Sponsored by:

2 Mods + 1 upgrade complete....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 05:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
2 Mods + 1 upgrade complete....

Well, after much deliberation, I have finally purchased and installed my ASP pulley, Johnson pump and as of yesterday some brand spanking new, Toyo T1R's.

1st off, since the change of the crankshaft pulley, my car is .
Like everyone says, "night and day" its true

Johnson pump, well, I can't say much about it other than, 20+ liters a minute versus the stock pump at 8 or something. Direct bolt on and no issues at all

Tires:
I had a nail in one of my rear sidewalls and knew that it was unpatchable. So, what a great opportunity to change my rear tires.
Took off the Conti Contact sport 2's put the Toyo T1r's on and like the pulley...NIGHT AND DAY

I will be heading back out to the track and also putting the car back on the dyno to see where i'm at.
The car has a Kleemann ECU tune as well

FYI, the pulley, pump, tires, tax, shipping, mounting, balancing and install....$1,488 which is mod money well spent
Used Kleemann headers to come.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:16 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
very nice and at a stealing price!
congrats
did u just replace ur rear tires or front as well?
thinking of getting toyo t1rs my self
i have stock 18 what size should i be getting?

Last edited by Zod; 11-10-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55
Originally Posted by Roseylv
Well, after much deliberation, I have finally purchased and installed my ASP pulley, Johnson pump and as of yesterday some brand spanking new, Toyo T1R's.

1st off, since the change of the crankshaft pulley, my car is .
Like everyone says, "night and day" its true

Johnson pump, well, I can't say much about it other than, 20+ liters a minute versus the stock pump at 8 or something. Direct bolt on and no issues at all

Tires:
I had a nail in one of my rear sidewalls and knew that it was unpatchable. So, what a great opportunity to change my rear tires.
Took off the Conti Contact sport 2's put the Toyo T1r's on and like the pulley...NIGHT AND DAY

I will be heading back out to the track and also putting the car back on the dyno to see where i'm at.
The car has a Kleemann ECU tune as well

FYI, the pulley, pump, tires, tax, shipping, mounting, balancing and install....$1,488 which is mod money well spent
Used Kleemann headers to come.
Rose,

That's AWESOME... You're on the right track, BUT... You Have GOT to get the ECU software upgrade to remove the Torque load limiter placed there by Mercedes, and TUNE for the Pulley! BTW.. Is it a 168mm or 175mm?

ADAM from EuroElites is having a sale right now on ECU Tune for $995... The lowest price ever for software Tune, from the BEST! It's limited time bro... JUMP on that, your car will scream.

Best,

RoydRage
Old 11-10-2007, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Originally Posted by RoydRage

ADAM from EuroElites is having a sale right now on ECU Tune for $995... The lowest price ever for software Tune, from the BEST! It's limited time bro... JUMP on that, your car will scream.

Best,

RoydRage

Wow...I didnt know about that..How come no info on this site...does he have any sale on TCU asw well
Old 11-10-2007, 12:47 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Wow...I didnt know about that..How come no info on this site...does he have any sale on TCU asw well
YES! He does have a package sale for TCU also.

It was posted...

Best,

RoydRage
Old 11-10-2007, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
do you have to go all the way out to him to get that ECU/TCU tune, what do we ohio peeps need to do to get modded

ALi
Old 11-10-2007, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by goliath27
do you have to go all the way out to him to get that ECU/TCU tune, what do we ohio peeps need to do to get modded

ALi
No,just pull the ecu out and fed ex it to him.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:10 PM

SL55

ALi
Nah...

You just take out the computer (easy), And send it FedEx ND Air, and he will turn around and send it back the next day.

You slip it back in easy as pie... And it's VROOOM!

Best,

RoydRage

EDIT... OOOPS... Missed your post J
Old 11-10-2007, 02:32 PM

w212 E63 / 996tt
Originally Posted by Zod
very nice and at a stealing price!
congrats
did u just replace ur rear tires or front as well?
thinking of getting toyo t1rs my self
i have stock 18 what size should i be getting?
I just replaced the rear's. My fronts are still in good shape. Rest assured, when my fronts start to diminishes, Toyo TR1's will be mounted on the front as well. I went with 275/35/18. Treaddopot.com has them for $201 at tire and any discount tire store will match the price.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:38 PM

w212 E63 / 996tt
Rose,

That's AWESOME... You're on the right track, BUT... You Have GOT to get the ECU software upgrade to remove the Torque load limiter placed there by Mercedes, and TUNE for the Pulley! BTW.. Is it a 168mm or 175mm?

Best,

RoydRage

Royd,
Have no fear, i already have a stg. 2 Kleemann tune. The previous owner had sent his car to Kleemann for headers, LSD, pulley and ECU. I bought the car certified pre-owned so he stripped the pulley and headers and didn't bother with the LSD or ECU so I got a few freebies.

All I need is the headers and maybe new plugs/wires to complete my stage 2...correct me if I'm wrong

Rosey
Old 11-10-2007, 03:16 PM

SL55
Royd,
Have no fear, i already have a stg. 2 Kleemann tune. The previous owner had sent his car to Kleemann for headers, LSD, pulley and ECU. I bought the car certified pre-owned so he stripped the pulley and headers and didn't bother with the LSD or ECU so I got a few freebies.

All I need is the headers and maybe new plugs/wires to complete my stage 2...correct me if I'm wrong

Rosey
Well... ECU has to be optimized for what modifications the has/will have now... 2nd'ly Oliver is the Best in the Business of tuning YOUR car Custom.

3rd... If that dealer Flashed an update when in their hands... (which they are required to do by MB)...

That Tune IS GONE!

With Adams Special right now, you have a chance to get it back better than it was... For Cheap!

Best,

RoydRage
Old 11-10-2007, 03:49 PM

w212 E63 / 996tt
I have a contact that works at the service center who has made sure that my ECU wasn't touched.

DragonAMG utilized the same individual who had basically every mod possible done to his car and yet he didn't lose any tune.

Networking my friend....networking!
Old 11-10-2007, 04:35 PM

SL55
I have a contact that works at the service center who has made sure that my ECU wasn't touched.

DragonAMG utilized the same individual who had basically every mod possible done to his car and yet he didn't lose any tune.

Networking my friend....networking!
Good Deal!

I just hope it's optimized for you future setup!

Best,

RoydRage
Old 11-10-2007, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Nah...

You just take out the computer (easy), And send it FedEx ND Air, and he will turn around and send it back the next day.

You slip it back in easy as pie... And it's VROOOM!

Best,

RoydRage

EDIT... OOOPS... Missed your post J
ok so far, only mods i have on my CL is a RennTech exhasust and a SprintBooster, if they make pullys or not for mine i have no idea, but what can the tune do for me without changes like you all did?

ALi
Old 11-10-2007, 05:51 PM

SL55
ok so far, only mods i have on my CL is a RennTech exhasust and a SprintBooster, if they make pullys or not for mine i have no idea, but what can the tune do for me without changes like you all did?

ALi
Goliath,

Adam from EuroElites can have Oliver implement a custom tune just for your car... It will remove the speed limiter set @155MPH, and let the car achieve top speed, AND if you have the Mercedes Update done, will remove the Torque Load Limiter reducing the horsepower... The amount Mercedes has tuned out of your car will vary... It made a HUGE difference in my car.

On top of that you should get 15-20hp, with better drivablity. My car feels very, very strong now... spinning the tires at will.

But once you've bought into the tune, If you get a pulley later, he will adjust the tune for it at no charge... So it's a no lose situation!

There are some people on these forums who make unrealistic/outragous claims about power from a ECU tune alone... And I'm here to tell you, it's just not possible, I'm from a racing background of over 20 years, and I've been building race cars / race bikes for 30.

Adam is on the up & up he say what he does and do what he says...

Best,

RoydRage
Old 11-11-2007, 10:04 AM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
The ASP pulleys on your car made 426 RWHP?
I thought I read a dyno somewhere in the forum that it makes 452 RWHP??
Old 11-11-2007, 02:10 PM

w212 E63 / 996tt
NO!
My sig has not been updated because I haven't put the car on the dyno yet