forum. I told him bring a healthy budget because all you guys are nuts in here.
My tought exactly with my E55. I still liked it but I never drove it because it was not my cup of tea. So I sold it to a friend who loves it and I dont regret letting it go at all. It was a great car and for people who love massive power and 4 doors there is NOTHING better out there.

Did you replace it yet?
Old 10-18-2007, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
///AMG
Sad to hear you let the beast free

Good luck with your next ride..