Sponsored by:

Transmission issues after return from service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 ML350
Transmission issues after return from service

I did a search on this forum but couldn't find an exact reference, so I'm throwing it into the community and hope someone has an answer for me before I see the dealer next week.

After 5 weeks' of repair for rear ending another car (wife was driving and was a very light hit in traffic...and damage limited to mostly cosmetic, replaced radiator and one head light), the car has been back for one week but I'm noticing two disturbing issues.

Firstly, the transmission now often feels like it's "slipping" for the lack of a better description, especially in situations such as turning when getting off the brake and on to the throttle and seems to catch the transmission snoozing - feels like traction control working but it isn't and it's a horrible shunt. And twice now moving from a standing start, the transmission again feels like it's caught off guard - the revs flare and then the transmission engages and the car lurches forward, but initially with no thrust whatsoever. When the repair was completed, the car went through what the dealer called a final QC where updates may have been implemented - did they change the transmission software? FWIW the build date is 7/07 on the car and the transmission mode used is "S".

Secondly, I'm getting a "Check oil level at next fuel stop" warning regularly, but no ominous warning otherwise so will have have it checked also at the service appointment.

But the transmission issue is really boggling my mind and I hope some of your E63 resident experts can share some thoughts for consideration.

TIA.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
My first guess would be low tranny fluid level. If it is indeed slipping that is common culprit.