Sponsored by:

More questions for the experts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
More questions for the experts

Good God, I feel like an idiot. I have never had soo many questions about a car, but I guess it is par for the course when you own something as technologically advanced as an 04 E55...but I am looking for some answers to a few more of my questions. BTW, I dropped it off at the dealer this morning, so if the experts out there could respond back as soon as you can, then anything they need to fix could be done on this round.

1 - Spare tire. Don't have one and I think I read you can ask for one. Is this true?

2 - Command updates to play MP3s. I read on another forum that there is a software update to get this thing to play MP3 CDs but when I dropped it off, the service guy looked at me like I had 3 heads. Not very inspiring. Does anyone know of anything I could tell this guy to put him on the path of letting me play MP3 CDs?

3 - Cruise control. Ok, I am cruising along at xx speed, confirmed by the digital speedometer. When I push the cruise control lever either up or down, it sets the cruise control 1 MPH over xx speed, but then keeps the car at xx speed. Is this normal?

4 - Climate control. No matter what direction I set the air to blow out (top vent, bottom vent (by feet) or top and bottom vents, it always blows out of the front center (face) vents unless I manually spin the little dial that closes that vent. On all my other cars, if you set it to blow out of another vent (top or bottom), it does not blow out of the front vent. This happens with auto or non-auto mode.

5 - WTF does that little dial in between the 2 front center (face) vents do? I read in the manual that it has to do with cold air exchange, but it still sounds greek to me.

Really guys and gals, I am a smart guy...it is just that this car brings out the dummy in me. It is a good thing the gas is still on the right and the brake on the left or otherwise, I would have been sitting in my driveway posting on this site to find out how to go forwards.

Thanks to all who reply!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Congrats on the fine car. Don't worry about all the "stuff" - it took me 3 months to find the bloody AUX input jack.

1) It's my understanding that the switch to a spare tire was a running change in 04. It may require installation of a different tire well for you to be able to carry a spare. Mine has one, but I've seen earlier 04's that didn't.

2) There was a TSB for the MP3 update. I'll look for it, as I want this done too.

3) My CC does the same thing. I chalked it up to a German sense of humor.

4) ???

5) I read that dial is for the "blending" of cool/cold air. You can adjust the temp a bit for the air that hits your face.

Welcome, and PLEASE POST PICS
Old 11-05-2007, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
Congrats

Welcome.

I still have millions of questions os don't fell bad

Old 11-05-2007, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
4. that is normal...well it's NOT normal but it's the way our cars work. when you change the setting for the vents the center vents are always on and the controls change the air flow from the outer vents.