*** VR550 for M113 55 Kompressor ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Is this a sale price or is this the price that the package is going to sell for?

VRP doesn't play with the prices. We are all members of the same community, so we get the same deal. If you think about it, that's about $1250 each for the tune and pulley, so not so bad is it?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5

Originally Posted by vrus
Different cars responded differently to the air pump recall.. My car suffered by it really badly.. The 2003 cars (based on my experience) showed VERY poor dyno numbers.. I couldnt spin my tires at all from a dead stop after the recall was done. It also could not be reversed.. I had to get my ECU flashed back to a stock program we had on file, and then reflash with the modified program.

Thank God we kept my stock ECU flash before messing with it.

The 04 - 05 cars recovered better from the post-recall flash.. they actually didnt suffer a huge power loss like my car did (from what I understand).

The 2005 model 55 cars are the FASTEST ones out there.. They dyno 15 - 20rwhp HIGHER than all the other cars.

The 2006 cars that were built in 2006 are the only ones I know of that have the built-in load limiters that kill power if they see more than 12psi boost. This is when the campaign started by the auto manufacturers to try and thwart the aftermarket tuners from re-programming the ECUs.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by jangy
VRP doesn't play with the prices. We are all members of the same community, so we get the same deal. If you think about it, that's about $1250 each for the tune and pulley, so not so bad is it?
Not at all my friend...I was just confused about this pricing compared to the ones from a while back that I saw that's all...It's put's my mind at ease knowing that VRP isn't trying to rip us off like other tuners AND their customer service is really shining compared to the other tuners as well...
Old 01-21-2008, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
..........great job by the VRP group.

.......So finally do fellow forum members now finally believe that a load limit exists after the secondary air injection pump reflash. I wont re-post all the many posts, but many who are singing hosana on this thread were the same ones calling Chiromikey and I idiots for pointing out that these load limits were true. We were told that we were just imagining things. The point here is that perhaps a solution would have been discovered sooner, had fellow forum members listened sooner. You cannot solve a problem that you do not think exists. Bravo to the VRP team again!

Ted
Old 01-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin

.......So finally do fellow forum members now finally believe that a load limit exists after the secondary air injection pump reflash. I wont re-post all the many posts, but many who are singing hosana on this thread were the same ones calling Chiromikey and I idiots for pointing out that these load limits were true. We were told that we were just imagining things. The point here is that perhaps a solution would have been discovered sooner, had fellow forum members listened sooner. You cannot solve a problem that you do not think exists. Bravo to the VRP team again!

Ted

Dude, no disrespect, but at the time I was calling YOU an idiot for the way you were presenting your point. I don't believe Chromikey and I have had any issues. At that time, I was speaking with MB to find out what was going on and the talk on here turned to class action suits, etc. It made MB turn sturn and close all extraneous talk and hire outside counsil. that ended my contacts, so i was pissed.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Not at all my friend...I was just confused about this pricing compared to the ones from a while back that I saw that's all...It's put's my mind at ease knowing that VRP isn't trying to rip us off like other tuners AND their customer service is really shining compared to the other tuners as well...
Yeah, they are really onto something here where everyone ends up vested.

I can't wait until a track day.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Ted,

I was singing the same song.. I had the same problem with the recall during the period that you & Chiromikey did but alot of people just thought it was an imaginary issue.. If you don't experience the powerloss of the recall yourself, its hard to appreciate someone else trying to explain it to you using words over the internet.

I told everyone to stay away from the dealer and to make sure the recall flash was not done. Problem was some of those people were driving 2005 cars which didnt suffer as badly as the 2003 cars did.. this is where people looked and said we were crazy... We didnt know back then that the different model years responded differently to the recall.

Now we have all the concrete data to support our theories.

Ted
Soooo... How was the drive? It'll be even stronger once you put 200miles on it and the ECU fully adapts... Have fun but keep the shiney side up!

Originally Posted by Jangy
Yeah, they are really onto something here where everyone ends up vested.

I can't wait until a track day.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Man, I can't get a ride up there until after 5 tonight and traffic will suck!!!

Actually, I am dying to drive it!!! Even in the rain with race tires that are bald!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
I'm all set up to have my SL55 done Monday. VR550 and a Johnson pump. Should be done Wed and I have a long drive back from Houston to Dallas to let it stretch her new legs. I'll give everyone a writeup and pre/post dynos when I get back.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Ted,

I was singing the same song.. I had the same problem with the recall during the period that you & Chiromikey did but alot of people just thought it was an imaginary issue.. If you don't experience the powerloss of the recall yourself, its hard to appreciate someone else trying to explain it to you using words over the internet.

I told everyone to stay away from the dealer and to make sure the recall flash was not done. Problem was some of those people were driving 2005 cars which didnt suffer as badly as the 2003 cars did.. this is where people looked and said we were crazy... We didnt know back then that the different model years responded differently to the recall.

Now we have all the concrete data to support our theories.

Soooo... How was the drive? It'll be even stronger once you put 200miles on it and the ECU fully adapts... Have fun but keep the shiney side up!
...........there are a of people driving Kleemann AMGV8K cars or Renntech ones who are currently driving around knowingly or perhaps unknowingly with this load limit on their cars. I understand that they can easily send their ECU to one of your facilities and get the load limits removed, by having their ECU's flashed. My question is, those with Kleemann headers also have the CEL from the programmed off by Kleemann. As you know Kleemann headers result in one set of CATs being removed. Will having your guys flash a Kleemann ECU make the CEL come back? Thanks.

Ted
Old 01-22-2008, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
what does this load limit look like? Would it show up as a power drop after 5000 RPM?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:23 PM

06 e55 wagon
Originally Posted by bfnnrgn
I'm all set up to have my SL55 done Monday. VR550 and a Johnson pump. Should be done Wed and I have a long drive back from Houston to Dallas to let it stretch her new legs. I'll give everyone a writeup and pre/post dynos when I get back.
Stock pulley or?

edit: sorry I see you said VR550 which includes the pulley ... can't wait to hear about the results!

Last edited by joshd; 01-22-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:25 PM

06 e55 wagon
Originally Posted by psk145
what does this load limit look like? Would it show up as a power drop after 5000 RPM?
Check out the red line in the graph on post 64 ...
Old 01-22-2008, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65
Originally Posted by joshd
Stock pulley or?
It's completely stock now. It will have the VRP pulley and thier new ECU tune when I bring it back.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Ted,

We can disable the O2 sensors so that there is no CEL.

We are working on special pricing for anyone that has a competitive ECU tune (ie. existing Kleemann, Renntech, Evotech, or anyone elses) who wants to switch to our VRP tune ...

We'll announce info in the next few days.. just working out the details right now.

...........there are a of people driving Kleemann AMGV8K cars or Renntech ones who are currently driving around knowingly or perhaps unknowingly with this load limit on their cars. I understand that they can easily send their ECU to one of your facilities and get the load limits removed, by having their ECU's flashed. My question is, those with Kleemann headers also have the CEL from the programmed off by Kleemann. As you know Kleemann headers result in one set of CATs being removed. Will having your guys flash a Kleemann ECU make the CEL come back? Thanks.

Ted
Old 01-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by psk145
HAHA!! That's your tune!! yes, it is exactly what that is. Just when your pulley is putting out psi, the ECU shuts it down by dumping fuel and it can only be "tuned" to do otherwise!!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Hey Ted,

We can disable the O2 sensors so that there is no CEL.

We are working on special pricing for anyone that has a competitive ECU tune (ie. existing Kleemann, Renntech, Evotech, or anyone elses) who wants to switch to our VRP tune ...

We'll announce info in the next few days.. just working out the details right now.
...........thanks. I'm looking forward to it.

Ted
Old 01-22-2008, 10:45 PM

2015 SL65, 2015 S63, 2019 Trackhawk, 2012 RR SC
Are there different level of tunes (ex. Pulley/ECU vs. Pulley/EVU/TB/Headers/93) or does one version fit all?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:08 PM

06 e55 wagon
Originally Posted by Litho
Are there different level of tunes (ex. Pulley/ECU vs. Pulley/EVU/TB/Headers/93) or does one version fit all?
hmm, this is a good question. I assume Jangy's car is being tuned and logged on 91 octane? Have you thought about a 93 octane tune with more aggressive timing advance targets for those of us with access to better gas or is it not worth it?

With respect to tuning, I really miss the Evo. Open source flashing with full access to all the maps + data logging for free. I used to data log on the way to work every day then view the data and modify boost, fueling, timing, and mivec (cam angle advance/retard) maps at lunch, flash the new maps before leaving via the OBDII port and then data log on the way home. I'm guessing that will never come to the MB world ...

Last edited by joshd; 01-22-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Is the same possible for new Evos?

hmm, this is a good question. I assume Jangy's car is being tuned and logged on 91 octane? Have you thought about a 93 octane tune with more aggressive timing advance targets for those of us with access to better gas or is it not worth it?

With respect to tuning, I really miss the Evo. Open source flashing with full access to all the maps + data logging for free. I used to data log on the way to work every day then view the data and modify boost, fueling, timing, and mivec (cam angle advance/retard) maps at lunch, flash the new maps before leaving via the OBDII port and then data log on the way home. I'm guessing that will never come to the MB world ...
Old 01-23-2008, 01:02 AM

06 e55 wagon
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB
If you mean the Evo X (ten), I don't think so yet. OpenECU lists Evo X support as under development ...

http://www.openecu.org/index.php?tit...VehicleSupport

sorry for the
Old 01-23-2008, 02:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Litho
It would simply be a tweak of the same tune. The key was learning what each code in the ecu does and what combination does what. Once you have the "library", you can make changes as the data suggests.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

2 things. See my previous post about the real beauty of the work that Vadim and Jeremy did. They now know what levers to turn. If you want a more aggressive timing map, they now know how to do that WITHOUT just guessing. It is a complete tune.

Edit: forgot the second. Don't be so sure that the MB world won't be seeing more and more of just that. The 63s, almost force some other way to influence the ecu.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB

OT, get it outta here!!
Old 01-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I finally caught a ride up to Costa Mesa to grab my car and just got home.

I am at a loss for words on the tune. Remember when the car was new and on contis? You'd pin it and it literally felt like it was gonna take off!! After some time that feeling fades and the TQ becomes "normal". Well, she is BACK!! It pulls like a beast from the bottom to 6500 rpm. 3rd gear runs on the highway are just BUTTER!! Ran into a White M5 (wheels and exhaust at least) and tried to play, but he wasn't into it. Almost took the bait once or twice, but he backed off . The power is just nice.

Things besides the power that i am impressed about:

The band is SMOOTH as SILK (for an E55).
Top end is awesome (and I don't even have the TB, yet )
The shift points are seamless!
Engagements are MUCH smoother.
More, but I am really speachless.

I have to give a huge ups to Vadim and Jeremy (and their respect companies) for doing this project out of pure faith that the enthusiasts would appreciate it. Obviously, I am THRILLED to have something that I wasn't sure would ever come about....... a custom tune, literally. But, many of the members here with pulleys and other mods will be very happy with the results. We finally have a tune for the E55 that is actually worth noting!
BRAVO!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** VR550 for M113 55 Kompressor ***