W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Creative and RennTech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55
I hydrolocked the motor in a C-5 Corvette that I had in college, thanks to a poorly designed cold air intake. At the time, they were still fairly new, and the crate motor that I had to buy was very pricey for a college kid! The company was pretty well respected in the Corvette world, but the guy flat out lied to me and about me, so I went after him on the internet. He got most of his business from the Corvette forums, so I made it my mission to stalk every post that was made about the company or their products. Every time they were mentioned I posted right after they did. The guy came out on the forum and said I had single handedly almost put him out of business. I slept much better at night after hearing that! Jackasses like this almost always get what is coming to them. I hope it works out well for you.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by psuball1
That had to be me you spoke with!!

I have been working closely with all three of the tuners that have been working on my E55, including James!!! James has been very forthcoming about everything that has happened in the past and I have directly asked him if we will have any issues with my car. I know whatever I may say may not make other folks on the forum feel better but in my case I have had nothing but a great experience with James and Creative.
It was really nice to meet you.

I had to bite my tongue a bit there when we spoke.

If you wish to hear how they tried to install Audi A4 springs on my E46 M3 and in the process of installing the correct E46 M3 springs on my car stripped the threads of the rear trailing arm to the point of no-repair please PM me haha.

James can be as forthcoming as he wants to be, but it's how your car turns out in the end. If you hear his final resolution to my problem your jaw will drop.

Last edited by eightyseven; 02-05-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Received 798 Likes on 497 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by eightyseven

If you wish to hear how they tried to install Audi A4 springs on my E46 M3 and in the process of installing the correct E46 M3 springs on my car stripped the threads of the rear trailing arm to the point of no-repair please PM me haha.

James can be as forthcoming as he wants to be, but it's how your car turns out in the end. If you hear his final resolution to my problem your jaw will drop.

Do tell --- and I agree its about the finished product AND the service along the way. I will only go to reputable, established shops. Places like Evo, GMG, and HMS are places that have provided excellent service even in times of adversity (modwise).

Personally I have had good and bad experiences with James but fortunately chose the right products and mods to get installed thru him.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:55 PM

2004 E55 AMG
To be polite I will go straight to the point.

James himself was the INSTALLER of my TEIN S-Tech springs on my E46 M3, so the blame lies on him.

James himself stripped the trailing arm because he used an air wrench to seat and drive the bolt that connects the trailing arm and shock assembly.

A replacement rear trailing arm is ~ $550.

They spent ~ $5.00 on a longer bolt and washers. Note: This is the ONLY point where the car's weight is placed on the rear arm.

I was shocked.

I didn't want to hear his excuses any more so the next week I had the arm removed and replaced on my dime and coil overs installed. I sold the springs on E46 Fanatics.

I've learned my lesson on going to the cheapest place and getting instant gratification. The lesson cost me ~$2500 in all.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by psuball1
That had to be me you spoke with!!

I have been working closely with all three of the tuners that have been working on my E55, including James!!! James has been very forthcoming about everything that has happened in the past and I have directly asked him if we will have any issues with my car. I know whatever I may say may not make other folks on the forum feel better but in my case I have had nothing but a great experience with James and Creative.
You don't get the point. James and I had a good relationship early on. actually, it was my intention for him to be my tuner and I was planning on pimping a fully tricked RennTech car. When we did stage 1, of course I asked James if he knew what the hell he was doing. I asked who trained him and how many he had done. All of that.

The point is not that James Tries to mess it up. It is that I did not appreciate the followup AFTER things did go wrong. While things are working, it is all smiles and giggles.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I've told my E46 M3 horror story to whoever will listen and people still go there.

We've all heard/read about Jangy's troubles and I saw a E55 there getting engine mods installed LAST WEEK. (I was next door at Apexcone getting HIDs, NOT at Creative)

I don't know what to say anymore.

You were the only one that warned me before the Stage 1 and it is true that i did it anyway, because i thought I had a relationship. plus, at the time, he had a tech there that I trusted. i never expected to see James tr=urning a wrench on my car.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

Please keep that clean, since i need you
Old 02-06-2008, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Originally Posted by jangy
The point is not that James Tries to mess it up. It is that I did not appreciate the followup AFTER things did go wrong. While things are working, it is all smiles and giggles.
I think that's the case with most tuner/shops .
Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 PM

2004 E55 AMG
After reading my post I forgot to mention that the thing that really made me upset was he let me drive home (~30 miles) fully knowing the damage that was incurred and knowing that the bolt could move its way out of my shock/rear trailing arm assembly. He didn't even bother explaining what happened, I had to go home to my garage and in horror see that the noise I was hearing was my shock was no longer seated to my rear trailing arm.

I couldn't believe that they would intentionally hold information back that could affect my safety.

Last edited by eightyseven; 02-06-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Man, if I could only turn back time and listen when you warned me!!
Old 02-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Received 798 Likes on 497 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
After reading my post I forgot to mention that the thing that really made me upset was he let me drive home (~30 miles) fully knowing the damage that was incurred and knowing that the bolt could move its way out of my shock/rear trailing arm assembly. He didn't even bother explaining what happened, I had to go home to my garage and in horror see that the noise I was hearing was my shock was no longer seated to my rear trailing arm.

I couldn't believe that they would intentionally hold information back that could affect my safety.
Damn, is he that blind or that malicious. I know there is 3 sides to every story: Party A, Party B, and the truth but this too much for me. Sorry about all this.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Vic55
Damn, is he that blind or that malicious. I know there is 3 sides to every story: Party A, Party B, and the truth but this too much for me. Sorry about all this.

I can vouch for the story. There is always 3 sides, but that doesn't mean that one side don't smell.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:22 PM

To be polite I will go straight to the point.

James himself was the INSTALLER of my TEIN S-Tech springs on my E46 M3, so the blame lies on him.

James himself stripped the trailing arm because he used an air wrench to seat and drive the bolt that connects the trailing arm and shock assembly.

A replacement rear trailing arm is ~ $550.

They spent ~ $5.00 on a longer bolt and washers. Note: This is the ONLY point where the car's weight is placed on the rear arm.

I was shocked.

I didn't want to hear his excuses any more so the next week I had the arm removed and replaced on my dime and coil overs installed. I sold the springs on E46 Fanatics.

I've learned my lesson on going to the cheapest place and getting instant gratification. The lesson cost me ~$2500 in all.
eightyseven,

I'm sorry that you had such an experience with us, however I do not remember this instance, if you would PM me your name, so that I can look you up in our system that would be great.

As for the damages and repairs, if we did cause these issues and you did not feel comfortable with me or anyone else here touching your M, we would have simply have called Shane Nguyen, I'm sure you know who he is, as he does a lot of side work here. This way you could have been at ease with the installation of your trailing arm.

Also if you could let me know how the total out of pocket was $2500, did that include the new coilovers? Please PM if you would like to discuss this further.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:29 PM

It appears that some vital information was not disclosed or provided. As I have been PM'd a few times about this. I will only be making one post here, I hope that is it helpful.

As many of you know, Jangy's car was equipped with the RENNtech pulley on his car went down on Jan 27, 2007, and was taken in for repairs on 2/27/2007. The delay for the repairs was due to Jangy and I both waiting for the technician he requested to become available to do the repairs. His E55 was repaired and returned to him at no financial expense. If there were any financial expenses they were never disclosed to us. He was provided a rental car throughout the time his E55 was being repaired. He of course was given a complete refund, and was also offered a one time offer from us to pay for 3 months of his lease payments that he declined to accept.

This is all that I will say on this matter.

Thank you for your time.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:47 PM

2004 E55 AMG
You have a PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I left out vital information? OK, lets look into what info you have provided and what I have provided and lets see who is honest. Points that you bring up here:

"Jangy's car was equipped with the RENNtech pulley on his car went down on Jan 27, 2007"

True. Infact, I posted what happened that night.

"...was taken in for repairs on 2/27/2007"

Again true.

"The delay for the repairs was due to Jangy and I both waiting for the technician he requested to become available to do the repairs"

Not entirely. Again, if you look up the posts, you will note that I said that I was uncomfortable with CREATIVE doing the work. However, the delay was not an issue as I was more concerned with the car being repaired properly than the time.

"His E55 was repaired and returned to him at no financial expense."

To myself or Creative or RennTech. Watch that line. In fact, it will be interesting to see what the exact words are used under oath. But, it is true that the car was repaired and returned to me. I neither took the car to be repaired, nor did I go to get it.

"He was provided a rental car throughout the time his E55 was being repaired."

Once again at no expense to myself, Creative, or RennTech. Who paid, James? Why?
Also, why did I not get any compensation for the month that the car just sat?

"He of course was given a complete refund, and was also offered a one time offer from us to pay for 3 months of his lease payments that he declined to accept."

Now is where the vital info fades. Yes, I was given a complete refund AFTER I called and hounded and called and hounded. I was finally given the refund when I demanded MY damaged pulley (which would have made great evidence of what, tampering?). Even then, the CHECK BOUNCED!!

Now, as for the "offer". Yes, it was made and I did refuse it. It is too little, too late. I'll get those damages, easy. I want Creative and RennTech to face up to how they do business. I am the wrong person to try this stuff on.

You call me out, saying I didn't provide vital info? Ok, lets spill it all and see who has more to hide.

Keep in mind that I have proof towards all of the following:

Who paid to repair my car? Did RennTech know? Was RennTech aware of the damage to the motor? Did they know who did the install? Did RennTech know anything about the deal you made to make me whole, which you did not honor? I have a copy of your hand written plan on my refund slip, if you need a refresher? Should I go on? You know there is plenty more.

I'm as serious as a heart attack. You dare attack my credibility on a public forum that you are a sponsor of? Oh, I am sooooo ready for this. I will post DAILY reports of the findings. I've kept certain things quiet, but I have nothing to hide. Let's get it on and see who is truthful.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
You have a PM.

Why?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:58 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Trust me I didn't send him a love letter.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
To many small timers that just want to get it on the action.
Right on the money
Old 02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I've always thought Creative was a good reputable installer, but after reading this, I'm going to recommend avoiding them to everyone I know.

Fight this to the end Jangy, and if you need help, please let me know.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Thanks forever,

I'm so heated on this right now!! Hahaha!! he has "people" PMing him and I have my brother calling me!!!

I just don't understand the gaul it takes to make things personal? And making excuses and accusations? I've kept half quiet, because I did once consider him a friend and this is his livelihood. For me, it is where I vent and learn about my passins. I figured I would let it get with the usual banter. I never expected it to go personal, but then the text messages were downright tirades.

Either way, I'm glad they openned the flood gates. Now, maybe the "others" will be more willing to post details of their experiences at Creative.

Bbbzzzzz, BBzzzzzz. If you sleep with a wasp, don't be surpriZed if you get stung from time to time.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:39 AM

07 E63,03 c4s,01 tahoe, 00 RL
Hope this matter gets settled, its a shame so many pretenders exist in this tuning industry.
It's no wonder manufacturers flag modded cars, they have no faith in most. The one they did, they brought in house.

Good luck to all, I don't think there are any reasons not to share your negative experiences. Isn't this the purpose of having a public forum??
Old 02-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
The forums run for the sponsors. Right now, this one runs off of some "internet integrity", too. In the end, all the crap floats up. I just feel bad for the ones that get burned, especially if it is a pattern.

"It's on like donkey Kong"
Old 02-14-2008, 06:48 AM

E55
I am in a similiar boat with my Renntech pulley. It has a terrible wobble that the tuner claims is not covered under their or Renntech's warranty. I also get a nice little rattle when the s/c clutch engages as I think that it adds additional stress on the pulley.
Attached Thumbnails Creative and RennTech-car-009.jpg  
Old 02-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by supre55
I am in a similiar boat with my Renntech pulley. It has a terrible wobble that the tuner claims is not covered under their or Renntech's warranty. I also get a nice little rattle when the s/c clutch engages as I think that it adds additional stress on the pulley.
That ain't good. Where are you? Hit me up an email and I will help you out. If all you did as buy it and have it installed, then somebody's "warranty" will cover it (even if it is mine).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Creative and RennTech