Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
LOL you are right...He told ME "fell FREE to call ME anytime"

IF we have torgue limiter, how can is give our car more torgues ???

Then if with TCU we remove torque (this time is right yes) limiter, then we dont need torque converter or may be it doesnt provide any benefits for our cars...
Yea, he always says that to emails.

I'm assuming you can remove the torque limiter since you will now have a built transmission to handle the added torque.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
He told ME that I need to ship the trannny to them (( The shipping cost would be crazy...It would be more easy to get everything from Evotech or MKB...but Evotech want 5500 EURO for re-inforcement and TCU...

What do mean I can do TCU and my tranny is build to hold this TORQUES dont think it will hold 1000 ???
Old 11-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
He told ME that I need to ship the trannny to them (( The shipping cost would be crazy...It would be more easy to get everything from Evotech or MKB...but Evotech want 5500 EURO for re-inforcement and TCU...

What do mean I can do TCU and my tranny is build to hold this TORQUES dont think it will hold 1000 ???
Oh that sucks. They sell parts for builds on their website

Level Ten builds transmissions to spec. If you want it to hold 1000 ft lbs then they will build it to hold 1000 ft lbs. You have to remember that our street cars make nowhere near the power that true drag racing cars make.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Yes I know but our cars make lots of torgues and if its abused trans will fail eventially...

I think most abuse its get burnouts before 1/4 run...2 of my freinds with 40 and 50 k miles on their car and who runned lots if time in 1/4 + they have Evotech TCU...Did lots of burouts had their trans fail...I want to prevent this...+ I want TCU...
Old 11-07-2007, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Mikail,

Transmission building is almost never cheap, and doing it wrong can cause serious damage to the car. I'd bite the bullet and have Evotech do the work. It's expensive but it's good to have a reputable company do it who can stand behind their work. $5500 EURO is really not that bad.

-m
Old 11-07-2007, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Marcus...My friend had Evotech TCU on his SL and lots of other mods 650HP +...and had it re-build as far as I know and still had it failed when he started to go DR one the weekends...very often...the n he started to have other probs...

5500 EURO at current exchange rate is 8k USD + shipping... I am not ready for this...
Old 11-07-2007, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
John said their converter add 300-500 rpms stail
Old 11-08-2007, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Mikail,

You are getting into a domain that can get very complex and very expensive... I'd try to educate yourself a bit on transmissions before you go out shelling major dollars for upgrades. You want to make your transmission stronger? Transmissions don't make more power, they just assist in transferring power from the engine to the rear wheels. There are a lot of ways to make a transmission stronger however it all depends on what makes the transmission weak. I don't know what is the weakpoint on these transmissions so I suppose it's difficult for me to say what is good value or not - I am just assuming that a $5500 EURO ugprade for the transmission from a reputable company like EVOTech should be a decent upgrade... but stories from your friend about stuff breaking when maybe he isn't driving it right (which, with transmissions, can be VERY LIKELY... people do stupid stuff with their trannies then they break and they cry foul... you need to know what you are doing).

As for your 2nd post - try googling "Stall Speed"

-m
Old 11-08-2007, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Ok thank for your advice...

I am going to get parts from AMG...they build 800 HP Maybach for one client and their trans if the strrongest one...
Old 11-09-2007, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Mike,

Ok good luck - you can always drop me an email if you need help as well. I'm not the best MB guy around but I know a thing or two. This way if I ever make it to Moscow you'll owe me a favor and can take me around to the hot spots.

-m
Old 11-09-2007, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
Mike,

Ok good luck - you can always drop me an email if you need help as well. I'm not the best MB guy around but I know a thing or two. This way if I ever make it to Moscow you'll owe me a favor and can take me around to the hot spots.

-m

Of course Marcus...you are always welcome !!!