W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove A Smart Car Today At Mb Dealership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 03:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Drove A Smart Car Today At Mb Dealership

Got an invitation from the MB dealer to come down and drive a Smart Car so out of curiousity, I did.

I'd seen them often in Europe and always thought they were pretty cool little cars with good build quality and nicely finished though I've never sat in or driven one. Must say it was a trip to get out of my E55 and get into a car that's only 8ft. long.

My impression of the car here on Florida roads was a little different than my impression on european roads. In Europe, it makes sense with their limited parking, narrow roads and high fuel prices. Here, in the world of Suburbans, F350 pick ups and the like, I definately felt vulnerable.

Interior room is amazing in such a small car. Easily as much room for driver and passenger as a full sized car. I'm 6' and had to pull the seat FORWARD to reach the pedals comfortably. Acceleration was god awful but then again I just got out of an AMG. Probably OK for most people and in town errand running. Overall driving experience was much better than I expected from such a small car. Very solid and quite. Once seated behind the wheel, you don't realize how small it is because of all the interior room.

Will I buy one. Probably not. It would make for a really nice Golf cart though.

Last edited by speedpeddler; 11-08-2007 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Repeated myself.