Sprint Booster: To keep or not?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Sprint Booster: To keep or not?

I wanted to get some feedback from people that have modded cars and the Sprint Booster. On a stock E55, i already know I like it. The thing is that I am now modding the car and I am wondering if it still fits in with the package. I guess i would assume that the ECU tune would do whatever it is that the Sprint Booster does.
I would normally just leave it be, but I am really having some huge launch issues and the Booster can't be helping that. All I had on it was a pulley. What is worse, is I was running Yokohama AO48 (R rated) tires in a 295 width and it just wouldn't stop spinning.
I guess we'll see when the mods are done. It'll be off, but I may plug it back in and see what it does.

Anyone else with the ASP, EVOtech, or VRP pulley running the Sprint Booster?
Old 12-25-2007, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
Originally Posted by jangy
I wanted to get some feedback from people that have modded cars and the Sprint Booster. On a stock E55, i already know I like it. The thing is that I am now modding the car and I am wondering if it still fits in with the package. I guess i would assume that the ECU tune would do whatever it is that the Sprint Booster does.
I would normally just leave it be, but I am really having some huge launch issues and the Booster can't be helping that. All I had on it was a pulley. What is worse, is I was running Yokohama AO48 (R rated) tires in a 295 width and it just wouldn't stop spinning.
I guess we'll see when the mods are done. It'll be off, but I may plug it back in and see what it does.

Anyone else with the ASP, EVOtech, or VRP pulley running the Sprint Booster?
Jangy,

have RENNtech stage 3 w/ amg sprint booster now. no issue and runs perfect. will be installing RT TB & HE soon and plan to keep booster on. a friend & fellow member here runs stage 4+ w/ amg booster and no issues at all from what i have heard. hope helps.

Todd
Old 12-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Yeah, i have the AMG one as well and have been happy with it, so i'll likely keep it.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:52 PM

'11/E63-Former car: '05 RT4 E55, Sprintbooster, Phenolic Spacers, RT IC /Secondary HE & BMC Filters
Yeah, i have the AMG one as well and have been happy with it, so i'll likely keep it.
would vote keep, if you are good with it.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I am. i may as well keep it for now and see what happens.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:21 PM

I am. i may as well keep it for now and see what happens.
agree. think you'll be just fine.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:35 PM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Jangy,

I have K2, VRP 80mm TB, VRP air box, VRP anti-slip tensioner, IC upgrade/separation. I still MUCH prefer the Sprint Booster on. I have taken it off twice to check and still find it more fun to drive with it. I do have a LSD and I do not have a traction problem unless I want one.

I would recommend leaving it in, the immediate punch can't be beat.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Yeah, it may be a bit of a learning thing, too. I had the stock power pretty dialed in, but maybe I just didn't get enough seat time to get it better. i am serious when I say that I could NOT floor the car the entire time it was in first gear. Even when I let go and punch again, it still spun. Stock, it would spin, I'd let off a hair and then punch again and all was well.
I was chasing BlueMonster in his ML63 from ligfht to light and I was just OUT OF CONTROL!!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Yeah, it may be a bit of a learning thing, too. I had the stock power pretty dialed in, but maybe I just didn't get enough seat time to get it better. i am serious when I say that I could NOT floor the car the entire time it was in first gear. Even when I let go and punch again, it still spun. Stock, it would spin, I'd let off a hair and then punch again and all was well.
I was chasing BlueMonster in his ML63 from ligfht to light and I was just OUT OF CONTROL!!
That is the best part of having the SprintBooster
Old 12-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
That is the best part of having the SprintBooster

I'll be honest, it is fun on the road, but I'm already getting psyched for the drag races against the 63s. i don't want to blow a launch. That track at Fontana was like glue that day. Maybe I just got spoiled there and then got my pulley right after, so I am just expecting it to launch that way. Maybe I'll slap on the DRs and go for a spin to see if that helps. I just wanna be ready for January!!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:01 AM
dsc

2004 E55
Do you have an LSD?
Old 12-26-2007, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I'll be honest, it is fun on the road, but I'm already getting psyched for the drag races against the 63s. i don't want to blow a launch. That track at Fontana was like glue that day. Maybe I just got spoiled there and then got my pulley right after, so I am just expecting it to launch that way. Maybe I'll slap on the DRs and go for a spin to see if that helps. I just wanna be ready for January!!
Yes, the track at Fontana has the best prep I've seen yet. They make it so sticky that traction problems become a non-issue. I almost never lose traction there no matter how hard I launch.
However, you are ultimately right though: the SprintBooster will sometimes hurt more than help on the track. When I had my C32, I consistently got better times without it than with it just because of traction loss. I can imagine the problem being 10 times worse on a 55k engine. To resolve this, I would take off the SprintBooster when I'm on the track and put it back on afterwords. Driving with the SprintBooster is well worth it though

I say try it at Fontana, if you still suffer too much traction loss, take it off. It doesn't take long to remove and install.....
Old 12-26-2007, 01:46 PM

E55
I had talked to Oliver about the sprintbooster and he said I could take that off if I am getting my ECU tune.

When I went roadracing, I took it off. I probably could have driven the car with it on though.

If I was going to take it to drag racing I would probably take it off since there doesn't seem to be any advantage there and it may hurt.

Try it with and without and let us know.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by dsc
Jangy,

I have K2, VRP 80mm TB, VRP air box, VRP anti-slip tensioner, IC upgrade/separation. I still MUCH prefer the Sprint Booster on. I have taken it off twice to check and still find it more fun to drive with it. I do have a LSD and I do not have a traction problem unless I want one.

I would recommend leaving it in, the immediate punch can't be beat.
+1...pretty much the same setup (right now...can't wait) and I have no real problems with SB. My car has a hair trigger at times but I like the instant on feeling now.

I may consider removing it for the track, though.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
LOL.. You got "stuff" on your car now.. You dont need no SprintBooster... LOL..

Old 12-28-2007, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
i still dont get what the sprintbooster does, does it make your car faster, or just feel faster...can some 1 explain in ENGLISH what the sprint booster does, is it just for yourself AND having fun, or does it HELP YOUR CAR IN ANYWAY...AND IF SO WHAT WAY
Old 12-28-2007, 05:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Originally Posted by PerisanGodFatha
i still dont get what the sprintbooster does, does it make your car faster, or just feel faster...can some 1 explain in ENGLISH what the sprint booster does, is it just for yourself AND having fun, or does it HELP YOUR CAR IN ANYWAY...AND IF SO WHAT WAY
It changes the sensitivity of the throttle - more sensitive. So smaller movements of the throttle result in greater acceleration. It DOESNT change the wide-open throttle performance of the car ie. it doesn't make additional hp.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
Originally Posted by OzE55
It changes the sensitivity of the throttle - more sensitive. So smaller movements of the throttle result in greater acceleration. It DOESNT change the wide-open throttle performance of the car ie. it doesn't make additional hp.
i once read that your car is slower at the top end because it uses most its power downlow with the sprintbooster, Im not sure but thats somthing I heard...So I was wondering, if it is more sensitive at the throttle, how about on the fwy, do you loose response at high end, or is it just more sensitive at all stages
Old 12-28-2007, 12:33 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I have R/T Stage 5 with my Sprint Booster and I love it. There was a bit of a learning curve on how to launch the car from a dig but from a roll, it's insane. No matter what the speed, the short lag that used to exist with the stock set up is now gone and I'm able to get out on cars that previously would get the jump on me.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Rudyrono
I have R/T Stage 5 with my Sprint Booster and I love it. There was a bit of a learning curve on how to launch the car from a dig but from a roll, it's insane. No matter what the speed, the short lag that used to exist with the stock set up is now gone and I'm able to get out on cars that previously would get the jump on me.
Do you find when you first start the car that we have more of a hair trigger feeling with the accelerator? It seems to relax a bit more once I have driven the car for longer period of time. Other than the initial jumpiness, I love it in my car.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:32 PM
dsc

2004 E55
Sometimes when I pull out of the drive way and accelerate onto the street it seems to jump and give me a little excitment but I think that is due to me giving too much throttle input. I then relax my input and calm the jumpiness. I like the jumpiness in that case because at low speed it reminds me how powerful the car is. I don't think it is due to the Sprint Booster so much as me driving the Booster like I do my wife's car. Most cars need a lot of input to buck the engine to life.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:54 PM

2003 e55
jangy, my honest honest opinion about this... i truely truely think......
U SHOULD GET RID OF IT!
now how much u want for it? hehehe jk
Old 12-28-2007, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
do you guys think that people that dont have it should stay away, or do you say hands down everybody should have it...do you guys recomend getting it
Old 12-28-2007, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by PerisanGodFatha
do you guys think that people that dont have it should stay away, or do you say hands down everybody should have it...do you guys recomend getting it
I would definately get it for everyday driving. It adds a little excitement into the driving experience. But I would not use it on the track.

Another disadvantage of having the SprintBooster is when you take the car to the dealership or a detailer or a valet parker, or even a mechanic, there is always a risk that they will lose control in a tight place. When they press on the throttle, they are not expecting that quick of a response with that much power. And if something happens to be close to them at the time, they will hit it whether they are backing up or moving forward. The problem is exaggerated even further if the car is modded.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:59 PM
dsc

2004 E55
It's an everyday driver tool
Cadillac asks in an ad "when you turn your car on, does it return the favor?" That's how the Sprint Booster is.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster: To keep or not?