MB Gumball Summer 2008?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
MB Gumball Summer 2008?

Please dont flame me for this if you dont think its a good idea. Please.

I dont know about you guys, but It has been my dream to do Gumball 3000 for some time now, but I'm not paying that much for a rally. Ever. That's another car. But I was thinking that the MB owners in California (or anywhere nearby) would want to get together sometime during Summer and drive to New York. Obviously I'm not saying in a straight drive, we'd take about 4 or 5 days each way, plan it out, book rooms at the same hotels and just have fun. Maybe we could even rent/barrow a high definition video camera and record it, then edit it after. I want to make it clear that I'm not talking about a race in any way. Just a rally. A cross country drive with friends. A lot of friends.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
Please dont flame me for this if you dont think its a good idea. Please.

I dont know about you guys, but It has been my dream to do Gumball 3000 for some time now, but I'm not paying that much for a rally. Ever. That's another car. But I was thinking that the MB owners in California (or anywhere nearby) would want to get together sometime during Summer and drive to New York. Obviously I'm not saying in a straight drive, we'd take about 4 or 5 days each way, plan it out, book rooms at the same hotels and just have fun. Maybe we could even rent/barrow a high definition video camera and record it, then edit it after. I want to make it clear that I'm not talking about a race in any way. Just a rally. A cross country drive with friends. A lot of friends.
Doing the gumball is and has been a dream of mine. I will do it when I have the cash in the next few years.

I am more than down to make that Rally if there were enough mbs involved! count me in
Old 02-27-2008, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
For those that have time constraints you could ship your car back home when your done and fly home.

A group of us did that when we did a RT.66 trip from the East Coast.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:47 AM

2007 Mercedes E63
I am a newbie here. I took delivery of an 07 E63 in November and absolutely love it. I am a BMW convert. Some of my friends and I participated in the Gumball rally the first year it was in the U.S. (2002) It is the ultimate game of cat and mouse. We had a "Team Texas" with 3 Porsche twin turbos, 1 RUF and 1 E55. We had all cars shipped to NY. We also had the same truck follow the route in case of a breakdown...he carried fuel, oil and tires. He could also assist other rally peers incase they broke down. we all had V1s, GPS, cell phones and police scanners. The same truck shipped all the cars back to Texas while we flew home. We never did it again for the new-ness was gone. Everyone knows about it....esspecially the police and state troopers. (they are not a fan of the rally) So, anyway, it is rather expensive and it's a beating on your car. I am very glad I participated and would not trade the experience for the world. oh yeah....all the celebrities they claim to have is b.s.