Trouble Codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 Audi S4,'04 E55 AMG,'05 Audi A4
Trouble Codes

A few months ago when I was lowering my car, I ended up getting the "car is too low" warning for a few seconds - I have service C coming up, and would like to make sure the code is gone... Is there an easy way to do this without a STAR tool? Can an OBDII tool reset them? Can anyone in Northern VA help me out? ;-)

Thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 04:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL65
You can get a Carchip E/X fairly inexpensive to connect through the OBDII port. There may be something else cheaper. They advertise that trouble codes can be reset.
Do a search on this or scangauge.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
I've never tried it with an OBDII tool, but , you could always pull the negative battery cable for an hour and let it reset... You also then get the benefit of having all the adaptive values being reset..

Originally Posted by zapco98
A few months ago when I was lowering my car, I ended up getting the "car is too low" warning for a few seconds - I have service C coming up, and would like to make sure the code is gone... Is there an easy way to do this without a STAR tool? Can an OBDII tool reset them? Can anyone in Northern VA help me out? ;-)

Thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R

Thanks
i'm not sure the temporary warning lights actually store a fault code so you may not need to worry about it. if you're worried about the dealer finding out you lowered it with the washers, it's easy enough to remove them before the service.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55

Thanks
OBDII resets cel's.Star can dig deeper and finds fault codes.No need to worry anyway,the dealer shouldnt care about that code.