W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

A friend in need...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend in need...

Dear Friends,
Many of you know that maintaining, driving and restoring old Porsches is both a hobby and passion for me. There is an online community in the form of a bulletin board that has become an amazing technical resource for the hobby. This board is frequented by a few amazingly bright individuals who freely share their wisdom and experience so that others may benefit. Warren Hall from San Angelo, Texas, is one of the most prolific resources we have.

I write to you today on his behalf. Warren, known as Early S Man on the Pelican Parts Bulletin Boards, is in St Paul Hospital in Dallas TX in need of a lung transplant due to his lifelong struggle with Cystic Fibrosis. Warren has been a tireless contributor to the Porsche hobby and long time Porsche enthusiast.

Warren is caught in the grip of a broken health care system. He does not have insurance, but has assets that do not quickly allow him into the Medicare/Medicaid system. The surgery and aftercare is expected to cost $500,000 and the hospital will not consider him a candidate until he can prove his ability to pay. Warren's other challenge is time. His Doctor has given him 3 - 4 months to live without the transplant. We need to raise minimum of $350,000 in the next 30 days to get him in the system and on the transplant list.

I am writing you today in hopes that you will help by generously contributing to the fund set up to pay for the procedure. Some long time board members on Pelican have started a fund and collected over $10,000 in less than 24 hours. I'm asking you to visit the thread at http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=384258 and contribute to this fund. Warren deserves our help and WE can make a difference and help save his life. Please visit and give generously.

Thanks for your consideration,

Moses
Old 12-31-2007, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG, 2002 Porsche 996 TT, 2004 BMW x5 4.8is, 2004 F360
My thoughts and prayers go out to Warren.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by tthoang1
My thoughts and prayers go out to Warren.
+1

I wish him the best of luck and a healthy recovery.