Sponsored by:

E55 Buying Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 R230 (Sold) 2000 SL Edition 320
E55 Buying Advice

Hi folks, newbie here, a thread in the W211 E55 section of benzworld forums pointed me here for far more E55 info.

Indeed there is, but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of buying tips or what to watch out for info.

I've just noticed recently that the E55 now seems affordable, but by that i'm thinking of an earlier car or perhaps higher mileage example, possibly now outwith warranty.

I feel the W210 E55 was a fairly bulletproof proposition, but is it the same for the 211 ??

Even if anyone can point me to any threads i've missed, that would be much appreciated,

Many Thanks!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:28 AM
kip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by silver50
Hi folks, newbie here, a thread in the W211 E55 section of benzworld forums pointed me here for far more E55 info.

Indeed there is, but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of buying tips or what to watch out for info.

I've just noticed recently that the E55 now seems affordable, but by that i'm thinking of an earlier car or perhaps higher mileage example, possibly now outwith warranty.

I feel the W210 E55 was a fairly bulletproof proposition, but is it the same for the 211 ??

Even if anyone can point me to any threads i've missed, that would be much appreciated,

Many Thanks!
-The car has to have a warranty, parts are expensive. Check front brake discs before buying: cracks, are they worn out.
-Intercooler pump issue. The car has to light up the rear tires when you floor the pedal.

Check this thread also...
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=kip+guide
Old 01-08-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 R230 (Sold) 2000 SL Edition 320
Cars seem good

on the whole to me, as it seems there are not too many specific issues.

I've had 7 series BMW's recently which i've bought with and kept under warranty, the warranty is great for piece of mind, but expensive to renew and looking back I probably would have saved money by forking out myself for a few major repairs!

I suppose this quandry is part of the modern car problem of mega complexity, posing worries for potential buyers of cars which are looking attractive because thier prices are falling. Cheap enough to buy outright perhaps but not cheap enough to dispose of if a huge main dealer bill looms!

Anyway, must try and get a test thrash, oops I mean drive, in an E55