Sponsored by:

Twin Turbo 63 engined car...........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG E36...
Twin Turbo 63 engined car...........

Firstly I would like to say Hi I am new to these boards and I want to say its one of the best on the net...I love reading about you and your cars...Hopefully I can one day join the 63 engined "clan"...

I know that the car below is an ML but its the technical specifications that matter...I wouldnt mind seeing one in a E class...(although I myself prefer natural aspiration...Maybe someone will stroke it...!)

Enjoy!

http://www.modifiedcars.com/pictures...-ml-63-amg.htm

New challenges, new partnerships
Faced with the challenge of bringing out the full potential from the highly sophisticated V8 engine in the ML 63 AMG, the KLEEMANN R&D department chose a turbo solution over one of their efficient Kompressor systems. This is also the main reason KLEEMANN teamed up with their partner in Dubai, GAE German Automotive Engineering, from who they gained valuable and up-to-date turbo knowledge and experience.

Sophisticated technology
"The advanced triple throttle system on the AMG engine ensures remarkable power and torque on the normally aspirated engine, but its function is too sensitive for the constant boost pressure of the Kompressor. This is why we wanted to try turbocharging the engine instead, so the whole throttle system only recieved boost pressure under max load. This prooved successful and resulted on both enormous power and driveability, made possible through the new technology of stand alone engine management, which we are also currently using for our Kompressor systems" says Claus Ankjaer, technical director at KLEEMANN.

"We reduced the compression ratio from 11,3:1 to 9,7:1 to leave space for more turbo boost pressure and this was achieved by installing thicker and much stronger headgaskets. The 2 ballbearing Garrett turbochargers are placed behind the engine where they are mounted on modified KLEEMANN tubular headers and the exhaust gasses continue through special KLEEMANN turbo downpipes and a stainless steel high flow KLEEMANN exhaust system. For cool and efficient engine conditions, the pressurised intake air flows through 2 flat high capacity air-to-water intercoolers placed on top of the engine" Horst Busch, director at GAE German Automotive Engineering explains.

Speed and safety go hand in hand
This complete engine modification result in the awesome power output of 800 HP and torque electronically limited to 1000 Nm. The standard ML 63 AMG 7G Speedshift gearbox needed no modifications to handle the power increase and it easily transfers every horsepower through the 4-Matic drivetrain and out to each of the 20" KLEEMANN TS-7 wheels. Running on Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tires in the size 315/35 R20 and fitted with a KLEEMANN EBL suspension modification, the big SUV handles like a much smaller and lighter car.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Give me that for my CL63 please. Vrus, you need to start tuning the 63 engines for some more power and well of course TT.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG E36...
That would sure be some beast...
Old 01-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
LOL.. There is a CLK63 cab that will be our project car in California and it will be getting just that!

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Give me that for my CL63 please. Vrus, you need to start tuning the 63 engines for some more power and well of course TT.