F/S 2003 E55 Modded & Perfect Condition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
NADA shows trade in for this car and these options at $35k-$36k, and private party sales are usually around the same range. Problem is, even that price is based on last year's numbers...and at this point an '03 is 5 model years old and 6+ actual years old depending on the production date. Same goes for kbb and edmunds...you need to give them time to update for '08...most of the sales they are reporting occurred before the model year changed. In addition, Mercedes has now set a release date for the completely revamped E-class which is fast approaching. Personally, I don't like the new one, but everybody knows it's coming so value-wise that's not such a good thing...

Russ...I am NOT trying to be a dick, but do the math...your price equates to this car carrying a 42%+ residual after 6 years and 51k miles. We all know that isn't possible, as would you if you were buying one instead of selling it.

As a point of comparison, back in October of last year I had negotiated a deal for a CPO '03 E55 from Mercedes of Tampa with 39k miles on it for $39k. The car had most of the same options yours does. I ended up walking because I wanted the '04 so I wouldn't have to deal with the expense of a nav retrofit.

Now I see comparable cars on autotrader and ebay in the high $20k's and am breathing a huge sigh of relief. I think you might be around $6k overpriced for that year and miles. I would think even lower, but yours really is in excellent condition and that adds a couple grand. Your option situation isn't that great, to be honest, because nav is the money-shot as far as that goes and a lot of '03s do have the factory system. Regardless of whether it's retrofitted or not, they're out there.

I have done a lot of research on these, and $30k-$33k would be a fair price for this one. At almost $40k, it's never going to sell...that's well above what even CPOs are going for.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 SL500R / 2003 BMW M5
I think you have to consider the car market and economy. Both are extremely soft and you have to factor that in when you price the car. Also, there are a lot more 55's for sale now so the law of supply and demand comes into play as well. I'm sure the 55 will move at $33-$35k. More may be a stretch to get more because of the miles. Remember, the longer you hang on to it, the more it will depreciate as well. The car looks great but remember, there are a lot of them on the market now. Good Luck with the sale.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Old 02-06-2008, 10:53 AM

You're correct! We (I) was/are beating a dead horse or cow. Not really worth any more comment.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We'll you guys are maybe correct. We all are enthusiast and buy everthing based on exact facts of cars. There are those who want an E55 and not everything is practical about this one compared to that one. They want something nice at a fair price. We will see end the end.

Russ
Old 02-07-2008, 01:18 PM

$37K anyone? This is as low as any on EBAY with these miles and options. Someone got to jump on it at this price!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:30 PM

04 - 06 e55 Wagon - looking for
Nice Car, but I'm looking for one that is unmodded - hopefully from a old lady that has no clue what she is driving (yes I'm thinking of a sedan). The market is turning in favor of the buyer and buyers like me have time to find the right deal. I hope you find a buyer that is looking for a car with the mods already done.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Wish4_e55Wagon
Nice Car, but I'm looking for one that is unmodded - hopefully from a old lady that has no clue what she is driving (yes I'm thinking of a sedan). The market is turning in favor of the buyer and buyers like me have time to find the right deal. I hope you find a buyer that is looking for a car with the mods already done.

Good luck with that. The old women who drive these buy them because they know what they are to bust punks in the BMW's. The know all the need to do is push the gas pedal and hold own. We'll good luck!

Russ
Old 02-07-2008, 04:32 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by Wish4_e55Wagon
Huh? The mods he did aren't really "mods" in the traditional sense... I'd call them more "improvements".

He basically just corrected a pile of known weak spots on the car, like the crappy IC pump, high ride height, and high engine bay temps. In fact, two of the "mods" can be undone in less than 5 minutes at your mechanic's if they bother you that badly. It's just a computer setting. They probably won't even charge you...hardly a reason to pass on the car if you like it otherwise...

The only real "mod" is the ASP pulley, which you can also swap out pretty inexpensively if you don't like it...not that I see why you wouldn't like it. Stock pulleys are easy to find since so many have replaced them with better, or russ probably still has his laying around.

Last edited by CWW; 02-07-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by CWW
Huh? The mods he did aren't really "mods" in the traditional sense... I'd call them more "improvements".

He basically just corrected a pile of known weak spots on the car, like the crappy IC pump, high ride height, and high engine bay temps. In fact, two of the "mods" can be undone in less than 5 minutes at your mechanic's if they bother you that badly. It's just a computer setting. They probably won't even charge you...hardly a reason to pass on the car if you like it otherwise...

The only real "mod" is the ASP pulley, which you can also swap out pretty inexpensively if you don't like it...not that I see why you wouldn't like it. Stock pulleys are easy to find since so many have replaced them with better, or russ probably still has his laying around.
You crack me up. A "Mod" is anything that improves something over a stock installed setup. CCW=Value & Mod Police!!!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by russcan
You crack me up. A "Mod" is anything that improves something over a stock installed setup. CCW=Value & Mod Police!!!!!
Oh come on...I do think your price is high, but on the mod thing I actually had your back on that one. He was being ridic...my point was that there isn't anything you have done to your car that would make anyone want to pass on it. If he doesn't like what you did, all of it can be undone in 20 minutes except the pulley, and even that's not a biggie.

That said, changing a computer setting to turn a fan on sooner and lower the car to its highway height all the time is not a "mod"... I can't believe ur guna argue that one...

What's next, I can ride around with the headlights on a call it a "mod"? If I put the top down, it's a "mod"? Have the dealer program the computer so that my doors lock at 10mph, and call it a "mod"?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by CWW
Oh come on...I do think your price is high, but on the mod thing I actually had your back on that one. He was being ridic...my point was that there isn't anything you have done to your car that would make anyone want to pass on it. If he doesn't like what you did, all of it can be undone in 20 minutes except the pulley, and even that's not a biggie.

That said, changing a computer setting to turn a fan on sooner and lower the car to its highway height all the time is not a "mod"... I can't believe ur guna argue that one...

What's next, I can ride around with the headlights on a call it a "mod"? If I put the top down, it's a "mod"? Have the dealer program the computer so that my doors lock at 10mph, and call it a "mod"?
I tell you one thing. If you put the top down on a E55 that would for sure be a mod. Now that's right out of the horse's mouth.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:06 PM

Bump!
Old 02-10-2008, 10:33 AM

Anyone what to make offers? Not the one's that some guy said he paid from some guys, counsin'e brothers sister. Please don't be a thread **** ter please. Any resonable offer will be considered.

Russ
Old 02-10-2008, 04:10 PM

This thread is getting to be really stupid. Why don't you just post a price that's fair and you will accept? The price has changed and dropped 3 or 4 times and you are still sitting on it. Do you think the value is going to increase if you wait longer? Then you post 37k is the lowest you'll go, and later post the price has dropped to 38k! Make up your mind.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dragoncoach
This thread is getting to be really stupid. Why don't you just post a price that's fair and you will accept? The price has changed and dropped 3 or 4 times and you are still sitting on it. Do you think the value is going to increase if you wait longer? Then you post 37k is the lowest you'll go, and later post the price has dropped to 38k! Make up your mind.
We'll I guess you can't read? I never changed the price from lower to higher. You don't no what the he'll your talking about. $37 is IT! Re-Read THE thread from start to finish and you'll see again. "YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE HE'LL YOU TALKING ABOUT!"
Old 02-11-2008, 12:10 AM

You are correct! You lowered the price from 38k to 37k. Good luck. Maybe after another few months of sitting on an overpriced car, you'll sell it. Maybe you should think about possible reasons why it's taking so long to sell your car. Then maybe you'll understand some of the posts instead of attacking other posters.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dragoncoach
You are correct! You lowered the price from 38k to 37k. Good luck. Maybe after another few months of sitting on an overpriced car, you'll sell it. Maybe you should think about possible reasons why it's taking so long to sell your car. Then maybe you'll understand some of the posts instead of attacking other posters.
I never attacked anyone. Just defended that you and only you did not know what you were talking about. I hope your right and I can sell the car in a couple months, but before I give it away for low 30's I'd rather keep it.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:53 PM

PRICE DROP $35,500! FIRM Here's the deal, I have now taken off the mods that alot of guys said were not worth anything. The car has been returned to stock in regards to the Pulley,Therm and I/C Pump. If you've been looking for a very good E55 without any issue's at all then this is the one. One sold on Ebay yesterday for $32,600 and it had 77,000 miles, No Keyless Go, No Pano Roof and No Dynamic Seats. So here's your chance to the lowballers and value offering people. I wonder sometimes if you guys just offer a very low price so you will never have to step up and buy the cars you value?
Old 02-11-2008, 04:51 PM

2005 E55 AMG, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP
IMOL selling the car bonestock for 35,500 is just the same as asking 37,000 for a car with a couple grand of mods. although a "stock" car might appeal to a wider audience, my guess is the car is still going to remain yours.

good luck tho
Old 02-11-2008, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
Originally Posted by russcan
PRICE DROP $35,500! FIRM Here's the deal, I have now taken off the mods that alot of guys said were not worth anything. The car has been returned to stock in regards to the Pulley,Therm and I/C Pump. If you've been looking for a very good E55 without any issue's at all then this is the one. One sold on Ebay yesterday for $32,600 and it had 77,000 miles, No Keyless Go, No Pano Roof and No Dynamic Seats. So here's your chance to the lowballers and value offering people. I wonder sometimes if you guys just offer a very low price so you will never have to step up and buy the cars you value?

goodluck on the sale.. if it doesn't sell for $35.5k, will you keep it?
Old 02-11-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2005E55AMGLOL
IMOL selling the car bonestock for 35,500 is just the same as asking 37,000 for a car with a couple grand of mods. although a "stock" car might appeal to a wider audience, my guess is the car is still going to remain yours.

good luck tho
We'll it vary's on who you ask. Others say mods get you nothing. So I guess we will see. Based on the feedback I've been getting I think it'll go soon at this price. None Nicer at this price, I know that!
Old 02-11-2008, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ProV1
goodluck on the sale.. if it doesn't sell for $35.5k, will you keep it?
No, I'm going to give it to 2005E55AMGLOL
Old 02-11-2008, 06:55 PM

2005 E55 AMG, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP
lol. if u wanna give it to me for 30k with the mods, ill take it. fly down tomorrow and write u a check. put that baby on a trailor bound for CA. and fly back.
whooopdeedoo... =)
Old 02-11-2008, 07:22 PM

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts
'19 G63 Ed 1,'18 M5, '16 G63,'12 458 , '11 E63, Brabus SL55-K8, '10 S63, '94 E500 "Wolf", '91 560SEC
I'll do the same for $31k...,but seriously good luck with the sale.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F/S 2003 E55 Modded & Perfect Condition