Sponsored by:

Do I Have To Do This?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 WHITE RENNTECH E55
Do I Have To Do This?

For some reason, on my dash It just started to remind me that both of my maintenances are due (both B&C). I know its about that time for an oil change which is my main concern. MB wants to charge at least $300-$400 for each maintances (B&C) and they told me all it consists of, is that they check brake life, rotate tires, check hoses, air filter, etc. which for the most part I know how to do myself. I rather spend that $1000 or so dollars on a ELM or something of that nature instead of just checking stuff that is common sense. What Im really asking is that is there any very important stuff they might of failed to mention that I do need to get replaced or checked. I just dont want to give them them all that money for them to charge me 900 dollars in larbor just for checking the tire air pressures, tire life, air filter, and sht like that.

-Also what are common oil change prices for these monsters?
-And do you think it is worth it to have these schedule's done or Is it a waste of loot.
-Also are they charging me more money than you've seen at your local MB stealer.

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT APPRECIATED
Old 01-22-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by MOROSO55
For some reason, on my dash It just started to remind me that both of my maintenances are due (both B&C). I know its about that time for an oil change which is my main concern. MB wants to charge at least $300-$400 for each maintances (B&C) and they told me all it consists of, is that they check brake life, rotate tires, check hoses, air filter, etc. which for the most part I know how to do myself. I rather spend that $1000 or so dollars on a ELM or something of that nature instead of just checking stuff that is common sense. What Im really asking is that is there any very important stuff they might of failed to mention that I do need to get replaced or checked. I just dont want to give them them all that money for them to charge me 900 dollars in larbor just for checking the tire air pressures, tire life, air filter, and sht like that.

-Also what are common oil change prices for these monsters?
-And do you think it is worth it to have these schedule's done or Is it a waste of loot.
-Also are they charging me more money than you've seen at your local MB stealer.

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT APPRECIATED
I'm surprised it's only $300 to $400...If I was in your position and I will be once my factory warranty is up, I would take it to a MB/ASE trained mechanic. Luckily where I live (Tampa), there are several ex-MB mechanics that have setup shop.

I've been going to one for the past couple of years working on our cars that are out of MB warranty. He does the same stuff, actually repairs things, resets error or notification messages, and his labor rates are a little bit over half what MB charges.

I know right now that my mechanic charges $95 for an oil change and he was running a special last month for $85 oil change.

Good luck...
Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 AM

2011 BMW X5 SAV
Originally Posted by AMGfan
I'm surprised it's only $300 to $400...If I was in your position and I will be once my factory warranty is up, I would take it to a MB/ASE trained mechanic. Luckily where I live (Tampa), there are several ex-MB mechanics that have setup shop.

I've been going to one for the past couple of years working on our cars that are out of MB warranty. He does the same stuff, actually repairs things, resets error or notification messages, and his labor rates are a little bit over half what MB charges.

I know right now that my mechanic charges $95 for an oil change and he was running a special last month for $85 oil change.

Good luck...
Anybody know if any of those ex-MB mechanics are in Brooklyn, NY or around....? Or anybody good to perform maintanance regularly? Thanks...
Old 01-24-2008, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Tymah123
Anybody know if any of those ex-MB mechanics are in Brooklyn, NY or around....? Or anybody good to perform maintanance regularly? Thanks...
I have a guy in Long Island, he works for MB and is a master Tech, he does tech work as a side job as well. He has done many jobs for some of the members on this board including me. if you are interested shoot me a PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:09 PM

2011 BMW X5 SAV
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
I have a guy in Long Island, he works for MB and is a master Tech, he does tech work as a side job as well. He has done many jobs for some of the members on this board including me. if you are interested shoot me a PM.
PM sent, thanks in advance.