Sponsored by:

Modded M6 vs E55 *video*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Haha too bad Mr. Atilla can't chime in...His car is possesed...lol!!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003-E55 2011-C63 2016-C63S
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Ahhhh, but our hero Atilla makes everything right in the world. Oh, nice vid above too by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dkwi3mCQqM
I have never seen Atilla before. Those vids are insane
Would like to know mods.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by CJC32
I met up with another member here and we took a short drive to mexico for a few friendly runs. First is about 30-115 and second run is 50-125. We planned on doing a dig too but didnt have time. Were still gonna do it soon though. My car has evo headers, AA exhaust/ecu, RPI scoops and BMC filters. It dynoed at 480rwhp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlPeYuWyMIg
driving to mexico no wonder you guys had no time to run from a dig.lol.
the M sounds sick from inside the cabin. I would love to hear that from the outside.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:17 AM

2003 e55
my car is bone stock.. slammed on light weight 18s and custom piping exhaust.. not loud, but deep/// his m6 is definitely sick, sounds very loud and sexy... we'll post dig runs soon.. hope it wont be a rape for me again lol... but i was pretty sure i was on S mode and not C... second run.. to stay in powerband.. i was in M mode.. downshifted to 3rd, after we started going.. i put it in S mode.. didnt know if that helped since in S mode.. wen i floor the gas.. its got a sec or 2 of lag til it actually picks up
Old 02-29-2008, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
...First is about 30-115 and second run is 50-125..
Originally Posted by III II I I AMG
...but i was pretty sure i was on S mode and not C... second run.. to stay in powerband.. i was in M mode.. downshifted to 3rd, after we started going.. i put it in S mode.. didnt know if that helped since in S mode.. wen i floor the gas.. its got a sec or 2 of lag til it actually picks up
I have no idea why did you decided to use 3rd gear at >60 mph rolling starts... The lag is because the car downshifted again to 2nd.
Next time, stay in S mode, manually downshift to 2nd, and just stomp on it and let it upshift itself. I put down $100 to say the out come will be different. Modded M6 or not, there is no way in hell you get pulled away that hard. You may still lose, but in the video, it seriously looked like you stepped on the brakes...
Old 02-29-2008, 05:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
Originally Posted by tommy25000
that was 198 mph incase no one noticed
Wow this Atilla dude made that M6 look like it was parked on the highway.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
That E55 only has headers...the results are not surprising...

M6 can be faster but at higher speed... ussually rolling starts E55 will pull away a bit and then at higher speed 130+ mod M6 will pass...

From a dig M6 has a chance only if using EURO LC...

http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=zBB1RGtqIW0

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 02-29-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Almost a Member!

M6
III II I I AMG
I think the person above was referring to atillas race when they said he was in c not s.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by tommy25000
that was 198 mph incase no one noticed
Too bad, cuz the M really shines above 200mph. The M would have reeled him in and be putting buslengths on him by 201mph

This video is POINTLESS! A stock E55 vs. modded M6. Woopdy doo, who woulda thunk it, the M6 won.

Btw- from a 60 roll you should be in second not third (E55 guy)
Old 02-29-2008, 03:37 PM

E63 AMG
why does everyone go nutz on here when someone post a race against an amg car
Old 02-29-2008, 04:10 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
It's not going nuts. The point is that if you are going to post a race between two vehicles, make it a race! Why come on here and post a race between two significantly unmatched cars. I had a post here, were my car went up agaisnt a Z06. Evenly matched.(IMO) Not a post of me agaisnt a chevette! And, as stated previously, U would get BANNED if U attempted the same on the M board. If I go out today, with all my mods, and wax a M5/M6, then go post over there they would have a sh*t hemmorage! I at least gotta give this guy some grief for trolling over here. U don't agree? I appreciate nice cars. I respect the majority of the opinons that I read here, even if I don't agree. To post this blatantly obvious unfair matchup is lame. How many cars do U come up agaisnt, absolutely kill, and then run back here to post a kill story. The majority of the people that post here have most things in common. We are ENTHUSIAST, that have a want or desire to share/exchange information about cars. Unlike this guy, who in my opinon, was posting here to grandstand, agaisnt a member here no less. If we don't look out for each other, who will? Just my .02!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Almost a Member!

M6
Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
It's not going nuts. The point is that if you are going to post a race between two vehicles, make it a race! Why come on here and post a race between two significantly unmatched cars. I had a post here, were my car went up agaisnt a Z06. Evenly matched.(IMO) Not a post of me agaisnt a chevette! And, as stated previously, U would get BANNED if U attempted the same on the M board. If I go out today, with all my mods, and wax a M5/M6, then go post over there they would have a sh*t hemmorage! I at least gotta give this guy some grief for trolling over here. U don't agree? I appreciate nice cars. I respect the majority of the opinons that I read here, even if I don't agree. To post this blatantly obvious unfair matchup is lame. How many cars do U come up agaisnt, absolutely kill, and then run back here to post a kill story. The majority of the people that post here have most things in common. We are ENTHUSIAST, that have a want or desire to share/exchange information about cars. Unlike this guy, who in my opinon, was posting here to grandstand, agaisnt a member here no less. If we don't look out for each other, who will? Just my .02!
trolling...haha yeah, again Ive been a member here much longer than you have and most likely know as much about your car and other AMG cars as you. I have no control over what moderators on m5board chose to do and personally dont agree with some reason why people are banned. III II I I AMG has already said he wanted to post as well so its not posted to make him look bad. Everyone here knows different cars and different situations will have different results. These were just the results of two races. With that said, if you dont like it then simply dont watch it and dont read the post. Nobody is forcing you and it certainly wont hurt my feelings.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:32 PM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
trolling...haha yeah, again Ive been a member here much longer than you have and most likely know as much about your car and other AMG cars as you. I have no control over what moderators on m5board chose to do and personally dont agree with some reason why people are banned. III II I I AMG has already said he wanted to post as well so its not posted to make him look bad. Everyone here knows different cars and different situations will have different results. These were just the results of two races. With that said, if you dont like it then simply dont watch it and dont read the post. Nobody is forcing you and it certainly wont hurt my feelings.
Likewise nobody is forcing U to post here either! U may have been a member here, so what! Post this BS on your forum, where it can be appreciated. IMO U are not contributing here, just attempting to provoke a response. What other result would one expect? Why didn't U let III II I I AMG post his demise then? B/C U were hungry! Jelly Donut.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:39 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Very nice video. I would expect nothing less from a modified M6 agaisnt a stock E55. Now if it would be a modded for modded then it would be a different outcome. This is nothing new to me as I have seen many M's in my rear view mirror as well.
Haha...very true Jody.

I didn't expect anything less either. It's a modded M6 vs. a stock E55. It's not supposed to be that close.

Last edited by Sunny55; 02-29-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:41 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by phatmitzu
I have no idea why did you decided to use 3rd gear at >60 mph rolling starts... The lag is because the car downshifted again to 2nd.
Next time, stay in S mode, manually downshift to 2nd, and just stomp on it and let it upshift itself. I put down $100 to say the out come will be different. Modded M6 or not, there is no way in hell you get pulled away that hard. You may still lose, but in the video, it seriously looked like you stepped on the brakes...
III II I I AMG, take some notes, and do as this man says next time.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
This is like me going on E46fanatics and posting a vid of my CLK55 against a E46 M3 with an exhaust starting off in the wrong gear Except I would pull alot harder than that
Old 02-29-2008, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
Originally Posted by ENDSMTG

I completely disagree with you. Everyone has a right to post any race they want, not just of "evenly matched" cars... whatever that means. If that E55 owner decided to see how his stock E55 would do against a modded M6, there is nothing wrong with videotaping the race and posting the results. Its always interesting, at least to me, to see these types of races, regardless of whether the cars are "evenly matches" or not.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:41 PM

2003 e55
well.. i still dunno how to launch my car very well.. no idea what gear i should of been in.. but i was going to post it, but i didnt know how to post the video so i told him to do it... guys.. its only suppose to be something intresting for people to see, what a modded m6 can do to a stock e55.. dont flame him for it, his a cool guy lol i feel bad now lmao jk
Old 02-29-2008, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Nice wheels? What size are they?
Old 02-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
I completely disagree with you. Everyone has a right to post any race they want, not just of "evenly matched" cars... whatever that means. If that E55 owner decided to see how his stock E55 would do against a modded M6, there is nothing wrong with videotaping the race and posting the results. Its always interesting, at least to me, to see these types of races, regardless of whether the cars are "evenly matches" or not.
i agree chill out END. The vid was disclosed giving info on both cars. If he said they were both the same then yeah can be seen as trolling, any way nice rides
if possible see if you can meet up with any of the modded 55k to see how the outcome fairs just for interest if possible
drive safely you two
Old 02-29-2008, 11:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Sorry, 480 rwhp, or 60 more than the basic E55, isn't going to generate that kind of differential, that's not credible
Old 03-01-2008, 02:27 AM

'04 E55
Originally Posted by regor60
Sorry, 480 rwhp, or 60 more than the basic E55, isn't going to generate that kind of differential, that's not credible
+1 I would expect the M6 to definitely pull but not that badly. The E55 guy may want to check his IC pump as someone else mentioned here.
I know 2 people who have M5s and sometimes we race for fun. We usually start from 30-40mph and I always downshift to gear 1 before flooring it. Honestly, most of the times I pull 2-3 cars ahead and the M5 never catches up, but I do notice that it closes the gap a bit after 120-130mph which is pretty much when we usually end the race.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:18 AM

2003-E55 2011-C63 2016-C63S
Originally Posted by mche55!
why does everyone go nutz on here when someone post a race against an amg car
The only races I take any real notice of on the net are on a track or drag strip finishing with a time slip, but its all good fun to watch objectively.

Don't mean to hijack but here is a good example. Saturday night right now Down Under. Took my kid to watch a skateboard competition today at the Sydney Opera House. “Slaughter at the Opera”.Blah Blah..Anyway...A Mitsubishi EVO had a little run with me on the way home. My boy is asleep in the back and my wife was going nuts "slow down, don’t kill us"...like if I keep the foot down the rest of my day will turn to s**t. So I decided to save the marriage and let him go. The 55 was all over him…. I know I was just having a play and the 55 had a heap in reserve but I was restrained by the wife. So anyway he hangs back till I catch him and then exits up a ramp and gives me the finger like he has had some monumental victory. I was really pissed. Next time when I'm solo I will crush the ***** if I find him. Anyway….lets assume his passenger had a camera filming that pissy little effort. It would be all over YouTube titled something like Evo Kills E55. And the evo forums would all be going..."The Merc was trying...No Bro...I swear to God mate...Its true". Anyway a bit long but my point is just have fun and watch the videos objectively.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:07 PM

2003 e55
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Nice wheels? What size are they?
if your talkin about my wheels.. then 18x9 front, 18x10 rear
Old 03-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Almost a Member!

2006 M6
Question

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Why dont you post equally modded cars? Better yet, lets meet in Mexico and I'll tear your precious M6 a new one FROM A ROLL and then IN THE TWISTIES

BTW- I'm just adding fuel to the fire lol

Not trying to fan the flames here but I am a little tired of this straight-line stuff. I take my M6 to the track do the AMG track their cars at proper racetracks?

Just curious, I only usually see other BMWs and Porsches and the occasional Ferrari dude driving slow but looking spectacular in his custom suit and painted helmet.

Anyone here track their AMG?

Here are some other videos shot in Mexico

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiN6QoU3vO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8vLlwjPJzg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKXEM91zQGw

Last edited by T Bone; 03-01-2008 at 01:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modded M6 vs E55 *video*