Sponsored by:

Christmas Gratitude for the Beast

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 09:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 E63S W212 Matte Gray
Christmas Gratitude for the Beast

Guys: during this season of sharing, pondering and taking stock of our lives, I would like to take a momentary break from the chaos, from the stress of autism and leukemia, from the stress of marriage, of business ownership, of laboring with no end in site, a short break from the temporal worries of daily living, and simply throw out a few sincere statements of Gratitude for the Beast.

Every time I tell her to "go....now!" and stomp on the gas, she faithfully goes, never asking, "why...?" or "are you sure?"

Every time I leave the office late at night, she is there, waiting lovingly for our evening highway stroll on the way home.

Every time I awake, stumbling out of the house for another work day, she is there, smiling, nodding, winking: "Hi, Kris. Let's have a little fun on the way to work."

Every time I tell her to take that corner a tad too fast for a chassis of her girth, she says, "No problem, Kris, let's do it!"

Every time we discover a lonely stretch of highway, nary another car in sight, starboard nor stern, the valentine one dozing quietly, when I ask her "um, can we flirt with a 'buck forty,'?, she lovingly replies, "I thought you'd never ask."

In other words, in a world increasingly chaotic and confusing (for me anyway), the Beast is the only part of my life that never fails me (setting aside spiritual matters for the moment for the purposes of this fun quip).

And for this, I say "Thanks."

Kris Keeney
Richmond, VA

Disclaimer for the Overly Sensitive, if any: "This short essay is for entertainment purposes and stress-relief purposes only, and is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a declarative statement on proper or improper driving habits or as offense to anyone, imagined or real."
Old 12-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Haha, nice one Kris!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by KrisKeeney
Guys: during this season of sharing, pondering and taking stock of our lives, I would like to take a momentary break from the chaos, from the stress of autism and leukemia, from the stress of marriage, of business ownership, of laboring with no end in site, a short break from the temporal worries of daily living, and simply throw out a few sincere statements of Gratitude for the Beast.

Every time I tell her to "go....now!" and stomp on the gas, she faithfully goes, never asking, "why...?" or "are you sure?"

Every time I leave the office late at night, she is there, waiting lovingly for our evening highway stroll on the way home.

Every time I awake, stumbling out of the house for another work day, she is there, smiling, nodding, winking: "Hi, Kris. Let's have a little fun on the way to work."

Every time I tell her to take that corner a tad too fast for a chassis of her girth, she says, "No problem, Kris, let's do it!"

Every time we discover a lonely stretch of highway, nary another car in sight, starboard nor stern, the valentine one dozing quietly, when I ask her "um, can we flirt with a 'buck forty,'?, she lovingly replies, "I thought you'd never ask."

In other words, in a world increasingly chaotic and confusing (for me anyway), the Beast is the only part of my life that never fails me (setting aside spiritual matters for the moment for the purposes of this fun quip).

And for this, I say "Thanks."

Kris Keeney
Richmond, VA

Disclaimer for the Overly Sensitive, if any: "This short essay is for entertainment purposes and stress-relief purposes only, and is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a declarative statement on proper or improper driving habits or as offense to anyone, imagined or real."
+1
Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, Audi S4, 1965 Goat
+2
Old 12-14-2007, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
That was great Kris!!

Gotta admit, for the first year I had her, I used to talk to her quite a lot.

Not so much now. I do still yell at her as we are going down the 1/4 together though. "Come on baby...COME ON!!!"
Old 12-14-2007, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Great words @ the right time...........
Old 12-14-2007, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
very nice words !
Old 12-14-2007, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts