W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

i got kicked out...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2008 | 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i got kicked out...

we had a rare cold spell here in az so i decided to drop by firebird raceway tonight after work. temps actually dropped into the high 40's by the time i got to make any runs. this is rare for us and actually dropped our da down to 2016ft. i know that's not exciting to you guys on the coast with your zero or even negative da but for us this is racing weather.

unfortunately pinks was filming their new gameshow, "pass line" (or something like that) where contestants guess the et of randomly chosen cars based upon asking questions to the driver about his car. the closest to the et wins money. it was boring in person so i can't imagine it being too exciting on speedtv but i guess we'll see in a month or so. lou's sl65 ran an 11.1!!! i doubt any of the contestants could have guessed that. now the reason i say this was unfortunate was because we waited around for hours for that to finish up so we could run...which means i only got 5 runs.

anyways i ran 4 11.53's altering launch rpms and pedal modulation...seeing if anything could be done to get my 60' time to change from the same old 1.70-1.73 (regardless of 19" street tires or 16" d/r's)...nothing worked. the best results are still obtained by launching off idle. as soon as i did that i ran my 11.48 @ 122mph which got me kicked off the track for going too quick without a roll cage. ironically that still didn't change my 1.71 60' time but the car just behaves better when launching off idle instead of getting confused when trying to interpret what we're wanting when we're pressing the brake and gas pedals at the same time.

fyi, this was my first run since grenading my stock diff and i can say with little doubt that the quaffe lsd does nothing to improve 1/4mile times.

Last edited by chiromikey; 01-19-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 01-19-2008 | 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by chiromikey
we had a rare cold spell here in az so i decided to drop by firebird raceway tonight after work. temps actually dropped into the high 40's by the time i got to make any runs. this is rare for us and actually dropped our da down to 2016ft. i know that's not exciting to you guys on the coast with your zero or even negative da but for us this is racing weather.

unfortunately pinks was filming their new gameshow, "pass line" (or something like that) where contestants guess the et of randomly chosen cars based upon asking questions to the driver about his car. the closest to the et wins money. it was boring in person so i can't imagine it being too exciting on speedtv but i guess we'll see in a month or so. lou's sl65 ran an 11.1!!! i doubt any of the contestants could have guessed that. now the reason i say this was unfortunate was because we waited around for hours for that to finish up so we could run...which means i only got 5 runs

anyways i ran 4 11.53's altering launch rpms and pedal modulation...seeing if anything could be done to get my 60' time to change from the same old 1.70-1.73 (regardless of 19" street tires or 16" d/r's)...nothing worked. the best results are still obtained by launching off idle. as soon as i did that i ran my 11.48 @ 122mph. ironically that still didn't change my 1.71 60' time but the car just behaves better when launching off idle instead of getting confused when trying to interpret what we're wanting when we're pressing the brake and gas pedals at the same time.

fyi, this was my first run since grenading my stock diff and i can say with little doubt that the quaffe lsd does nothing to improve 1/4mile times.
Seems like ideal conditions in AZ...Man your car would fly at Sac or Famoso.
I concur on leaving off idle but the E55driver who achieves the besttimes at Fontana power brakes also hitting 1.7 60 ft times? Great runs sounds like a heck of a time. Glad your car held up.
Old 01-19-2008 | 04:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)

unfortunately pinks was filming their new gameshow, "pass line" (or something like that) where contestants guess the et of randomly chosen cars based upon asking questions to the driver about his car. the closest to the et wins money. it was boring in person so i can't imagine it being too exciting on speedtv but i guess we'll see in a month or so. lou's sl65 ran an 11.1!!! i doubt any of the contestants could have guessed that. now the reason i say this was unfortunate was because we waited around for hours for that to finish up so we could run...which means i only got 5 runs.

anyways i ran 4 11.53's altering launch rpms and pedal modulation...seeing if anything could be done to get my 60' time to change from the same old 1.70-1.73 (regardless of 19" street tires or 16" d/r's)...nothing worked. the best results are still obtained by launching off idle. as soon as i did that i ran my 11.48 @ 122mph which got me kicked off the track for going too quick without a roll cage. ironically that still didn't change my 1.71 60' time but the car just behaves better when launching off idle instead of getting confused when trying to interpret what we're wanting when we're pressing the brake and gas pedals at the same time.

chiromikey...that is phenomenal!!!!! On the launch...did you feather the throttle until you got the wheels rolling and then "gradually" increase throttle to say half way down then smash it to the floor? I'm still working on the my throttle "release"...I get that at the top you "ease" in to it, but as a newbie I'm having a harder time not just smashing the throttle to the floor after that initial roll (that's where my wheels are still spinning and I lose time)...it's that part after the first release of the throttle I need to work on...
Old 01-19-2008 | 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Good runs...what are you mods so far ???

If you still dont have ECU adhjusted then you dont get good TOP end...with diff ECU adjsutments my car differ by 0.2-0.3 in 1/4...You need AF 12-12.5 and you do low 11s...

Qualife doesnt work on the track cause you got this stick staff and it doesnt matter even DR dont help much but on regular road with regualr tyres it should help no ???

What is your overall impressions after installation of LSD ???
Old 01-19-2008 | 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Nice job!!

Idle launch works wonders. Still amazes me.

Thanks for the feedback on the quaife LSD.
Old 01-19-2008 | 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGfan
chiromikey...that is phenomenal!!!!! On the launch...did you feather the throttle until you got the wheels rolling and then "gradually" increase throttle to say half way down then smash it to the floor? I'm still working on the my throttle "release"...I get that at the top you "ease" in to it, but as a newbie I'm having a harder time not just smashing the throttle to the floor after that initial roll (that's where my wheels are still spinning and I lose time)...it's that part after the first release of the throttle I need to work on...
pedal control depends entirely on track prep. firebird ussually has marginal traction except when pinks is in town or the big boys are getting ready for the nhra nationals. they've just repaved the first 200ft of track and with pinks running yesterday and nhra coming this week the track was hooking up better than i've ever seen it.

with that said, ussually i can only "quickly mash" the gas but last night i could stomp as hard as i wanted an not even get a chirp out of the tires. it took me 3 runs to really trust how well it was hooking but it was nice to not have to worry about traction for a change.
Old 01-19-2008 | 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by juicee63
Seems like ideal conditions in AZ...Man your car would fly at Sac or Famoso.
I concur on leaving off idle but the E55driver who achieves the besttimes at Fontana power brakes also hitting 1.7 60 ft times? Great runs sounds like a heck of a time. Glad your car held up.
Actually Shawn got a 1.68 60' time yesterday also

And somehow he was able to manage a 1.86 60' time in a stock 63 on street tires

I'm not sure if he power-brakes in his E55 though. Also, on his 12.42 run in my car, he said he didn't power brake. He said he easied into the throttle then floored it. He was trying many different techniques yesterday
Old 01-19-2008 | 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Good runs...what are you mods so far ???

If you still dont have ECU adhjusted then you dont get good TOP end...with diff ECU adjsutments my car differ by 0.2-0.3 in 1/4...You need AF 12-12.5 and you do low 11s...

Qualife doesnt work on the track cause you got this stick staff and it doesnt matter even DR dont help much but on regular road with regualr tyres it should help no ???

What is your overall impressions after installation of LSD ???
no, i still don't have my ecu tuned properly and i know there's still some meat left on the table because of how rich it's running. when kleemann was finally ready to tune it evoms o2 sensor took a crap half way through my first dyno run so we didn't get anything done. immediately after that i ate the diff so i haven't had a chance to let kleemann have a shot again.

the quaiffe means nothing to me. i don't pretend this is a road race car so the only reason for me to have replaced my broken diff with a quaiffe was that it was cheaper than an oem unit. i do find getting sideways around corners to be entirely predictable now if that something you're interested in.
Old 01-19-2008 | 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
good job bro 11.4 is fast! can someone please show this thread to jangy? 60' times are the same with 16 inch rims or 19 inch rims. once again conratz on your time. is it a record for you?
Old 01-19-2008 | 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
good job bro 11.4 is fast! can someone please show this thread to jangy? 60' times are the same with 16 inch rims or 19 inch rims. once again conratz on your time. is it a record for you?
Yeah Mikey is this your B E S T!!!

Poor rocket has to deal with crappy a** Sacramento. I still say Speedworld was as good as I have ever seen.. Man today would be great maybe I will drive down for the SAT NIGHT or Sunday morning drags???
Old 01-19-2008 | 01:24 PM

SL65 AMG
The 65 that ran was a renntech car correct? Do you recall what his trap speed was? Is he the same guy that got a 10 out of the 65 but then his tranny went south and had to be shipped to RT for upgrades?
Old 01-19-2008 | 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
no, i still don't have my ecu tuned properly and i know there's still some meat left on the table because of how rich it's running. when kleemann was finally ready to tune it evoms o2 sensor took a crap half way through my first dyno run so we didn't get anything done. immediately after that i ate the diff so i haven't had a chance to let kleemann have a shot again.

the quaiffe means nothing to me. i don't pretend this is a road race car so the only reason for me to have replaced my broken diff with a quaiffe was that it was cheaper than an oem unit. i do find getting sideways around corners to be entirely predictable now if that something you're interested in.
I woudnt bother with Kleemann ECU cuase Kleemann car all run rich...they make then rich to be safe...One of the main Kleemann tech from Denmark is working for my friend (Russia Kleemann distributor) now...I've spoked to him many times about it...You wont get anywhere near 12-12.5 with Kleemann...Perhaphs Powerchip or VRP can help you out...or Evotech...but I've seen Evotech car here been runing way too lean...I would find good local chiptuner (Evoms) near your and start from the scratch of you want to be adble to adjust you AFRs to new mods !!!

So you feel that LSD does not help you on regular road to get a better launch. you get same ESP interaction and dont get better traction ???
Old 01-19-2008 | 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yeah Mikey is this your B E S T!!!

Poor rocket has to deal with crappy a** Sacramento. I still say Speedworld was as good as I have ever seen.. Man today would be great maybe I will drive down for the SAT NIGHT or Sunday morning drags???
yes, this is my best...and likely the best i'll be able to do at firebird unless i finally get a proper tune or add more mods. speedworld has always been a little faster than firebird so i might have a bit of improvement if i run there.
Old 01-19-2008 | 02:38 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Mikey!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!! Big Congrats!!

We can do the fine tuning on the ECU for you.. Just get your car over to our California shop and Vadim can do a custom tune on the dyno for you!

Its only 5-6hrs away from you so a flatbed can get the car back and forth for you. Food for thought.
Old 01-19-2008 | 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
yes, this is my best...and likely the best i'll be able to do at firebird unless i finally get a proper tune or add more mods. speedworld has always been a little faster than firebird so i might have a bit of improvement if i run there.
Hey there chiromikey:

GREAT run

Do you really thing the Quaifi is worthless? I have been pondering about it for my C32 and have tried EVERY other posi company, Auborn, Moroso, Detroit, etc, under the sun, in an effort to get one at a reasonable cost. $2000 for a posi is a bad night mare at best, or a r_ping at worst. Anyway, do you see ANY benefit from it

Thanks!!

See yeah
Old 01-19-2008 | 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Hey there chiromikey:

GREAT run

Do you really thing the Quaifi is worthless? I have been pondering about it for my C32 and have tried EVERY other posi company, Auborn, Moroso, Detroit, etc, under the sun, in an effort to get one at a reasonable cost. $2000 for a posi is a bad night mare at best, or a r_ping at worst. Anyway, do you see ANY benefit from it

Thanks!!

See yeah

It workd great on a road course. It has never helped much if at all on the drag strip, maybe a more even burnout
Old 01-19-2008 | 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
It workd great on a road course. It has never helped much if at all on the drag strip, maybe a more even burnout
Thanks juicee

see yeah
Old 01-19-2008 | 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Hey there chiromikey:

GREAT run

Thanks!!

See yeah
it's not "worthless" but it's not needed for the type of driving i do or a necessary "mod" if someone is looking for an improvement in straight line acceleration. however, for these cars it's a great product at a decent price considering the alternatives. now if i used this car for canyon runs or something of that nature i'm sure the quaiffe's benefits would really become apparent.
Old 01-19-2008 | 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
The 65 that ran was a renntech car correct? Do you recall what his trap speed was? Is he the same guy that got a 10 out of the 65 but then his tranny went south and had to be shipped to RT for upgrades?
yes, it's a renntech car and yes, it has run a 10.8 at speedworld. i'm not sure about the tranny.
Old 01-19-2008 | 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
it's not "worthless" but it's not needed for the type of driving i do or a necessary "mod" if someone is looking for an improvement in straight line acceleration. however, for these cars it's a great product at a decent price considering the alternatives. now if i used this car for canyon runs or something of that nature i'm sure the quaiffe's benefits would really become apparent.
Thanks chiromikey

See yeah

PS: Again, GREAT run
Old 01-19-2008 | 05:44 PM

'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
Great runs! and great looking Duc.
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Awesome run especially considering the DA
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

btw, there was a beautiful cls55 in black with what looked to be at least 21's or 22's. poor thing was running mid 14's...how much was driver compared to those rims i don't know but it was disappointing.
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
btw, there was a beautiful cls55 in black with what looked to be at least 21's or 22's. poor thing was running mid 14's...how much was driver compared to those rims i don't know but it was disappointing.

sounds like a rebadged 500....they run 14 seconds a 55 even on 22's shoulda hit 12.9-13.3@109-112. So are you going to SW tonight or tomorrow !!!
Old 01-19-2008 | 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FastDonzi
Great runs! and great looking Duc.
thanks! the duc looks quite a bit different now (obviously, i can't seem to leave well enough alone).

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Awesome run especially considering the DA
i was actually hoping the da was going to be even better. regardless, iirc 2016' is the best i can remember running around here. with my current set-up i run 11.58-11.64 in 3000' da so i dropped about a tenth. i'd sure love to run some of the tracks in your neck of the woods!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i got kicked out...