W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying an E63 need help on some issues please :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 01:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 GLS 450
Thinking of buying an E63 need help on some issues please :)

Ive been an owner of a 2004 Cayenne turbo for three and a half years now, ive loved that car so much for its performance, reliability. i was considering to replace it with an 08 but i didnt like the facelift much and im really getting something new, its the same car only better. plus the prices have gone up significantly since i bought it in 04. Now in the same price bracket i found i have alot more options to consider. One was the Audi S8 but i backed away from it cause of the ceramic brakes for 08, im not a fan of high maintenance bills plus the resale value of it is worse than porsche. im now in a dilemma should i got for an 07 designo graphite green or an 08 obsidian black. dealer is willing to give a substansial discount on the 07, his intial quote is about 136,520 USD, keep in mind these are not US prices but local prices with taxes and such included.

1. Whats the preferred break in for E63?
2. Is there a difference between the 07 and 08 in any way?
3. Im considering a 07 designo graphite green or an 08 in Basalt black, bad thing about the 07 is that its been unsold for 5 months now sitting in the dealers garage, he said he would put in new tires and i would be good to go, would you go for it knowing its been untouched for such a long time?, only good thing going for the 07 is that it has a few more options other than the cool designo color like thermotronic,cornering lights and adaptive brake lights. both have panorama roof, comand dvd,harmon kardon sound,remote boot lock,keyless go,intelligent light system,rear power sunblinds,luxury entilated heated seats, mobile phone, cd changer,tv tuner.

i thank you all in advance for your help
Old 11-12-2007, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
The E63 is a great car, you'll definately enjoy it a lot.... Now lets answer some of your questions......

1) Factory recommends you stay below 4500 rpm in all gears for the first 1200 miles and keep max speed below 85 mph. Now keep in mind that this is purely factory recommendations. Some groups show that it is actually better to drive the car very hard during the first few hundred miles. And there are good arguments on both sides. I was in the same situation you were a few month ago........... So I followed the factory recommendation for the first 300 to 400 miles and then drove it very hard ever since......

2) There is no difference between the 07 and 08 models except in colors and options (but that probably only pertains to us here in the U.S.). For example, our 08 models cannot be obtained in obsidian black like the 07 models, as it is now reserved only for CL/S/SL classes. Also, on the 08 models, you can order the performance package with carbon fiber interior trim, which was not available on the 07. And of course, the 08 models will have all the updated transmission software and service campaigns already performed, but you can always do that on the 07 on your first visit to the dealer.

3) Leaving the car un-touched for 5 months will definately cause flat spots on the tires and bad vibrations when driving. I would make sure the dealer installs brand new tires and battery in the car before you purchase it.

If you can get a GREAT deal for an 07, you should definately go for it. But if the price is close to the 08 models, then just go with the 2008. Either way, this car will put a smile on your face every time you hit the gas pedal.....
Old 11-13-2007, 05:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 GLS 450
Thanks so much for the feedback, the 08 is not a designo but it is in obsidian black, the 07 just has more options in general. im going to put an offer on the table and walk away and see if the dealer agrees