Why the hatred of Dynojet dynos??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Why the hatred of Dynojet dynos??

Talked with a few tuners over the past few weeks concerning my rich running issues and they all said the same thing, "What dyno did you use? Mustang?...GOOD!"

What up with the hatred for Dynojets. Seemed pretty nice to me when I went to the last one here in my area few years ago. (got sold and we are now Dynojet-less)
Old 01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i don't know much about any newer dynojet models but most units still in use can't simulate a load (read: road like or closer to real world conditions) like the mustang or dyno dynamics machines. if you can't do that, then it's not as valuable of a tuning tool as afr's aren't as accurate. an exagerated example would be like trying to tune a car by just revving the engine.

i'm sure others can give better pro/cons.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Talked with a few tuners over the past few weeks concerning my rich running issues and they all said the same thing, "What dyno did you use? Mustang?...GOOD!"

What up with the hatred for Dynojets. Seemed pretty nice to me when I went to the last one here in my area few years ago. (got sold and we are now Dynojet-less)
People tend to become caught up in the marketing which leads to fan-boys on both side of the fence. The bottom line is, use the same dyno and look at the delta and the afr's which are the most important. Once everything looks good take it to the most accurate dyno there is your local 1/4 mile track.

It's a tool nothing else and in my opinion the most important should be who is using said tool the best. Just my 2.

Last edited by rflow306; 01-30-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:37 PM
JKK
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi AS4
Originally Posted by Jakpro1

Not sure why Dynojets are hated, however; I have worked with several different kinds of Dynamometers and I think the Dynapack has the best set up for reducing variables. To reproduce results accurately takes a lot of work to make sure all of the factors are consistent. Some Dynamometers are better at this than others and may be more accurate. I would recommend finding a local tuner that uses the Dynapack set up so you can compare. Here is some tech info from their site http://www.dynapackusa.com/tech.htm Good luck.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS55, BMW 540, SUPRA
Dynos such as mustang dynos, DynoDynamics are able to put load on the car so they are great for tuning the low speed/streetability aspects of a car. For WOT runs there is really not much difference between a dynojet and a load bearing dyno.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
That's wierd....... there was a thread about this the other day except that it was saying that the Mustang Dynos are not good as the dynojets because the results from the mustangs are not reproducable easily
Old 01-30-2008, 08:33 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
That's wierd....... there was a thread about this the other day except that it was saying that the Mustang Dynos are not good as the dynojets because the results from the mustangs are not reproducable easily
thats what i've always thought. it used to be stay away from the mustangs but now more people turn to them over the others