Sponsored by:

dealer which is great has had car for a week

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
junk
dealer which is great has had car for a week

front rotors warped with 7k miles and refuse to take it back until they fix the hesitation problem which have been told no problem. this is trip #2.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:28 AM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
You need to start setting them up on a lemon-law claim.

Depending on the state, they will usually get 3, 4, or 5 tries to make the same problem right once they are notified, then they have to buy it back from you at full price less an allowance for however many miles you put on it.

You have to put them on notice first, so go ahead and get your attorney to ship off the letter. That will light a fire under them to get it fixed, at the very least.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 368 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
+1

Do not pass GO, go straight to the Lemon Law.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:02 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 C63S
Originally Posted by dc63er
front rotors warped with 7k miles and refuse to take it back until they fix the hesitation problem which have been told no problem. this is trip #2.

where do you take yours?
Old 03-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
Originally Posted by CWW
You need to start setting them up on a lemon-law claim.

Depending on the state, they will usually get 3, 4, or 5 tries to make the same problem right once they are notified, then they have to buy it back from you at full price less an allowance for however many miles you put on it.

You have to put them on notice first, so go ahead and get your attorney to ship off the letter. That will light a fire under them to get it fixed, at the very least.
Good luck with that.I spoke to several attorneys that deal strictly with Lemon Law vehicles.Each one told me Mercedes is THE toughest&will fight you every step of the way as they are under the belief that their cars are superior&it's the owners fault.You will be tied up(at least in NY)for 8-12mos going back&forth with M-B.
Of course,a few of the attorneys were willing to offer me arbitration for a flat fee(non-refundable even if you win)for several thousand dollars and it basically boiled down to this:
-You pay attorney
-You get a court date
-M-B's lawyers show up&fight for M-B
-your lawyer fights for you
-You have a 50% chance of winning the case
Like I said this is strictly the situation I faced in New York,your state may be different

I gave up after hearing that & they finally fixed my brakes so I guess it all worked out
Old 03-24-2008, 06:50 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by oldgixxer
Good luck with that.I spoke to several attorneys that deal strictly with Lemon Law vehicles.Each one told me Mercedes is THE toughest&will fight you every step of the way as they are under the belief that their cars are superior&it's the owners fault.You will be tied up(at least in NY)for 8-12mos going back&forth with M-B.
Of course,a few of the attorneys were willing to offer me arbitration for a flat fee(non-refundable even if you win)for several thousand dollars and it basically boiled down to this:
-You pay attorney
-You get a court date
-M-B's lawyers show up&fight for M-B
-your lawyer fights for you
-You have a 50% chance of winning the case
Like I said this is strictly the situation I faced in New York,your state may be different

I gave up after hearing that & they finally fixed my brakes so I guess it all worked out
IMO, you need to talk with a few more attorneys. The ones who hate going to court irritate me, and should be avoided. They seem to forget that's their job. Lot of those types out there.

Just because they can't win on summary judgment and might actually have to do some trial prep is no reason to tell the client not to proceed. FWIW, Mercedes can fight all they want and it won't matter if you can meet the elements of the lemon law statute, which are pretty simple.

It's basically: Notice + XXX amount of repair attempts + Problem still exists = buyback. They can fight you all they want, doesn't mean they'll win. If you have your documentation in order, I don't see how the chances of you winning are anywhere near as low as 50%.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Last time I browsed ebay, there were several MBs (incl. E55s) which were described as 'manufacturer buyback' or something to that effect. Presumably these were bought back by MB under lemon laws in their home state? FWIW, YMMV, etc etc