Sponsored by:

Pic of CF Interior Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Flint Grey E55
Originally Posted by jpohl402
did the dealer install that front plate bracket or did you?
from above - why does my 05 have aluminum studded pedals and this car has standard black ones? thanks!
The dealer installed it for me.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Originally Posted by supre55
If you guys are coming down, hit me up and lets run the cars for sure. Not that I can keep up with yours... although CF does add at least 4 hp!

Here is the scoop on the setup...

I got several bids from shops in CA rangin from $1100 to $6800 for molded pieces to wrapped pieces. I found a shop in Taiwan that had the molds, but only made overlay pieces. I plunked down XX, and hoped for the best. The pieces fit "fairly" well. I had to do some significant sanding on the console pieces as they are a tight fit from the factory, and my original plate around the shift boot was all burl requiring removal and several coats of aluminum paint (to match the guages) and clear coat. The front door pieces were tricky with the radius tying back into the dash, and you definitely need 3M 08890 adhesive to make sure everything stays put and is tight. If you are handy with a sander or a Dremel then this should be a piece of cake. If you are able to remove your own wood pieces then it will be even easier.

Oh, yeah... the price? 500 George Washingtons. Not bad considering the alternative. Next project is replacing the rear diffuser, and new pedals.
So where we can get these ??? Taiwan ???
Old 03-05-2008, 09:25 AM

E55
DirectParts4u is the name of the seller. He can be reached at directparts4u@hotmail.com.

Like I said, the parts need some work to get a perfect fit, but for $500 retail you can't beat it. By the way, I love the sound of the X-pipe!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Originally Posted by supre55
DirectParts4u is the name of the seller. He can be reached at directparts4u@hotmail.com.

Like I said, the parts need some work to get a perfect fit, but for $500 retail you can't beat it. By the way, I love the sound of the X-pipe!

Thanks...

What work to they need again..is very diffucult ???
Old 03-05-2008, 07:30 PM

E55
They mainly need sanding to get everything to fit perfect. Everything is so tight from the factory, that the margin for error on the fabrication is slim to none. For example, where the cubby cover ties into the console is tight and requires sanding. Where the cup holder cover ties into the console needs sanding and the front door panel pieces need sanding. Not too terribly big of a project considering the cost savings compared to the alternative.