CF Plate frame for my AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by XRAYAMG
for the people who have ordered this CF frame...what's the fit and quality? has anyone thought to drill holes in the lower portion of the frame so as to put in 4 screws?
Mine seems to fit fine. I wouldn't try to drill holes in it because it is very thin and will probably shatter. Try using double-sided tape if you want to stabelize the bottom part.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 c230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
The white AMG logo is just a sticker right? I forget the website, but real carbon fiber license plate frames are available for $37 shipped. The sticker can be made for a few bucks. But i guess for the convenience and clear coat, the few extra bucks might be worth it.

WARNING: Depending on where you guys live, you may want to consider getting torque screws or some sort of special screw that can't be removed by a simple philips head screwdriver. I know if i had this cf plate frame in the bay area, it would be gone in a matter of weeks w/o special screws.

BCARUSO: Thank you for organizing the purchase. It's people like you that make this forum helpful. Thanks for your contribution and actually doing some work. Much appreciated!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63 Soon
Originally Posted by zoomie
The white AMG logo is just a sticker right? I forget the website, but real carbon fiber license plate frames are available for $37 shipped. The sticker can be made for a few bucks. But i guess for the convenience and clear coat, the few extra bucks might be worth it.

WARNING: Depending on where you guys live, you may want to consider getting torque screws or some sort of special screw that can't be removed by a simple philips head screwdriver. I know if i had this cf plate frame in the bay area, it would be gone in a matter of weeks w/o special screws.

BCARUSO: Thank you for organizing the purchase. It's people like you that make this forum helpful. Thanks for your contribution and actually doing some work. Much appreciated!
Thanks for the compliment. It was no big deal really and it is nice to see that some of the members got themselves a deal. With regards to the AMG logo it is actually silver and of quite good quality. I don't have my car yet so I've been 'posing' by having it on my CLK. I'm a bit of a clean freak and have washed the car LOTS of times with it on. No problems yet My friend with a C55 bought a 'lookalike' carbon frame somwhere online and ditched it when he saw mine. There was no contest on the finish quality which I guess accounts for the extra bit of cost. I guess you get what you pay for