E63 Vs E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by juicee63
You guys complaining about the performance level is silly, this car trumps 99.99% of all sedans. The E55 and E63 are already at dangerous levels of power. The sedan is faster than most of 2 seaters? How many 4500 lbs cars do low 12s 1/4 miles?

This is like "yeah Im doin Halle Berry but I really want Sara Verone"
Come on Juice, what's more American than greed?
Old 02-15-2008, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Ws2006
Ok please tell me this E55 wasnt stock.

I ran him from 40-140 and lost by 1 and 1/2 cars. We were both in sport mode but i was in second gear and he just left it normal and when he stepped on the gas it downshifted itself. So because of that i put about a car on him but he started to pull hard after 100. So if he was in the right gear he should have pulled on me right away and put around 3 cars on me. What is going on?

Update with the video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ivqusxKjzWg
Yo man, if your going to race E55's please make sure you R READY.
1.Never roll with traction control in the 63(if you need it, you should not be racing)

2.Never carry a passenger or EXTRA weight
3.Always leave prior to the third honk
4.Start in 2nd gear @4000 RPM
5.D/S but use the paddle to downshift(you did this but)....

enjoy your car and be safe. Get to a drag strip with your buddy and have someone else film or a stationary camera
Old 02-15-2008, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by juicee63
You guys complaining about the performance level is silly, this car trumps 99.99% of all sedans. The E55 and E63 are already at dangerous levels of power. The sedan is faster than most of 2 seaters? How many 4500 lbs cars do low 12s 1/4 miles?

This is like "yeah Im doin Halle Berry but I really want Sara Verone"
Juicee, I know our cars really fast, but consider the following.....

1) Corvette coming out with 650 hp ZR1
2) Caddilac CTS-V coming out with 550 hp compact sedan (supposed to be lighter than a C-Class and more power than E-Class).
3) Audi RS6 V10 Twin Turbo around 600 hp.
4) Rumors of BMW going TT V10 as well.

There are probably others, but it gets worse....... soon after these cars come out, with very simple mods, they'll be able to add 100 hp to each

We need a 600+ hp Twin Turbo V8 or V10 or at least a 650 N/A if they want to quit forced induction
Old 02-15-2008, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG 2010, Black, Pano, P2
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Juicee, I know our cars really fast, but consider the following.....

1) Corvette coming out with 650 hp ZR1
2) Caddilac CTS-V coming out with 550 hp compact sedan (supposed to be lighter than a C-Class and more power than E-Class).
3) Audi RS6 V10 Twin Turbo around 600 hp.
4) Rumors of BMW going TT V10 as well.

There are probably others, but it gets worse....... soon after these cars come out, with very simple mods, they'll be able to add 100 hp to each

We need a 600+ hp Twin Turbo V8 or V10 or at least a 650 N/A if they want to quit forced induction
It all sounds good, but what is the point of so much power? Power is nothing without control. I beleive the HP war is over. Performance gains will be marginal at best (law of diminishing returns) and the added cost, complexity and realiability issues may not even worth it.

I think car vendors will find themselves fighting an up hill battle from this point on. Those who find angles other then HP will most likely be the winners going forward. I dont know what it will be, but do you see yourself driving a 700HP E63TT or whatever? I dont. So we are approaching the ceiling fast.

I might be wrong though.

Last edited by AlbertM; 02-15-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by AlbertM
It all sounds good, but what is the point of so much power? Power is nothing without control. I beleive the HP war is over. Performance gains will be marginal at best and the added cost, complexity and realiability issues may not even worth it.

I think car vendors will find themselves fighting an up hill battle from this point on. Those who find angles other then HP will most likely be the winners going forward. I dont know what it will be, but do you see yourself driving a 700HP E63TT or whatever? I dont. So we are approaching the ceiling fast.

I might be wrong though.
I think you have somewhat of a point, but the major lynchpin supporting your argument would be traction, not necessarily durability of parts because as you can see, there are a lot of E55's on this board making enough torque to tear the Statue of Liberty from its perch and they're not exploding. Most RWD cars become pretty squirrely when you get above 500hp, hell my car is almost gutless at low RPM and I can still do a burnout with the best of them. Rubber is the major issue here, speed and power are manageable in the right hands.

The problem is half the time these rockets are getting in the hands of idiots and they're killing themselves and others.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG 2010, Black, Pano, P2
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
I think you have somewhat of a point, but the major lynchpin supporting your argument would be traction, not necessarily durability of parts because as you can see, there are a lot of E55's on this board making enough torque to tear the Statue of Liberty from its perch and they're not exploding. Most RWD cars become pretty squirrely when you get above 500hp, hell my car is almost gutless at low RPM and I can still do a burnout with the best of them. Rubber is the major issue here, speed and power are manageable in the right hands.

The problem is half the time these rockets are getting in the hands of idiots and they're killing themselves and others.
Not just traction, but also the cost to power ratio. My feeling is that it would take more and more $$$ to achieve marginally better results. From the car manufacturer' stand point that means that power is becoming commoditized (look at Cadilac etc). So it makes no sense to invest in HP alone.
I am just saying that the days of significant HP gains are numbered.

If you beleive in peak oil, we may find our cars being pretty much obsolete in the next 15 to 20 years and the current internal combustion engine on the verge of extinction.